Signature Required?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Sometimes the originator puts that on the receiving agent (you). I go to my FedEx shipping location in my town and intercept it. They know when it will come in and will hold it for you to pick-up on your schedule. But, you have to do that before it goes out for delivery.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
My wife had a hair dryer delivered yesterday by Fedex. The shipping notification said signature required. They didn't ask for a signature though, just dropped it on the front porch. Maybe it's a Fedex thing.

That's odd. I've never gotten a signature required package from FedEx unless the shipper requested it.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Shipper did. Cause it's the law where they are but not where I am, hence the question.

It's required as part of age verification. Basically, they could get into trouble for selling to you if you were underage regardless of where you happen to be.

Interestingly, they do tend to accept that the definition of 'underage' depends on the jurisdiction. If I buy vape supplies from Ontario, where it means under 19, Canada Post will only confirm that I'm not under 18, which is the age of majority in my province. Equally, if someone in Ontario buys gear from Alberta, they'll have to prove they're 19 even though they could buy it at 18 if they were physically in Alberta.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
More like an ID expired during the lock-down thing. :oops:

They didn't give you an extention on your driver's license in your state?

Here in mine they extended it until October as well as are allowing you to apply for a renewal license and replacement (using the last rounds photo) via online and they mail it to you... my husband just got his new one in the mail today, even though the DMV is closed to the public.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Shipper did. Cause it's the law where they are but not where I am, hence the question.

That was my point. I was responding to Englishmick's comment that "maybe it's a FedEx thing." It's not, because only the shipper can request signature required. FedEx just delivers packages.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
It's not just Canada. Here in CA (USA) it is supposedly required but it depends on the vendor (some do, some don't) Here they also add a $5 fee for it (that really sucks for small orders) That also means you have to be home when it's delivered o_O

It's a new law in California.

E-Cigarette Regulations - California | Public Health Law Center

Delivery sales, distribution, or nonsale distribution (e.g., mail, phone, online) of electronic cigarettes through the U.S. Postal Service or any other public or private postal service prohibited unless the age of the product purchaser is verified as 21 years or older at both time of purchase and delivery. Additionally, the container must be conspicuously labeled with “CONTAINS TOBACCO PRODUCTS: SIGNATURE OF PERSON 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER REQUIRED FOR DELIVERY.”

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I’m not sure if all delivery services have this but I’ve gone on their website and made an account so you can sign for it in advance online. I think you can do it for fedex.

And then you don't have to be at home when they deliver the package, correct?

Reactions: Opinionated

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
And then you don't have to be at home when they deliver the package, correct?
Yes, the agreement in setup says something to the affect like we aren’t responsible for the package, and then they leave it on the porch. I’m not sure if fedex has this but some let you pick a spot from choices like front door, back door, garage door, etc. Although it’s usually only applicable if it won’t fit in your mailbox. I know USPS has this which is nice because frequently the other carriers often ship it to your town and then handoff to Usps for final delivery. Usps has informed delivery which is worth signing up for. It’s free and it will show you pics of your mail that’s due to arrive each day and packages. So if you just see junk mail, you don’t even got to bother going to the mailbox. Anyway, I digress, but hopefully this can help some of you cope with the dreaded wait for vape mail. It’s excruciating and we need all the help we can get.:tumble:

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
My wife had a hair dryer delivered yesterday by Fedex. The shipping notification said signature required. They didn't ask for a signature though, just dropped it on the front porch. Maybe it's a Fedex thing.
Maybe it's a corona virus thing. FedEx brought my DIY stuff the other day. I opened the door and he started backing up real quick. I asked if he wanted me to sign anything and he said no. Practically ran away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread