Weird e-liquid / juice Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bravoroni

Jun 16, 2021
Hey guys,

So I ordered some 0mg bottles of eliquid 60ml online (full bottles not short fills) in a flavor that I have been vaping for awhile.

I took them to my local Vape shop and asked my usual guy to add nicotine to them. I normally smoke 6MG on my sub-ohm set up @ 0.2 ohms and 70w. So he added 6MG like he usually does.

When I got home it tasted weird. I would t say it was harsh, but it definitely had more of a throat hit / kick to it.

Normally @ 6MG I can pull / suck until I run out of breath and it comes out smooth. However this time I would hit it for 2-3 seconds and had to stop as it felt over powering.

As mentioned it wasn’t too harsh, and didn’t make me cough or anything. It just felt stronger and after a few puffs I felt a weird peppery feeling in my throat. Like I had just ate a spicy meal or food with a lot of pepper.

What could have gone wrong? I’m guessing 1 of the following things:

- He put in too much nicotine by mistake and more than 6MG? I called him after the fact, and he swears he put 6MG using the same calculations as always.

- He used the wrong type of nicotine? I normally always use 6MG freebase. Maybe he put in salts?

- Normally I give him 60ml short fills, this time I gave him full 60ml bottles. So maybe that screwed up his calculations of how much nicotine to add?

- His nicotine has gone bad / oxidized? Although the color of the juice looks normal and isn’t overly dark or red.

- Maybe I just need to let the juice sit for a few days for the nicotine to absorb into the liquid better? (Although this has never been an issue in the past)

Luckily I also asked him to add 3mg and 4.5mg to a few bottles (for my wife who prefers 3-4.5mg). I tested the 3mg and it tastes fine and smokes smooth. Although it does feel like the nicotine is a little too low for me. I then added some 4.5mg to my tank (which was half full of 3mg) and it seemed to be perfect. Like the 6MG I was used to in the past.

As this point I’m thinking to just get some 120ml chubby gorilla bottles and mix 60ml @ 3mg w/ 60ml @ 6mg and hopefully that will do the trick.

If anyone has any thoughts or ideas on what went wrong please let me know.

Thanks!

Reactions: Superuser187

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Peppery taste does happen with old nic that has gone off, but if it was bad nicotine I think you would get the bad taste with the 3 and 4.5 as well as the 6mg. Unless he used different nic in the 6mg bottles. How full were the bottles? Maybe there wasn't enough space to add the normal nic and he used stronger nic. Hard to see how slightly different nic levels could make a big difference to the taste without something else happening.

Were the bottles you had done for your wife the same flavored juice you used for your own mixes. Do you have any 0mg juice left that you could try vaping?

Bravoroni

Jun 16, 2021
Peppery taste does happen with old nic that has gone off, but if it was bad nicotine I think you would get the bad taste with the 3 and 4.5 as well as the 6mg. Unless he used different nic in the 6mg bottles. How full were the bottles? Maybe there wasn't enough space to add the normal nic and he used stronger nic. Hard to see how slightly different nic levels could make a big difference to the taste without something else happening.

Were the bottles you had done for your wife the same flavored juice you used for your own mixes. Do you have any 0mg juice left that you could try vaping?
Well when I’m vaping the juice, it doesn’t taste peppery. I only got a peppery feeling in my throat after smoking around 7-8 puffs and then stopping. It felt like I had ate some pepper and I could feel it in the back of my throat.

The bottles were totally full (not short fill) 60ml bottles. I’m assuming he would have poured out a little juice to make space for the nicotine. Unfortunately I don’t have any 0mg as I added nicotine to all the bottles I had.

Yes the flavors were the same I did for my wife in 3 and 4.5mg. After more time vaping it, even the 3mg one tastes a little off. Not peppery but not how it usually tastes.

I did a little test and put 3 drops on a white plate from 3 different bottle of the same juice flavor / brand.
Bottle 1 was an old 6MG which I had for about a week. It tastes and vapes fine.
Bottle 2 was the new 6MG which I got today.
Bottle 3 was the new 3MG which I got today.

In comparison the new bottles (both 3 and 6MG were the same color a very light yellow. Then the old 6MG bottle which I have been vaping with no problems, was a bit darker yellow.
The juice is 70/30 could it maybe be a steeping issue?

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
Normally u can't add nicotine to a full bottle there is not enough space to fill especially since u wanted 6mg so the only way would be to add a very high nicotine percentage base and maybe he didn't calculate correct??

If the juices are ready to vape usually no need steeping cause until they are made and shiped they get steeped...
Could be juice very fresh tho made and shipped fast and didn't had time to steep well enough...as u say colour is bit darker on the old juice u vape and like it soooo seems this is the case...better wait for them to steep I guess need few days maybe...

If u gonna dilute the juice with 0nic PG and VG u gonna lose lot of flavour but maybe it will work and fix it...but if i was you I would wait a bit first in case steeping helps...

I hope the problem is now your coil need to be changed :p I mean u tried all those juices on your atomizer and not your wife's???

Reactions: Bravoroni

Bravoroni

Jun 16, 2021
Normally u can't add nicotine to a full bottle there is not enough space to fill especially since u wanted 6mg so the only way would be to add a very high nicotine percentage base and maybe he didn't calculate correct??

If the juices are ready to vape usually no need steeping cause until they are made and shiped they get steeped...
Could be juice very fresh tho made and shipped fast and didn't had time to steep well enough...as u say colour is bit darker on the old juice u vape and like it soooo seems this is the case...better wait for them to steep I guess need few days maybe...

If u gonna dilute the juice with 0nic PG and VG u gonna lose lot of flavour but maybe it will work and fix it...but if i was you I would wait a bit first in case steeping helps...

I hope the problem is now your coil need to be changed :p I mean u tried all those juices on your atomizer and not your wife's???

Hey thanks for the reply.

Yeah the shipment seems to be very fresh. I ordered it directly from the manufacturer. And the expiration date is 2024! So I would assume it’s a new batch.

I have tried 3 tanks, changed the coils on all of them and tried it on 3 different mods. So I don’t think the issue is the tank or coil.

I guess it either needs to steep awhile to settle, or the guy used bad / old nic or used a stronger nic due to lack of space as they were full bottles.

I’m gonna do a side by side comparison tomorrow. Same type of mod (lost Vape Thelema DNA 250c, I have 2) same tank (FREEMAX Mesh pro 2, I have a few of them)

In one tank I will put the old “good” juice which tastes fine. In the other tank I’ll put the new 3mg juice and see if there is a difference or if I’m just crazy haha

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
Hey thanks for the reply.

Yeah the shipment seems to be very fresh. I ordered it directly from the manufacturer. And the expiration date is 2024! So I would assume it’s a new batch.

I have tried 3 tanks, changed the coils on all of them and tried it on 3 different mods. So I don’t think the issue is the tank or coil.

I guess it either needs to steep awhile to settle, or the guy used bad / old nic or used a stronger nic due to lack of space as they were full bottles.

I’m gonna do a side by side comparison tomorrow. Same type of mod (lost Vape Thelema DNA 250c, I have 2) same tank (FREEMAX Mesh pro 2, I have a few of them)

In one tank I will put the old “good” juice which tastes fine. In the other tank I’ll put the new 3mg juice and see if there is a difference or if I’m just crazy haha

Usually peppery feeling is bad nicotine....nicotine on it's own it's diluted into VG or PG and it's totally clear but we can't know cause we haven't seen the bottle he added...
The juices flavourings have their own colour that also changes as its steeping so it's hard to know by the colour...

An unsteeped juice can cause any kind of wierd taste and since as u say the juice seems fresh I believe that's it cause I guess the guy in the vape shop even if he used high concentration nicotine I assume he did the calculations so it must be 6mg juice...

The thing is that steeping takes many days and in my experience the least a juice need to sit to steep to be able to be vaped without wierd taste or weak taste is like one week....and up to 3weeks to get the stronger taste or more different and correct taste...
So what u gonna vape until the juice steeps that's the problem...do u have enough steeped juice ?

What flavour juices they?

Reactions: Bravoroni

Bravoroni

Jun 16, 2021
Usually peppery feeling is bad nicotine....nicotine on it's own it's diluted into VG or PG and it's totally clear but we can't know cause we haven't seen the bottle he added...
The juices flavourings have their own colour that also changes as its steeping so it's hard to know by the colour...

An unsteeped juice can cause any kind of wierd taste and since as u say the juice seems fresh I believe that's it cause I guess the guy in the vape shop even if he used high concentration nicotine I assume he did the calculations so it must be 6mg juice...

The thing is that steeping takes many days and in my experience the least a juice need to sit to steep to be able to be vaped without wierd taste or weak taste is like one week....and up to 3weeks to get the stronger taste or more different and correct taste...
So what u gonna vape until the juice steeps that's the problem...do u have enough steeped juice ?

What flavour juices they?
Luckily I have lots of other juice laying around, so I’ll be able to survive while I wait.

The flavor is Blackberry Crumble by Dinner lady. I’ve vaped a few bottles in the last weeks and absolutely loved it!

Not sure what happened with this new one. But for some reason I think it’s the nicotine that’s causing it.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
Luckily I have lots of other juice laying around, so I’ll be able to survive while I wait.

The flavor is Blackberry Crumble by Dinner lady. I’ve vaped a few bottles in the last weeks and absolutely loved it!

Not sure what happened with this new one. But for some reason I think it’s the nicotine that’s causing it.

As u said tho the colour is not very dark so this juice is not steeped well and a juice like this kind should need some days to be ready cause not all flavours take same time to steep...

If the nicotine is the problem u can't do anything about it except dilute the juice very much maybe even double it to be sure u won't have bad taste and then u gonna need to add nicotine also and end up with lot of juice with very little flavour...

The vape shop guy wouldnt admit the nicotine is bad I guess anyway....sooo all u can do is wait and hope it just needs to steep a bit....give it a shake for like 10seconds twice a day and let it sit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread