Any extremely unpleasant side affects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_Struct

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Lufkin, TX
I'm suffering from mild to severe modding. once a week or more. Each mod makes me want to mod 2 more, then those 2 make me want to do 4 and so on and so forth. It's not hurting me, but my soldering iron is aging quickly

I can also attest to this horrible affliction!

We should start a telethon!

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
Hey Kate. Yeah, I was hoping one of them might of chime in. I wonder if any of them had any x-rays done as well. No news is good news, right? :)
Well, I'll chime in then (thought it wasn't very much wanted as I said this on other posts too; but I guess the threads are getting just too much to follow all of them nowadays ;) )

I did get an xray before starting e-smoking. Nothing alarming at that point as to the x-ray (but lungfunction was down to 65% and was having repeated acute bronchitis, a few pneumonia's in that last year of smoking too; was on the verge of being classified real COPD also). I started e-smoking, and very soon illnesses stayed away, and lungfunction went up and up (I know battered lungs aren't 'supposed' to recover... guess mine were badly but not hopelessly damaged yet...). A year later I was dismissed from doctor's visits, with lungfunction of then 95% and still slowly climbing; without any disease anymore - and seeing the state I was then in, no need for x-rays or anything, so sorry, those were not taken later on.

Oh and I'm (have always been) quite allergic to lots of stuff - I started e-smoking end of januari, and the rest of that year all those allergies got a lot worse... one of the worst years I have had, even with lots of anti-histamine being used. But it's a known symptom of stopping long-term smoking - allergies can get significantly worse for the first half year or so. At the end of last year these allergies calmed down again; and I hope andexpect to have at most just the normal trouble with those this coming year (first of my usual hayfever-season should be around about now for me... but nothing yet, so looks good :) )

Hope that answers your question as to at least one 'long-term-smoker' Ikenmoke :)

KoS

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2009
VT, USA
I just started today and yes I get a few coughs now and then. I think it's the body getting used to the vape or something(learning curve). I have vaped about 3 analogs worth so far. My concern is I got a buzz from the start. I am a pack or so a day smoker and RYO at that. Think I heard RYO is stronger. Made the rookie mistake of not knowing the strength of the cart but I have two highs left and one low so I think it's a med. Also a cpl drops of 24mg Riskee. Man I hope I'm not allergic cuz I got a decent supply of PG e-juice. My hope is the buzz is a good sign that I will be one of those people that vaping replaces smoking fairly easy. The instant buzz scares me a lil though. Don't feel I have vaped that much and can chain smoke analogs if I am not careful.

I did pick up a bottle of VG so my next question is if I am slightly allergic will cutting help? Know it's probably on a personal bases but info is helpful.

ritalee76

ECF Veteran
Side effects (for me):

Wondering who is posting what on the forum while I'm unable to check.
Intense fear of being without electricity (please, no more hurricanes!)
Need to be somewhere near a charger and/or passthrough at all times
Unexplainable urge to purchase all flavors of liquid
Same goes for devices
Able to put down tobacco for the first time in 19 years :D

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I've been e-smoking going on 14 months now, and I think I'm significantly better from a health standpoint than when I smoked 30 cigarettes a day.

My last thorough physical was last year, although I have interim blood tests done. At that time, my chest x-ray was clean, my lung function was as good as it gets, my heart did great on a treadmill stress test, and my blood work showed only high cholesterol. A year on drugs brought the cholesterol and HDL/LDL ratio to perfection.

But a problem for us all is which new symptoms or problems might have been caused by e-smoking, and which would have occured no matter what? I still cough -- a productive cough -- as they say. A cough on inhalation is the body rejecting the air just inhaled. You'll cough when encountering severe pollution -- "find clean air", your lungs are saying. So the cough bothers me still, and I'll ask about it with my next exam.

I'm also plagued with cramps. Toe cramps multiple times a day; leg cramps at night; finger cramps that can curl hands in pain. The cramps mostly came when I went off cigs and onto e-cigs. Is this caused by the propylene glycol breaking down into lactic acid -- too much for my body to handle, so it cramps in protest, as a muscle might following strenuous, lactic-acid producing exercise? Or is it just aging? I don't know. But my suspicions here point to e-smoking as the cause.

Overall, I think our beloved practice tilts far to the "good" side of things. But I'm keeping an eye open for the "bad" stuff. Someone wrote not long ago that one cigarette doesn't kill you, but years of smoking them certainly can. Is the same true of what we inhale?

lorie1482

Feb 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Thin Wallet, Indeed
12/29 - 03/01
901 Ult starter kit 83.50
4x 30ml juice 91.40
Usb passthrough 24.95
Apc powerpack 25.00
2x Janty dura kit 164.85
3x atomizers 25.96
4x Glycerin 11.84
The price of being analog free....Priceless

Edit: Not to mention paying to ship back defective parts!

I like that!!!! Being smoke free is priceless!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread