Another dented 18650 battery. It came this way from vendor. See Pics*

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike910mx

Apr 7, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I've had some bad luck with dented 18650 batteries lately. The dented Sony VTC5's were my fault, but this LG HG2 came this way from the vendor. I bought these batteries because I needed replacements for my dented Sony's for my RX200. I've essentially traded one dented battery for another smh. It was one of the 4 or 5 trusted vendors. Should I be naming them? I'm not sure if that's customary or not to come out and sandbag the company. Although I did recently sandbag Wotofo on this forum for rusting kanthal clapton coils.

I bought 4 LG HG2's and one came this way. I've emailed the company with these
pictures and waiting to hear back. From everything everyone helped me with on my 2 dented Sony VTC5's, I've learned that I shouldn't risk using this battery, but it probably would be OK. Take a look. Am I going too far now being concerned with these dents? Thanks.

P.S. I intentionally tried to shadow the dents so that they can be seen in a different way.

-Mike
IMG_0697.JPG

IMG_0701.JPG

IMG_0702.JPG

IMG_0704.JPG

IMG_0697-2.JPG

Reactions: defdock

mike910mx

Apr 7, 2016
I would slow down mike, if they are a trusted vendor im sure they will take care of it...........yes, I wouldn't use them either

They just refunded me the price of the battery. I still need the battery so I'll have to repurchase it and pay the shipping again. I didn't get a choice they just did it. Not a huge deal, but I guess that's how Orbtronic takes care of it. I'll repurchase it elsewhere. Thanks for looking at the pictures and weighing in on what you thought of them.

mike910mx

Apr 7, 2016
You can never be too concerned about rechargeable li-ion safety (unless you become paranoid and won't use them at all;)). I wouldn't use them, personally. Better safe than sorry. Wait to hear back from the vendor, and see if you can send them back. :thumb:

Yeah above all else before posting I considered that my thread with pictures, along with any replies to it might help someone who has small dents in his/her battery and is wondering what the forum thinks of them as far as safety goes. Thank you as well for looking at the pics and weighing in.

Reactions: TVC70

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
They just refunded me the price of the battery. I still need the battery so I'll have to repurchase it and pay the shipping again. I didn't get a choice they just did it.

Vapers get nickled-and-dimed this way.

I don't even want to add it up, for my 3+ years of vaping.

Reactions: mike910mx

mike910mx

Apr 7, 2016
Mike,
Is there anything about your order from Orbtronic that you might forget to post?

The communication is still ongoing, and so is this thread. Until I can get something like for example, an automated "shipping confirmation" email, or a tracking number for a possible replacement for the dented one, all I know for sure that's happened up until this minute is that I've been refunded for the dented battery only. I'd only share start point and end point communication with the vendor anyways. I wouldn't start posting email to email correspondence. I don't think anyone cares about that.

If the vendor ends up making good on it all, and a new LG HG2 battery lands in my lap and shipped free as a replacement for the damaged one, I will be sure to let you and everyone here in this thread know.

Screen Shot 2016-04-14 at 4.14.39 AM.png

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
Illumination supply did the same to me unfortunately, about a year ago. Ordered 6 VTC4s and some cases and battery wraps, got 5 batteries and everything else. Automatic refund when I asked if I could get it re-shipped or refunded. I didn't consider it a big deal because I still had 4 batteries I could marry and rotate for my mod, but I can see how it would be a PIA if grabbed just enough batteries.

I don't know if they're doing the same thing now but I guess you might want to avoid them there unfortunately. I would still buy from them, but I was still satisfied with my experience since I had enough batteries. Hope you can get some new batteries soon.

mike910mx

Apr 7, 2016
Illumination supply did the same to me unfortunately, about a year ago. Ordered 6 VTC4s and some cases and battery wraps, got 5 batteries and everything else. Automatic refund when I asked if I could get it re-shipped or refunded. I didn't consider it a big deal because I still had 4 batteries I could marry and rotate for my mod, but I can see how it would be a PIA if grabbed just enough batteries.

I don't know if they're doing the same thing now but I guess you might want to avoid them there unfortunately. I would still buy from them, but I was still satisfied with my experience since I had enough batteries. Hope you can get some new batteries soon.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Last edited:

mike910mx

Apr 7, 2016
Received a new LG HG2 from Orbtronic yesterday as a replacement for the dented one. I was supposedly refunded for it too, so in the end it was free and not a replacement. Done with them though. I would not buy again from them because of all the attitude I got from them in emails. Between telling me over and over that they're the best in the field, and trying to scare me into stocking up on Li-ion cells because there's going to be a shortage soon, to blaming me saying that I "wasn't clear in my directions" that I wanted a replacement versus a refund when our discussion never even got to that point before they decided to just refund me, to telling me they thought they were pretty clear when I asked for clarification on whether or not I was getting a replacement, and if it was free or an exchange essentially, to this @Altostratus bozo coming on the forum obviously from Orbtronic harassing me about it on this thread, and now he's suspended for multiple ID's. They created an ID, and sent 1 message and it was on my thread here. That's my experience with Sal and Orbtronic. Never heard of a company doing this. It was all rather bizarre for a company to act the way they did if you ask me. Take it with a grain of salt, but they won't be getting my money again.

Reactions: OhTheAgony

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Received a new LG HG2 from Orbtronic yesterday as a replacement for the dented one. I was supposedly refunded for it too, so in the end it was free and not a replacement. Done with them though. I would not buy again from them because of all the attitude I got from them in emails. Between telling me over and over that they're the best in the field, and trying to scare me into stocking up on Li-ion cells because there's going to be a shortage soon, to blaming me saying that I "wasn't clear in my directions" that I wanted a replacement versus a refund when our discussion never even got to that point before they decided to just refund me, to telling me they thought they were pretty clear when I asked for clarification on whether or not I was getting a replacement, and if it was free or an exchange essentially, to this @Altostratus bozo coming on the forum obviously from Orbtronic harassing me about it on this thread, and now he's suspended for multiple ID's. They created an ID, and sent 1 message and it was on my thread here. That's my experience with Sal and Orbtronic. Never heard of a company doing this. It was all rather bizarre for a company to act the way they did if you ask me. Take it with a grain of salt, but they won't be getting my money again.
Yeah, that doesn't sound good at all. I wouldn't use that supplier again.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

mike910mx

Apr 7, 2016
Bleeping shills, I already suspected something was off with that post before I got to the bottom of this page.

Thanks for the heads up & glad you got it sorted out after all. You've had a lot of bad luck lately!

One more company to put on the blacklist, idiots...

Yeah, that doesn't sound good at all. I wouldn't use that supplier again.

Such a s shame, they had a truly shiny rep here up until now.

Yeah it was really weird. I can't say for 100% certain that the Altostratus comment was them, but who else could it have been you know. I'm sure plenty of people have had great experiences with them and I don't doubt it at all that they can be a great vendor to buy from. Even with me, at the end of the day they did give me a free replacement. It was just the discussions that took place to get it to that point. Seemed like a real mickey mouse operation. Take it with a grain of salt. I'm not a jerk in my emails at all to anyone. I'm sure someone will come in and give me a rebuttal on dealing with them and that's fine. They're a trusted vendor as far as authentic batteries go, and that's cool and all. But when they send you a document unprovoked and not asked for, that talks about regulations and things going into place stating that there will be a battery shortage soon because of transportation guidelines changing for Li-ion batteries from Asia to U.S., and that I should "stock up now", just thought that was a little off. Be your own judge obviously. I'm not trying to sway anyone one way or the other. Just stating how I essentially bought from them twice this time, the first and last time. That Altostratus comment really ticked me off though, hence the Big Brother is Watching You Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread