Travel and Vaping Any problems checking ecigs or juice through luggage

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbiBilbo

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
Stuart, FL
I am going home for a month to take care of my mother. I plan to take several e-cig kits and quite a bit of juice to be given to some friends of mine back home. Plus, being gone for a month, I plan to take plenty of spare parts and juice for personal use.

Will I have any problems checking all this stuff through with my luggage ?? We're talking 6-8 assorted boxed kits and probably 20-30 15ml bottles of juice. And then spare batteries and atomizers as well.

I've been reading this forum and most threads/posts are related to security/boarding checks and in-flight vaping.

Please advise. Any thoughts, suggestions, advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks !!

Taryn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Florida
Loose lithium batteries may not be packed in your checked luggage but you may bring them in your carry on, but the connection terminals are to be covered. I'm not real sure if they would consider the ones made for e-cigs loose or if they are considered contained within the device and considered safe for checked luggage. The rest should be fine in your checked bag.

Source - http://safetravel.dot.gov/whats_new_batteries.html

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
Also check the sticky thread TSA and the E-cig FAQ;
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/travel-e-cig/35138-tsa-ecig-faq.html

The FAQ was written by a TSA Agent (13ways) You can get the information right from the horses mouth.

I will only add, to keep your juice secure in your checked bags. You don't want to get nothing but a large puddle of juice when you pick up your bags.

closetrockstar

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
West Falls Ny
I just flew to NC on American Airlines and bought several spare batts and attys.
I just rubberbanded them together with highlighters and pencils and put pen caps on them, Lol. I also bought several bottles of juice and just had them in with my bathroom stuff-in my carry-on. No problems.
Good luck!

I am going home for a month to take care of my mother. I plan to take several e-cig kits and quite a bit of juice to be given to some friends of mine back home. Plus, being gone for a month, I plan to take plenty of spare parts and juice for personal use.

Will I have any problems checking all this stuff through with my luggage ?? We're talking 6-8 assorted boxed kits and probably 20-30 15ml bottles of juice. And then spare batteries and atomizers as well.

I've been reading this forum and most threads/posts are related to security/boarding checks and in-flight vaping.

Please advise. Any thoughts, suggestions, advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks !!

13ways

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Orlando, FL
Well since I have been mentioned I will go ahead and say I am not the person to talk to when you want to know about baggage. I am only certified for passenger screening. Basically that means I do not know any of the baggage guidelines. I will say that I would think you would be ok if you pack them in your checked bags but keep in mind that if they take something out of your checked bags you don't have the option to take it out. It is gone at that point.

BobbiBilbo

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
Stuart, FL
Thanks for all the help, folks. I am packing, now. Looks like I will take all batteries in my carry-on and we'll see what I do with the attys. Depends on space, I guess. Liquids will be in my checked baggage (except for what I need for the journey). They are packed in plastic bags inside Tupperware containers.

Just a little scary taking so many parts along. But I gotta do what I gotta do. Going to be gone for a month and want to have personal spares plus I have so many friends to introduce to vaping.

BobbiBilbo

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
Stuart, FL
BobbiBilbo;

I don't recall you mentioning where you are going. Where ever it is, their is probably a supplier in that area if you need something before the month is up.

I never said ... Silly me. I traveled from Orlando to Indianapolis. And everything went through just fine.

Juice & tools (tweezers, syringes, scissors, etc.) traveled in checked luggage and arrived without problems.

My carry-on had so many kits and spares that it was ridiculous. I brought all these kits because I have so many friends up here that I plan to introduce to e-cigs. And I brought about a years supply of batteries & atomizers because ... well, I have no idea why I brought so much. Mostly because as soon as I didn't bring something, it would be the thing I needed most. Better safe than sorry - or some such logic.

Anyway, thanks for all the help & suggestions. I needn't have worried at all. My over-stuffed carry-on did not even get much of a paused look while going through the scanner.

Now, I just need to plan an intro to vaping party for all my old poker buddies.

moony

Nov 19, 2009
Travelled twice last month. There was no problem at all. Had them in my carry on. in my purse, my checked baggage.. in one airport they rescanned my handbag.. but obviously they saw it was not a bullet or a gun and let it through. As for the juice, I put it in a plastic bag along my bathroom stuff yes like a previous person said u don't want it to spell all over the place. :)
People think it is a pen or a pc gadget.
I don't see why it should be a problem of any sort after all even if you carry a real pack of cigarette on the plane a long as u don't have a light your good to go. As for batteries, heck, mobile phones, and many gadgets have batteries and you have the right to carry them.

Sandrita

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I have traveled quite regularly with all sorts of e cig paraphernalia in my checked in luggage with out any problems on either side. But it is worth noting I this has only been within the EU and customs don't seem to be as strict if you are an EU citizen flying within the EU unless it is tobacco or alcohol of course!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread