Any Tank Other Than Kabuki Have P3 Threading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
So I finally pulled the trigger on a new 60 watt Radius.
I understand there is a P3 to 510 adapter but was just wondering if
there is any other tank out there with a P3 connection?

I like the idea of a more solid connection but am not willing to go back to MTL style of vaping to utilize the more solid P3 connection. Is anyone making P3 bases for common tanks like the Crown, Atlantis, Cleito or others??? Thanks.

Cheers.

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
I wish the Kabuki had rebuild-able coils, I have not tried a rebuild on an Aspire Nautilus coil yet, saving that until I get desperate! LOL Love the Radius :)

Yeah, I know I'll love it too. If the darn Naughty coils weren't so darn small.

I wonder what Provape would think about a company using their P3 threading to make bases for the more common sub ohm tanks out there???

It sure would be nice if the Provape team had something like that in the works.

Cheers.

Reactions: ENAUD

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Yeah, I know I'll love it too. If the darn Naughty coils weren't so darn small.

I wonder what Provape would think about a company using their P3 threading to make bases for the more common sub ohm tanks out there???

It sure would be nice if the Provape team had something like that in the works.

Cheers.
IIRC, ProVape offered to give the specs to anyone willing to adopt the P3 threading to make atomizers that would use their proprietary threading, problem is, as I see it, is that there just wasn't any real demand for such a shift in the marketplace. For such a bold shift in the market to have worked, I believe it would have to come from someone who manufactured desirable product from both power delivery devices, AND atomizers. ProVape has never made an atomizer and brought it to market. If ProVape was ever going to successful in the propagation of the P3 threading into the market, they would have done well to design and produce and atomizer, threaded in P3 only, and it would have to have been one heck of a desirable atomizer at that to get even the non believers to want to adopt it. That didn't happen, and the P3 is just an oddity in the marketplace, which is dominated by the horrible 510 connection...

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
I have a Radius and a Provari 3 which are great, but I must admit that I chose different mods for my last purchases over the 60w Radius and Procyon - one of the reasons was the non adjusting P3 connection. Yes it works great for p3 threaded atties, but there are no makers willing to make a P3 base apart from byLeo and the drop in coil Kabuki.

I do use the 510 adapters but I am not a fan. I think it would be better if Provari did a clean 510 connector, or at least offered the option of 510 connector when buying one.

It's a shame that it didn't catch on, and believe me I sent numerous requests for some makers to do a base.

For me I suppose it is like buying the best and safest car on the market, but then finding that no one makes high performance tyres for it anymore.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Kayfun v4 does i believe. And a couple other rebuilds. Are you looking for disposable coils ?

I wish more people used the standard. I wish other mod makers adopted it over 510 crap . Several rebuildables are using it if you build

I'm really surprised though you kabuki people haven't used triton coils or prefer the Nautilis coils that don't use good cotton and take so much less power. The triton mini coils to me or better in every way. Taste. Vapor volume and density. I feel like a lot of people stuck on the Nautilis coil that wants a more advanced coil are really not giving them a fair enough chance you also have to turn the power up past the recommended setting on the coil for example the 1.8 at 20 W is fantastic the 1.2 at 24 W is fantastic both of those power settings are higher than aspire states should be used. But I use them like that regularly and even if the life is reduced by a couple of days I still get good long Jevity and the coils are night and day compared to their recommended power settings.

The kabuki tank with a 1.8 Clapton coil at 20 W on a PIII or novelists with a boost of three is an amazing Vape that competes with the ego CLR coils and surpassed the triton full-size 1.8 by a landslide

Akrotiri

Moved On
Oct 4, 2016
Kayfun v4 does i believe. And a couple other rebuilds. Are you looking for disposable coils ?

I wish more people used the standard. I wish other mod makers adopted it over 510 crap . Several rebuildables are using it if you build

I'm really surprised though you kabuki people haven't used triton coils or prefer the Nautilis coils that don't use good cotton and take so much less power. The triton mini coils to me or better in every way. Taste. Vapor volume and density. I feel like a lot of people stuck on the Nautilis coil that wants a more advanced coil are really not giving them a fair enough chance you also have to turn the power up past the recommended setting on the coil for example the 1.8 at 20 W is fantastic the 1.2 at 24 W is fantastic both of those power settings are higher than aspire states should be used. But I use them like that regularly and even if the life is reduced by a couple of days I still get good long Jevity and the coils are night and day compared to their recommended power settings.

The kabuki tank with a 1.8 Clapton coil at 20 W on a PIII or novelists with a boost of three is an amazing Vape that competes with the ego CLR coils and surpassed the triton full-size 1.8 by a landslide
Your right that the triton mini coils in the kabuki are better than the nautilus coils in every way for the reasons you stated above. However your definetly wrong about the recommended wattage , especially with the nautilus coils. Those can't handle anything over 9watts ;anything over that and they fry every time. And 20 watts plus boost 3 on the triton mini coils is way above the recommended wattage also.

My guess is your using heavily flavored juice that masks the scorched inferno taste. It's irresponsible and unsafe to recommend the wrong wattage to other vapers without mentioning the recommended wattage of the manufacturer.

Reactions: APF and ENAUD

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
The recommended voltage / wattage from the manufacturer (Aspire) for the triton & nautilus is;
Triton mini, 1.2Ω = 15w -20w / 1.8Ω = 13w - 16w.
Nautilus, 1.8Ω bvc = 4.2v - 5v = 9.8w - 13.8.

If your nautilus bvc heads cant take over 9w something is wrong with your set up or you're using knockoff/counterfeit heads or thick goopy or highly sweetened liquids.

I usually vape nautilus 1.8Ω heads at 12w, sometimes 14w with zero problems.
With the 1.2Ω triton heads I use 16w - 22.8w, the 1.8Ω 14w - 18.6w, again with zero problems of any kind.

There is nothing unsafe or irresponsible about it, the manufacturers recommended power ranges have nothing to do with saftey.
There is no way to cover up the taste of a burnt head with more flavoring.

Akrotiri

Moved On
Oct 4, 2016
The recommended voltage / wattage from the manufacturer (Aspire) for the triton & nautilus is;
Triton mini, 1.2Ω = 15w -20w / 1.8Ω = 13w - 16w.
Nautilus, 1.8Ω bvc = 4.2v - 5v = 9.8w - 13.8.

If your nautilus bvc heads cant take over 9w something is wrong with your set up or you're using knockoff/counterfeit heads or thick goopy or highly sweetened liquids.

I usually vape nautilus 1.8Ω heads at 12w, sometimes 14w with zero problems.
With the 1.2Ω triton heads I use 16w - 22.8w, the 1.8Ω 14w - 18.6w, again with zero problems of any kind.

There is nothing unsafe or irresponsible about it, the manufacturers recommended power ranges have nothing to do with saftey.
There is no way to cover up the taste of a burnt head with more flavoring.
I was talking about the 1.8 coils.
Nothing is wrong with my setup and all my coils were authenticated on aspire website and I use NET liquids that are unsweetened.
I use my radius and P3 for my kabuki and 9watts on a provari is much stronger than a cheap 30$ mod.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
NET = goopy gunky head killer liquids.

I use a radius & provari.
Aspire recommends 4.2v - 5v which is 9.8w - 13.8w for Nautilus 1.8Ω bvc heads, it is printed right on the body.
They (Aspire) recommend 13w - 16w for the Triton 1.8Ω head.

Using them below their recommended power ranges will lead to rapid coil gunk build up, reduced head life, funky tastes & a wet sputtery vape.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Your right that the triton mini coils in the kabuki are better than the nautilus coils in every way for the reasons you stated above. However your definetly wrong about the recommended wattage , especially with the nautilus coils. Those can't handle anything over 9watts ;anything over that and they fry every time. And 20 watts plus boost 3 on the triton mini coils is way above the recommended wattage also.

My guess is your using heavily flavored juice that masks the scorched inferno taste. It's irresponsible and unsafe to recommend the wrong wattage to other vapers without mentioning the recommended wattage of the manufacturer.
I disagree about 9w max. They are fine for me at 1213w and 1.8ohm coils have vaped just fine for me. 20w would kill them almost instantly though.

Last edited:

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK

Actually I tested with unflavored. Maybe I got a pack that can take more? I always test new coil types with unflavored.

I should have mentioned recommended wattage for the manufacturer.

I don't feel Boost comes into it at 3 really. Its so fast hat so Long as the coil Is wicked its not going to be an issue. Like when you build and saturate a coil you could blast it with power and nothing really happens. .75 seconds of added power on a properly saturated coil likely won't make or break. Not will 2 watts over the limit. Aspire massively underrated their coils.

Inhabe to defer on he nautilus coils. You guys made me curious and I ordered some. They're still not good. I got the 1.8 and I have to run a flavorless test to see what's he power settles but my gut says it won't matter. The flavor is so polluted at the minute any power is applied. It's just s poor coil to me.

The triton monk Clapton is rated at what 16? I believe I use that one at 18 with here boost and the 1.2 is rated at 20 ?i didn't mention them cuz I didn't recall what was the rating. I thought it had been covered before.

One other reason the Clapton may get a bad wrap is it needs a short bit to break In. More than he standard bvc whether its he 1.2 triton mini bvc or the 1.5/8 old nautilus.

Thanks for your concern for the community. Honestly. I appreciate when. Others are looking out for us all. I agree I should have stated my opinion with the actual power recommendations. Sorry about that. I do however run flavor tests and I'd say I'm way more picky than most mtl vapors aboit flavor. Its why I don't use too many disposable coils anymore.

Reactions: APF
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread