Virgin to RBA coil builds for a new Kayfun Lite Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAscooter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
Springfield, MO
After months of reading, I fianlly took the plunge today and ordered the kayfun Lite Plus from VapeRev and hope to have it by the end of the week. This is my first venture into RBA's and coil building and have been reading up and watching videos as much as I can. There are so darned many options on coils, using different sizes of Kanthal, silica and cotton, etc, etc.. I have ordered up some 28,30,32, and .08 ribbin gauage Kanthal, as well as some silica. I like to experiment which is why the various items.

My question is what would be the best coil for me to start out building as a new RBA owner. Should I stick with the silica or go with the cotton. I'm running both Provari's and sigelei 20 watt with 1.8 to 3.2 ohm Cleaomizers and IBTanked. I catch on pretty quick so am not worried about building a coil, not just sure which one would be the best to start with. My juices are mostly 65/35 blends or 50/50. Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
I tried most wicking materials and I like cotton the best. It is by far the easiest to deal with and a bag of 80 organic cotton balls at Walgreens will set you back all of $4. That will last a long time unless you are re-wicking every day. I started doing my own coils a couple of months ago so am no expert. I do most of them the same except when making dual coils. 6 wraps of AW30 around a 2mm screwdriver. I like micro coils so get the wraps close together. This usually gets me between 1.5 and 1.8ohms. I don't use mech mods so they work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread