Vaping "aged" nicotine liquid... Love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
I've got 2 x bottles of Carolina 100mg PG liquid, both about 1 year old. I started mixing liquids with it today, and noticed that the nicotine mixture has begun to oxidize. This liquid is normally clear, but has begun to take-on a sort-of orange hue.

I mixed 2 x 60ml bottles of Mothers Milk, and 2 x my RY4 w/cheesecake and coffee. The oxidized nicotine liquid gives these liquids a tobacco-like throat hit that I haven't gotten since I quite smoking. It's the one thing that I've always missed about smoking. I could get this when mixing my liquids at 18mg, but never at 3mg.

I keep my liquids in the refrigerator, but I'm thinking I could maybe accelerate the oxidization process, by leaving the liquids unsealed?

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

I keep my liquids in the refrigerator, but I'm thinking I could maybe accelerate the oxidization process, by leaving the liquids unsealed?

Two or Three weeks sitting here should help

sunny-window1-300x225.jpg

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
A friend was disappointed when he made a batch of juice with his new nic.
He was saying it was too smooth and nothing tasted right. He thought he had got a bad batch.
I tried some of it and thought it was good, then tried one of his older batches that he left and was comparing his new batch to. His old stuff was peppery and had a flavour note reminiscent of something in Pall Mall cigarettes. It was pretty good!
In the bottom of the used main 100mg bottle he had been mixing with there was enough fluid to see that it was tinted and a bit dark.
I guess as he worked through the bottle he had become accustom to the gradual oxidization at every new mix.
TBH I dont mind the peppery taste of a slightly oxidized juice, up to a point. I much prefer savoury tastes over sweet tastes.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think there is probably a market for you in buying other people's "accidentally" oxidized nic.

Maybe it's a bit like burnt RTA wick. Honestly I have a few flavors where it is very hard for me to rewick, not because I cannot do it, but because I actually think it's a GREAT taste Crème brulee can get really "burnt" if you know what I am saying. Tastes authentic.

Anna

Toots

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
USA
Now I wonder what's a 10 years old e-liquid taste like. Maybe a brave soul will make a video for this experience just like the guy who drunk an antique pepsi crystal couple of years ago.
My ten year old eliquid did not taste very good. Mostly because 10 years ago the liquids were generally not very good compared to the current abundance of variety and quality of flavors available today.
Also, they were not stored in ideal conditions for the high nic content. I tasted them to see if they still held any appeal and trashed them. But the flavor really was not very different. And I am still alive to report.

dreamvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    But the flavor really was not very different
    I saw a similar experiment, guys were testing 4 or 5 different ~10 y.o. liquids, only 1 of them was not vapable, other 4 were still pretty OK. They were all single flav. ones, 50pg/50vg juices.

RoseB

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 3, 2012
    Washington
    Now I wonder what's a 10 years old e-liquid taste like. Maybe a brave soul will make a video for this experience just like the guy who drunk an antique pepsi crystal couple of years ago.
    I'd vape a 10 year old e liquid . I think 4-5 year old e liquid, is the oldest I've vaped.

RoseB

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 3, 2012
    Washington
    My ten year old eliquid did not taste very good. Mostly because 10 years ago the liquids were generally not very good compared to the current abundance of variety and quality of flavors available today.
    Also, they were not stored in ideal conditions for the high nic content. I tasted them to see if they still held any appeal and trashed them. But the flavor really was not very different. And I am still alive to report.
    You brave soul :lol:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread