Analog Smoker Ready to Take the Plunge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelique510

ECF Veteran
Verified Member

Camel Crush

ECF Veteran
1st was Ecighawaii I found on Amazon-total disaster. 2nd and 3rd-Green Smoke and Bloog-good vapor, but no throat hit and short battery life. BTW, I live in Louisville

Agh. I've heard nothing but bad things about the Amazon cigs... haha.

You not liking Green Smoke surprises me, especially considering it's ridiculous price tag. I'm not familiar at all with Bloog.

I just took the plunge last night and bought the 901, but didn't order any of the extra stuff I mentioned earlier, just the starter kit, an extra atomizer, and the sample pack of juice from Vapor Country. Leaford just insists in several videos that the 901 is the absolute best choice for a new vaper, and will let you know what you like and dislike about it to further upgrade from there. It's cheap, so it'll be a good intro to vaping for me.

I thank you for your suggestions, and, knowing me, I'll probably end up with the 510 and the 808D eventually. LOL. :)

Louisville, huh? Neat. Cards fan? or Cats fan? :D

Oh. That might be my fault. Sorry.

Amazing, isn't it? It is more of an obsession than an addiction.

Come to the vape side - we have tons of cool stuff.:D

~A

Oh, so it sounds like you bought them all, huh? :p

The 902 sounds intriguing. I'll keep all these recommendations in mind if
or when I'm ready to move on from the 901, but what do I really have to compare it to besides an analog? Anything will be better than coughing my head off and stinking all the time. :thumb:

alexprobb

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Louisville, KY
Agh. I've heard nothing but bad things about the Amazon cigs... haha.

You not liking Green Smoke surprises me, especially considering it's ridiculous price tag. I'm not familiar at all with Bloog.

I just took the plunge last night and bought the 901, but didn't order any of the extra stuff I mentioned earlier, just the starter kit, an extra atomizer, and the sample pack of juice from Vapor Country. Leaford just insists in several videos that the 901 is the absolute best choice for a new vaper, and will let you know what you like and dislike about it to further upgrade from there. It's cheap, so it'll be a good intro to vaping for me.

I thank you for your suggestions, and, knowing me, I'll probably end up with the 510 and the 808D eventually. LOL. :)

Louisville, huh? Neat. Cards fan? or Cats fan? :D

Oh, so it sounds like you bought them all, huh? :p

The 902 sounds intriguing. I'll keep all these recommendations in mind if
or when I'm ready to move on from the 901, but what do I really have to compare it to besides an analog? Anything will be better than coughing my head off and stinking all the time. :thumb:
I sure hope 901 will work for you, but if not-join the majority and don't give up! Over all, what price tag would you put on your health?
This forum is all you need for moments of doubts and so many people are eager to help...it's overwhelming!

Camel Crush

ECF Veteran
I sure hope 901 will work for you, but if not-join the majority and don't give up! Over all, what price tag would you put on your health?
This forum is all you need for moments of doubts and so many people are eager to help...it's overwhelming!

Very true words. I am very dedicated to switching to vaping, so if the 901 doesn't work, I'll probably go for a 510 or 808D.

Nevertheless, I should hopefully have my 901 by Friday. I'll keep you updated on how it goes! :thumb:

Camel Crush

ECF Veteran
Well, it seems that Rob of Vapor Country is on vacation until Friday. This is a bummer because I was really looking forward to getting my 901 before the end of the week.

Because of all the anticipation I have built up, I'm now thinking of also ordering either a 510 of 9098d from another company so I can begin vaping sooner. I have two packs of analogs left and I hope its the last two I ever have to buy.

Anyone have any recommendations of suppliers that sell either of these that could have it to Kentucky by Friday (if ordered today)? Am also interested in ordering some sample juice from someone besides Vapor Country to try to find my favorite. I've heard nHale has good juice.

alexprobb

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Louisville, KY
Nhale has good juice, speed (3 days max) and customer service. Drew also responds to emails within an hr or 2. I don't think he has blank 510 at the moment, but I order prefilled (just about as expensive) and use mods after I vape 'em dry.
V4L juices are also very good with equally fast shipping and customer service.
I'd suggest to get potent carts/juices to start (at least 24 mg) to smoother your transition.

Last edited:

Camel Crush

ECF Veteran
Nhale has good juice, speed (3 days max) and customer service. Drew also responds to emails within an hr or 2. I don't think he has blank 510 at the moment, but I order prefilled (just about as expensive) and use mods after I vape 'em dry.
I'd suggest to get potent carts/juices to start (at least 24 mg) to smoother your transition.

Thanks for yet another reply to my noob-ish self. :D

Yes, I was gonna go with 24mg so I wouldn't get terrible cravings. :)

I think I'll try the 510 to see what all the rage is about. Perhaps I can give a nice little 901 versus 510 review after trying both. :thumb:

Camel Crush

ECF Veteran

Oh, and you are referring to the aquarium filter foam mod, right? Conveniently, I'm traveling to Knoxville tomorrow on a Christmas shopping trip with the old lady (joy... 8-o), so I'll try to go ahead and get some of that for future use.

Wellner

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
I just had to purchase one. After God knows how much research, I bought a DSE801. My reason being was the cart size and battery size. I absolutely love it. The only time I've had analogs is when drinking was involved and the associated tendency to lose things after drinking. I was able to convert a fellow coworker to the DSE801 and he loves it just as well. Got a 901 on the way to try it out.

I don't know if it's been said, but people tend to change their opinions about what they care about the most when vaping. Especially if you haven't tried it yet. Flavor wise for me...I was surprised by what flavors I liked. At first I used Marlboro, my analog of choice. It tasted like an unlit Marlboro, and loved it. But once I started getting my sense of smell back, I started to get repulsed by it. Now the closed thing to tobacco flavors I got for is the RY4. So a sampler is definitely the way to go.

Welcome to the world of vaping. There's a lot to learn, and maybe you'll look into modding shortly after, which gives you a better idea how to achieve the things you like best about vaping, even without modding one.

alexprobb

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Louisville, KY
Oh, and you are referring to the aquarium filter foam mod, right? Conveniently, I'm traveling to Knoxville tomorrow on a Christmas shopping trip with the old lady (joy... 8-o), so I'll try to go ahead and get some of that for future use.
I prefer that blue aqua filter foam(be aware though, it may need some practice to do it right so don't count just on this).
Happy shopping!

Chica

Sep 10, 2009
Kentucky
Nice to see someone else from the Bluegrass State. :).

Always great to see another person from the bluegrass! Welcome!

These guys(and gals) are wonderful and give great advice! My husband and I are currently using the Joye 510 and love it! We aren't completely off analogs, but they are fewer and further between. I think for us right now it's about finding the right flavor(s) so I am looking for some good sample packs:)

I am sure you will love the 901(heard great reviews). HAPPY VAPING!

alexprobb

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Louisville, KY

These guys(and gals) are wonderful and give great advice! My husband and I are currently using the Joye 510 and love it! We aren't completely off analogs, but they are fewer and further between. I think for us right now it's about finding the right flavor(s) so I am looking for some good sample packs:)

Where do you guys live? We should arrange for bluegrass vapers gathering one day:) All states are invited!

Last edited:

Camel Crush

ECF Veteran
Camel Crush,

Best of luck with both the 901 and 510. Let us know how it works out for you and which you prefer.

I didn't care for Camel or menthol so my advice would be of less use to you. I'll let the others chime in instead.

-Gooney0

Thank you, Gooney. I will definitely compare the two once I get both of them in hand.

Camel Crush

ECF Veteran
I just had to purchase one. After God knows how much research, I bought a DSE801. My reason being was the cart size and battery size. I absolutely love it. The only time I've had analogs is when drinking was involved and the associated tendency to lose things after drinking. I was able to convert a fellow coworker to the DSE801 and he loves it just as well. Got a 901 on the way to try it out.

I don't know if it's been said, but people tend to change their opinions about what they care about the most when vaping. Especially if you haven't tried it yet. Flavor wise for me...I was surprised by what flavors I liked. At first I used Marlboro, my analog of choice. It tasted like an unlit Marlboro, and loved it. But once I started getting my sense of smell back, I started to get repulsed by it. Now the closed thing to tobacco flavors I got for is the RY4. So a sampler is definitely the way to go.

Welcome to the world of vaping. There's a lot to learn, and maybe you'll look into modding shortly after, which gives you a better idea how to achieve the things you like best about vaping, even without modding one.

Haha. Perhaps you should try one of the Leaford Lanyards to keep track of your PV whilst consuming "Satan's Juice?"

I'm starting off with Camel/Menthol flavors, but, like you, it'll probably be quite surprising what I end up liking after I slowly begin to forget the taste of burning tobacco.

I considered the 801, as well, due to the cart/batt size. And, knowing me, I might just end up with it. After I start my new job where I won't be at a desk 8 hours a day (aka no electrical outlets), I'll probably be looking to get something that will last me a bit longer.

Camel Crush

ECF Veteran
I prefer that blue aqua filter foam(be aware though, it may need some practice to do it right so don't count just on this).
Happy shopping!

I watched a vid about it a few days ago. From the way it looked, one pack of foam should last a LONG time. Shouldn't be a problem. Kinda surprises me that the foam holds more liquid than fluval, but, nevertheless. So many people saying the same thing can't POSSIBLY be wrong.

Well, as you can see above, I have ordered both the 901 AND 510 from two different suppliers, so I figure I've got a pretty good shot of liking at lest one of them quite well. haha.

Still stuck on the analogs, huh? I *hope* vaping satisfies me enough to completely lay them down. To be honest, I've never really been much of a fan of CIGARETTES. I think I just like motions involved with SMOKING. It's something to do, it keeps me occupied (I get bored easily), etc. Plus, blowing clouds of smoke is always amusing.

I'll have the sample pack from Vapor Country in a few weeks (which is an awesome deal, btw). I'll keep you informed on how that goes. Most ppl seem to like it pretty well, and it has a nice variety of flavors.

Where do you guys live? We should arrange for bluegrass vapers gathering one day All states are invited!

I live in London, KY, but I'm originally from Clay County. Yes, the home of our future governor, Richie Farmer.

A gathering, huh? Reminds me of one of my other "hobbies," *cough* addictions *cough*, Where's George. Yes, I deface money for fun sometimes. LOL.

We'd look like quite a crew, sitting around puffing on fake cigarettes.

I expect to be made fun of a lot after I switch to vaping, but oh well. "Keep your cancer sticks," I'll say.

dee5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
Northwest Arkansas
Just had to throw in my opinion and let you know I think the 901 is a great choice! It was the second type I tried and since I don't want to spend a ton of money on this new hobby of mine and since I love it, I'm sticking with it. I don't feel the need to buy any other kind. Parts are reasonably priced and easy to find and for variety I just buy different colors. But really, it's a great little e-cig and totally satisfies me. Let us know which one of the two you ordered you end up liking the best though, ok?

Camel Crush

ECF Veteran
Just had to throw in my opinion and let you know I think the 901 is a great choice! It was the second type I tried and since I don't want to spend a ton of money on this new hobby of mine and since I love it, I'm sticking with it. I don't feel the need to buy any other kind. Parts are reasonably priced and easy to find and for variety I just buy different colors. But really, it's a great little e-cig and totally satisfies me. Let us know which one of the two you ordered you end up liking the best though, ok?

Thanks for the response, dee. :)

I certainly will let you know if I have a preference for one over the other. The 510 will get here first, so I might just have love at first puff. :oops:

It's sort of neat that I found out you can use 901 carts on the 510, and (I would assume) vice-versa. That's kinda nice. I'm gonna like those flat-tipped 901 carts, methinks.

willowize

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
Tennessee
I'm also new to the ecig world. I just got my 901 from vaporkings and used it for the first time last night and all day today. I'm in love! I want to go totally away from nicotene. So I'm ordering sampler from myfreedomsmokes. I ordered my 901 late Friday night and it arrived to me on Monday. I'd say that's very fast shipping. I ordered the ejuice later that night and it should arrive tomorrow. I had quit the nasty analogs for 8 months this year then ..... duh....stress.....started again in Aug and back to a pack a day. I liked being able to breath, smell and taste. So far today has been great only 2 analogs. The vapor is so much better that I'm sure I'll be totally off the analogs in a day or two then off nicotene totally in a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread