Is it illegal for companies like juul, stlth, vype, etc to sell used pods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon10

May 29, 2020
As the question speaks for itself, I’ve run into this scenario a few times specifically with vype. Every now and then, every puff since the first one tastes like a burnt and already used coil. It seems to happen in 1 in every 5 pods or so. Is this just bad luck, or is could it be a possibility they are reusing pods to save money, and if it were the case, would it be considered illegal to sell already used pods?

Reactions: PeterKay

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
As the question speaks for itself, I’ve run into this scenario a few times specifically with vype. Every now and then, every puff since the first one tastes like a burnt and already used coil. It seems to happen in 1 in every 5 pods or so. Is this just bad luck, or is could it be a possibility they are reusing pods to save money, and if it were the case, would it be considered illegal to sell already used pods?
I second englishmic, Smok for example: I personally got a pack of Smok Nord coils where every single coil failed after 2-3 days: flooded and started overheating. Genuine- checked with Smok app... If you research online, it seems to be common with Smok.
I also bought some fake innokin prism coils on ebay that tasted like I was vaping rubber, disgusting....

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    This is NOT likely what is happening because how on earth would these manufacturers be getting their hands on the used pods?

Concerning it's legality, it probably is illegal in most western countries to resell products that requires the consumer to put the product in their mouth. But this is a moot point given my first sentence above.

I suspect bad pods, bad luck, user error or all three.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Um I have heard rumors of horrible, disgusting ex smokers tossing USED pods out at traffic lights. I am not saying it's true, nor have I looked, nor do I use the pod type system so really I wouldn't know but I might state that a sort of homeless redemption program COULD be put in place and none of us would ever be the any the wiser.

I mean I sure wouldn't because I now have JUST YET ONE MORE REASON to never vape a POD OMG. OMG. OMG.

That is just the grossest idea ever. I guess the FDA might approve some "sanitization" method like, for the right price. IDK.

Like I said....

Will not be finding out.

Anna

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    I don't think it's economical for them to reuse pods. I think it's probably cheaper to make them in the first place I don't even know where they would get their hands on used pods. Whether it's illegal or not I don't know it's not yet a terribly regulated industry and I would imagine it would definitely be something that they would say no to if we were making reasonable laws about e-cigarettes in the United States but we're not we're just trying to ban them. What's likely happening is it's just a cheaply-made product and the coils are duds. You see that in all factory made coils but it's more common with certain companies than with others. I imagine pods are probably on the worst end of that list

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    Juul having a pod buy-back. Just send in all your used pods and they'll send you "new" refilled pods for a discount. Lightly sanitized, of course, and never mind the flecks of chapped lip skin stuck on the ends, it scrapes right off no problem. So just save your used pods until you get a sizable shipment. We dont care where ya find them, parking lots, ashtray at work, where ever just as long as they arent crushed under someone's tire. We can't fix those. So, come on kids, let's go pod hunting. And remember, the more the merrier. Part of me says dont post this, the other part of me already pushed the button.

• Winner
    Reactions: Izan

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Juul probably MIGHT advertise that at some point. Honestly. I am glad the button was pushed.

I kinda…. I approve of recycling IN GENERAL except when the act of DOING the recycling is actually more harmful than well, just landfilling it.

I think I know where I stand on the "harmfulness" of recycling pods. I will say, I do not vape pods but I have seen them advertised among the "coil" sections at times. Some of them look quite substantial. I think I still know where I stand.

Gotta stop giving them ideas! LOL

Anan

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Could be both. Schrodinger's cat. The coil is refurbished AND poorly made, until you open the box.

I am never opening the box. Let sleeping cats die, or lie, but for the love of God, perhaps BOTH.

I doubt they are refurbished...yet. I am fairly certain Juul's marketing department has paid a princely sum to all the information gatherers to figure out what worse could be to come.

I am not a Juul fan I say it here. I vaped ONE puff and handed it back saying "too rich for my blood." Still not sure if there is not a SMIDGE of fentanyl in there.

Anna

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    Could be both. Schrodinger's cat. The coil is refurbished AND poorly made, until you open the box.

I am never opening the box. Let sleeping cats die, or lie, but for the love of God, perhaps BOTH.

I doubt they are refurbished...yet. I am fairly certain Juul's marketing department has paid a princely sum to all the information gatherers to figure out what worse could be to come.

I am not a Juul fan I say it here. I vaped ONE puff and handed it back saying "too rich for my blood." Still not sure if there is not a SMIDGE of fentanyl in there.

Anna
    Fentanyl :lol:

• Agree
    Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I'm TELLING you. I have gotten very adept at spotting opiate actions and how they make me feel. Like Theraflu is my favorite cold remedy (OMG I BET WE HAVE SOME AND ALL THIS TIME I have been IGNORING it.) It's chemically similar to an opiate in this way you get so floaty. I used to use it for a hangover cure (I do not recommend that after doing so to my sister, when she came home going "I am so drunk I feel so sick!" I said take some Theraflu it works great! She does not have my constitution I guess because 20 minutes later she was puking it up in the toilet. OMG I gave my sibs such BAD advice as a youth. I am surprised they are all still with us.

And HOLY GOODNESS the Theraflu, I had to ask my sponsor if I was "allowed to take it." She asked me if I (now) only took it as needed for illness, and I said, "Oh my goodness YES." She said, it is permitted.

It only affects some people that way. One medical assistant got sick on his probationary period, and we had many long discussions of the unbelievably CURATIVE effects of Theraflu like not just PHYSICALLY but also psychologically,. and I would bring him more when it was his "time" and I would whisper, "You are floating through this day."

LOL the Juul puff was JUST like that. I got all dopey and I was like, "Hide that thing when I come over wouldja?" To the kid.

Oh well, time to eat then I CAN IMBIBE THERAFLU it has been rather an exceptionally ROTTEN day and I bet you anything it helps me sleep. I might even get two doses in before bed if I am quick about it LOL.

But only, as per my sponsor "if the correct amount of time has passed."

Anna

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread