zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
What Ohio attempted in February:

Current: 15mL = $10 + $0.73 sales tax = $10.73 total
New: 15 mL = $10 + $16.88 cigarette tax = $26.88 + $1.95 sales tax = $28.83 total

Or a 269% increase in cost.

Plus a $1000 licensing fee for all vendors.

I wish it was Only Ohio was that was Perusing this.

And I wonder how Ohio Legislators can Justify a e-liquid Tax Basis that is 2 or 3 or maybe even 5x that of Tax Basis of a PAD Smoker?

How Organized is the Opposition in Ohio to New Tax Legislation on e-liquids that contain Nicotine?

NoFumus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2015
St. Paul, Minnesota

And I wonder how Ohio Legislators can Justify a e-Liquid Tax Basis that is 2 or 3 or maybe even 5x that of Tax Basis of a PAD Smoker?

How Organized is the Opposition in Ohio to New Tax Legislation on e-liquids that contain Nicotine?

I assume the same tax applies for no-nic.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US

And I wonder how Ohio Legislators can Justify a e-Liquid Tax Basis that is 2 or 3 or maybe even 5x that of Tax Basis of a PAD Smoker?

It already went down. Likely will be brought up again but down for now. I emailed, spread the word to friends and the local shop and hopefully some of them emailed as well - they're all social media and I gave them the addresses - well through CASAA who was on top of it too. I grew up with my state rep.... a Dem who supported the bill but they were outvoted by the Republicans even though Gov. Kasich (R) also supported it :facepalm: One of the reasons why he can say on the campaign trail 'he didn't raise taxes' is because it failed lol....

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
It already went down. Likely will be brought up again but down for now. I emailed, spread the word to friends and the local shop and hopefully some of them emailed as well - they're all social media and I gave them the addresses - well through CASAA who was on top of it too. I grew up with my state rep.... a Dem who supported the bill but they were outvoted by the Republicans even though Gov. Kasich (R) also supported it :facepalm: One of the reasons why he can say on the campaign trail 'he didn't raise taxes' is because it failed lol....

My Magic 8-Ball thinks it will come back Also.

But this time the Tax on Use will be More Aligned with a PAD Smoker. And when that Happens there will be More "R" Support for it.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

We'll have another fight on our hands here, in CA, come January... :facepalm:

They just won't give up. How many times have we defeated CA legislature? Doesn't matter. They keep coming back. Like the hydra--you cut one head off, two grow in its place.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

They just won't give up. How many times have we defeated CA legislature? Doesn't matter. They keep coming back. Like the hydra--you cut one head off, two grow in its place.

Oh yeah... Some things you can Set your Clock to.

Maybe this time they can Actually define what is to Be Taxed? And at What Rate?

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I assume the same tax applies for no-nic.

I'm not certain. It was the whole budget bill 4200+ pages and the 'current version' of course doesn't have the part for ecigs that was stripped out, thankfully. I tried getting earlier versions as it went through the legislature and senate but no sign of 'nicotine' or 'eliquid'. I'm assuming it would be any eliquid - nic or no nic, but that's just a guess.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
If there's anything left to be taxed, that is...

This is Kinda the Wrench in the Works for States.

They would like to have had e-liquids that contain Nicotine Deemed "Tobacco Products" by now. And know what the e-Cigarette Market will look like as they Craft their State Legislations(s).

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
Sales tax and state excise tax and federal excise tax on cigarettes.

Just sales tax on vaping stuff.

Quit smoking and still paying sales tax on vaping stuff or no taxes at all.

Person who does neither pays NO taxes. Seems to me they are the "cheaters" and not contributing to the state's revenues at all. :(

We ought to ask them why in the he-- aren't they smoking! Ha! :)

philoshop

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2014
geneva, ny, usa

It's like a bad case of shingles.

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
Few years ago went to the doc for a few strange blisters on my arm. Weren't bad. Just itched and over the counter meds took care of that. Well, doc took one look and said "shingles" and nothing she could do about it. Should come back in in 6 mos. for the vacination for shingles that works half the time.....sorta like some flu shots.

In a couple weeks blisters went away. Following month got them again on my torso! Just a few. Just itched. Again went away in a couple of weeks. For sure done, right? Two months later same scenario but on my right leg this time. THAT was the last time. Shingles can come back again and again, I guess.....But they don't have to be a "bad" case.....just annoying.....like the ANTZ. :)

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
Oh dear....................what a mushroom.....................kept in the dark and fed on BS:facepalm:
The situation is much worse than that. As a member of Congress, he is one of the arch-criminals who funnel millions of dollars into the pockets of corrupt charlatans to deliberately commit scientific fraud, because they tell him what he WANTS to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread