Status
Not open for further replies.

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
give me a break topso. The person who got cancer from one cig a day would have gotten cancer no matter what. and second hand smoke is the biggest joke there is. Remember naivety can work both ways. You can believe harm claims as well as believe health claims all the same. Sometimes you have to use ur common sense.

Sometimes you have to use ur common sense.

Well said Paladinx and this is exactly what it comes down to, common sense.. Unfortunately it seems that so few people have any common sense these days and rather the majority believe anything they read, no matter what a load of bs it is.

happily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
anchorage, ak
agreed

If second hand smoke is so dangerous and nicotine is so addictive, why is no one addicted to secondhand smoke. Do you know any non smokers who get stressed and go sit in the back of an AA meeting and breathe deeply.

Also it is generally accepted that the mind has the power to heal, so conversely the mind has the power to make sick. If you think your going to get cancer, guess what you can.

agreed

If second hand smoke is so dangerous and nicotine is so addictive, why is no one addicted to secondhand smoke. Do you know any non smokers who get stressed and go sit in the back of an AA meeting and breathe deeply.

Also it is generally accepted that the mind has the power to heal, so conversely the mind has the power to make sick. If you think your going to get cancer, guess what you can.

Second hand smoke is definitely dangerous, otherwise people wouldnt be dying from it, so lets not take anything away from that. Although I do agree it may not be so cut and dry, as they make it seem.

Nicotine is definitely very addictive as well, although can be easily overcome. After that, it is all mental.

I totally, 100% agree with you that it comes down to the power of the mind. Mind over matter as they say.

Tallgirl1974

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2009
Loganville, Ga
give me a break topso. The person who got cancer from one cig a day would have gotten cancer no matter what. and second hand smoke is the biggest joke there is. Remember naivety can work both ways. You can believe harm claims as well as believe health claims all the same. Sometimes you have to use ur common sense.

Says the person who posted a link to make a point from some healthjoke sales site...
You still annoy me. :D
You do nothing but bash the ecig. Every time I see you post its negativity about some other thing about it. Dont like it? Dont do it. Its really that simple. Keep smoking, have fun trying to breath in your old age.
People have sent you links and info out the yanghole about ecigs- give it up, man. You dont use an ecig, you said that yourself two weeks ago... why the F are you here all the time?

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
Tallgirl please let go of my balls thank you. Secondly we were talking about cigarettes, not e-cigarettes. Do you even bother to read the posts? and why are you constantly replying to my posts if you do not like them. It is much more simple to ignore me but you keep on putting your 2 cents in cult woman. . Cause I am not following your exact thought process ur getting ur #### twisted. If you are happy with ur e-cigarette put it in ur mouth and suck on it, enjoy urself, and ignore the health thread all together.

Last edited:

Tallgirl1974

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2009
Loganville, Ga
Tallgirl please let go of my balls thank you. Secondly we were talking about cigarettes, not e-cigarettes. Do you even bother to read the posts? and why are you constantly replying to my posts if you do not like them. It is much more simple to ignore me but you keep on putting your garbage cult talk 2 cents in. Cause I am not following your exact thought process ur getting ur #### twisted. If you are happy with ur e-cigarete put it in ur mouth and suck on it and enjoy urself and go along ur merry way.

I dont like u either. its mutual.

LOL you're very fun to mock though. You could never follow my clear thought process, if you could you would never ever assume Id go anywhere near your balls.
Garbage cult talk...haha, you smoking crack.
I respond so people know you're here for only one reason. To bash the ecig. You have done so for weeks.

Darkest

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2009
Nashville TN
C'mon guys, deep breaths. Paladinx used to irritate the heck out of me at first but then I realized that he is attempting to take a objective view and that isn't a bad thing. We may need a Devils Advocate. :p

So this thread got me thinking about the day I became addicted and I will never forget it. It was one of the most horribly sick and miserable moments/evenings in my life. I was young maybe 12 and I had somehow gotten myself a carton of unfiltered cigarettes and chain smoked them one evening, mostly to impress this older girl.

I remember lying spread eagle in the floor feeling like I was spinning faster and faster and it just wouldn't stop and I can't begin to describe what a horrible feeling it was. I remember staggering to the bathroom and barfing my guts out. I cannot even begin to describe how bad it was. I'm 41 now and it left enough of an impression that it will never go away. This thread with the list of nicotine OD symptoms made me think of that again, ech.

Did anyone else experience something this bad when they started smoking or did most people start gradually?

Tallgirl1974

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2009
Loganville, Ga
C'mon guys, deep breaths. Paladinx used to irritate the heck out of me at first but then I realized that he is attempting to take a objective view and that isn't a bad thing. We may need a Devils Advocate. :p

So this thread got me thinking about the day I became addicted and I will never forget it. It was one of the most horribly sick and miserable moments/evenings in my life. I was young maybe 12 and I had somehow gotten myself a carton of unfiltered cigarettes and chain smoked them one evening, mostly to impress this older girl.

I remember lying spread eagle in the floor feeling like I was spinning faster and faster and it just wouldn't stop and I can't begin to describe what a horrible feeling it was. I remember staggering to the bathroom and barfing my guts out. I cannot even begin to describe how bad it was. I'm 41 now and it left enough of an impression that it will never go away. This thread with the list of nicotine OD symptoms made me think of that again, ech.

Did anyone else experience something this bad when they started smoking or did most people start gradually?

As long as I don't get hand slapped for calling out the devils advocate, I'm fine with that. If you notice his posts: disagreements and insults to others follow him everywhere he goes. He starts off nice then makes a nasty comment down the line. If someone doesn't agree with him, or dares try to send him solid concrete evidence about his fear monger comments, he starts getting ugly. Every. Time. I am all for being subjective and questioning things...but he harps on the same things over and over and doesnt even use a PV.

I stole a cig from my dads stash when I was 13- it started then and just kept going- but I didnt get sick because I didnt have to chain smoke to impress boys. lol

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
I never really got nicotine OD symptoms, the only time I think was when i was young and smoked a big cigar, i felt dizzy and kind of nauseous.

About what Tallgirl is saying. I honestly do not have any idea what her problem is, but she constantly follows my posts and makes these totally bull**** remarks. I have bashed people and the e-cig ROFL. what a joke. Anyone who has read my posts knows this is not true. Tallgirl are you just bored? like what the hell is ur problem? I have done nothing but talked objectively about the subjects at hand and gave my opinion. If you do not agree with me you do not agree. But stop making up nonsense. Only times I ever said anything to anyone was to defend myself from ur constant stupid remarks. People like you are what makes forums kind of suck. The cult mentality.

Its funny how u wont ever be helpful and respond to me in other threads where I am asking specific questions about E-cig devices and juices. God forbid you are useful. U just rather lurk around the saftey thread talking **** about anyone who raises any type of concerns or questions.

Be gone woman please.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Totally agree. This is certainly one of the most important sections of this forum, ruined over and over by repetition and name-calling and irrelevant comments. What a shame.

Conflict of interest disclosure: Paladinx PMs me. Frequently. I don't mind. That's the place for any extended disagreement or exchange of information not needed by the larger community. Page after page of this mess could have been avoided with private messages.

Worse, the meaningless name-calling forces this thread to the top of an important subsection, so the larger community has an even bigger loss.

Emilia

May 27, 2009
San José, Costa Rica
I don't really know if this falls into nic OD, but sometimes when I used to smoke, I'd go out have a couple of beer but smoked way more than I usually did I would wake up with a "cigarette hang-over" (that's what we call it here in Costa Rica).

I think one of the thing that makes vapers more susceptible to nic OD is all the yummy flavors available. I am new to vaping and already noticed that I could very well vape much more than what I used to smoke just because of the great taste.

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
  • Deleted by e-pipeman
  • Reason: rant/insults despite warning

Tallgirl1974

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2009
Loganville, Ga
That's the place for any extended disagreement or exchange of information not needed by the larger community. .

You can get banned for what is said in a PM!;)
My sincere apologies for mucking up the thread. I don't mind negative things being said about the ecig it just bothers me that so much in the forum is said as fact, or implied that way. And as someone else said- you dont see people worried about nic OD with gum or patches or smokes...or worried about their phone chargers catching on fire..or worried about what they were smoking that was an unknown and/or *proven dangerous in a cigarette but we all will freak out about these at every turn. Round and round we go with the same links and info....lol...This forum can feel like the movie "groundhog day" sometimes...:rolleyes:
I got you babe...{singing}

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
You're right TB....and a lot of members hate when otherwise good threads get disrupted by personal differences. And when a mod says "enough"...he means enough...not add just one more comment.

Infractions and bans are going to be issued for stuff like this. It does get a bit tiring :mad:

Sorry for the interruptions. Hope this thread can carry on.

Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread