Any tips for building coils for the Kayfun Lite Clone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
So, I've ready plenty of threads on here about coil building, kayfun lite, etc. I've also watched tons of youtube videos on the same. However, I just can't seem to build a REALLY good coil, for some reason.

My previous experience with building coils only goes as far as building them for the kanger pro tanks, and evods.

I got my kayfun lite EHPro clone about a few weeks ago, and I've built about 5 coils for it. All of them worked, but none have performed as well as I'd like. The first two sucked. The next 3 have been good, but not great.

I have at my disposal silica wick (2mm), cotton (peaches and creme from walmart), rolled cotton from CVS......32g kanthal, and 30g kanthal.

I tried doing micro coils, but I just couldn't get all the loops to stay together. So now I've been using the 30g kanthal, with the rolled cotton, and just doing regular coils, with maybe 4-5 wraps, clocking it at around 1.4-1.8ohms depending on the coil.

Any tips for someone trying to get the coil building down?

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
Easiest most flavorful build I have used. Really hard to mess this up.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...t-most-flavorful-kayfun-build-i-can-find.html

I may try microcoiling if I end up burning up heads, but until then. This is my go to build. I prefer easy......

Oh, and I have a sensitivity to vaping cotton, it tightens up my throat something fierce. Very unpleasant for me....So for Silca/Ekowool this is the best for me.

Last edited:

_sidekick_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Easiest most flavorful build I have used. Really hard to mess this up.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...t-most-flavorful-kayfun-build-i-can-find.html

I may try microcoiling if I end up burning up heads, but until then. This is my go to build. I prefer easy......

Oh, and I have a sensitivity to vaping cotton, it tightens up my throat something fierce. Very unpleasant for me....So for Silca/Ekowool this is the best for me.
What kind of cotton are you using? Try sterile rolled cotton if you haven't. Most other cotton(including organic cotton) is bleached with hydrogen peroxide, so if not boiled/cleaned extremely well, can cause some issues. The sterile rolled cotton is cleaned/sterilized using heat, so there's not much that can be left on it. This is the stuff they are cleaning open wounds with in operating rooms, so it must be absolutely sterile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread