Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Yes, prewrapped

On FastTech, search terms to use for them...could be precoiled-wires (as sonicbomb already linked to) or pre-coiled Kanthal coils or pre-wound Kanthal coils. Same for SS316L coils if you'd want those. I haven't seen FT use the term pre-wrapped. Any of the 3 terms mentioned will result in a very large number of items. Add what ohms you'd like them to be, and it'll narrow down the choices a lot. Then you can check the specs for those that interest you and see which have a 2.5mm inside diameter.

I've bought many pre-wound Kanthal A1 and pre-wound SS316L coils on FastTech for current use and to stash. Their prices are dirt cheap (usually average about 3-5 cents each in packs of 50 and/or 100)...and they've been excellent coils.

Straydonkey

Nov 24, 2020
Palm Beach Florida
On FastTech, search terms to use for them...could be precoiled-wires (as sonicbomb already linked to) or pre-coiled Kanthal coils or pre-wound Kanthal coils. Same for SS316L coils if you'd want those. I haven't seen FT use the term pre-wrapped. Any of the 3 terms mentioned will result in a very large number of items. Add what ohms you'd like them to be, and it'll narrow down the choices a lot. Then you can check the specs for those that interest you and see which have a 2.5mm inside diameter.

I've bought many pre-wound Kanthal A1 and pre-wound SS316L coils on FastTech for current use and to stash. Their prices are dirt cheap (usually average about 3-5 cents each in packs of 50 and/or 100)...and they've been excellent coils.
That is the thing, I'm not schooled on "ohms", I have been using the Vaporesso forz tank and the sub ohm coil is 0.4 Ohms. I'm sure the RDA coils are a different story. I have (with all my sub ohm tanks) just bought stock coils for whatever tank I'm using, never paid attention to ohms. I just recently realized the higher the ohms on a premade sub ohm tank the higher watts it can handle, if that's even correct. I have been vaping since 2011 but always just bought stock premade sub ohm.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
That is the thing, I'm not schooled on "ohms", I have been using the Vaporesso forz tank and the sub ohm coil is 0.4 Ohms. I'm sure the RDA coils are a different story.

If you've been liking the 0.4ohm drop-in coils and vaping at 50-60 watts...I'd get pre-wound coils that will allow you to continue that. For a single coil RDA configuration you'd just buy 0.4ohm pre-wound coils and install 1 of them on the RDA. However, for a dual coil configuration...you'd want to buy 0.8ohm coils, since you'll be using 2 coils.

Something else to consider is whether you want Kanthal A1 coils and/or SS316L coils. If you plan to use the Temperature Control function on your mod(s)...you'll need to get the SS316L coils. However, even if you don't want to use the TC function...I'd still recommend going with the SS316L coils. IMO, and that of many others I know, we get a "cleaner" taste when using the SS316L coils. The taste also will somewhat depend on what wicking material used, too, though. Many people use wicking material that's Japanese Organic Cotton, and others use 100% rayon for it.

So, on FT, if you like the 0.4ohm resistance and your current wattage range...I'd search for Pre-wound or Pre-coiled SS316L 0.8ohm coils. They'll likely be available in packs of 50, 100, and/or 200. You might want to pay attention to the number of star ratings shown and the reviews for them. Some brands on FT have better ones of those than others.

Straydonkey

Nov 24, 2020
Palm Beach Florida
If you've been liking the 0.4ohm drop-in coils and vaping at 50-60 watts...I'd get pre-wound coils that will allow you to continue that. For a single coil RDA configuration you'd just buy 0.4ohm pre-wound coils and install 1 of them on the RDA. However, for a dual coil configuration...you'd want to buy 0.8ohm coils, since you'll be using 2 coils.

Something else to consider is whether you want Kanthal A1 coils and/or SS316L coils. If you plan to use the Temperature Control function on your mod(s)...you'll need to get the SS316L coils. However, even if you don't want to use the TC function...I'd still recommend going with the SS316L coils. IMO, and that of many others I know, we get a "cleaner" taste when using the SS316L coils. The taste also will somewhat depend on what wicking material used, too, though. Many people use wicking material that's Japanese Organic Cotton, and others use 100% rayon for it.

So, on FT, if you like the 0.4ohm resistance and your current wattage range...I'd search for Pre-wound or Pre-coiled SS316L 0.8ohm coils. They'll likely be available in packs of 50, 100, and/or 200. You might want to pay attention to the number of star ratings shown and the reviews for them. Some brands on FT have better ones of those than others.
That's what I was looking for, thank you. I will look into it. The online vape shops I use are the popular ones (dont know if I can mention them here) but the usual ones. Thank you very much

Reactions: JCinFLA

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@Straydonkey - Here's 1 result on FastTech, and I'll keep looking and post more as I find them. Your best bet price-wise..is FastTech. Most online shops don't sell the simple coils...only the fancier, pricier ones.

$4.63 316L Stainless Steel Wire (200-Pack) - 26 AWG / 0.4mm dia. / 0.8ohm at FastTech - Free Shipping

They used to carry another 1 but it has been discontinued. The only other ones getting you close to 0.4ohm when using 2 of them are these, by the 10-pack:

$1.61 Authentic Coilology 316L Stainless Steel MTL Pre-Coiled Wire - 28 AWG / 0.32mm dia. / 0.9ohm / 10pcs/pack at FastTech - Free Shipping

I can look for Kanthal A1 ones, too, if you'd want to try them...remembering you couldn't use them with TC on a mod.

Last edited:
Reactions: Straydonkey

Straydonkey

Nov 24, 2020
Palm Beach Florida
@Straydonkey - Here's 1 result on FastTech, and I'll keep looking and post more as I find them. Your best bet price-wise..is FastTech. Most online shops don't sell the simple coils...only the fancier, pricier ones.

$4.63 316L Stainless Steel Wire (200-Pack) - 26 AWG / 0.4mm dia. / 0.8ohm at FastTech - Free Shipping

They used to carry another 1 but it has been discontinued. The only other ones getting you close to 0.4ohm when using 2 of them are these, by the 10-pack:

$1.61 Authentic Coilology 316L Stainless Steel MTL Pre-Coiled Wire - 28 AWG / 0.32mm dia. / 0.9ohm / 10pcs/pack at FastTech - Free Shipping

I can look for Kanthal A1 ones, too, if you'd want to try them...remembering you couldn't use them with TC on a mod.
Sorry, just saw this. I didn't order any coils yet, I'll look into this, great prices

Reactions: JCinFLA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread