What Am I Doing Wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
This is what I've got going on right now. The wire is under the screws and I just loosened the airflow screw a little. Still nothing.

View attachment 330878
View attachment 330879

It's a bit hard to tell from the pic, but 2 things I can see--you want your coil to face the other direction, perpendicular to the posts. When you wrap the coil, the legs should be pointing in opposite directions. That won't change the firing issue, but it's something I can see right off the bat. Edit: on closer inspection, it looks OK - it's just that your coil is a bit longer than the ones I do (lower ohm) so it looks like it's spanning between the posts.

The thing I can't tell is if you have enough space over the air hole. You want your coil to be sitting about 2mm from the air hole. If there's any metal contact between the coil and the deck, it will cause a short and your coil won't fire.

Last edited:

Softrockstarr

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2013
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
if your connections are tight and no part of the coil other then the connection points is touching metal then it should fire. do you have a 510 to 510 adapter? im just thinking its the 510 connection on the mod, its not making contact with the pin on the kayfun. another thing that can cause it not to fire is to low of a resistance but most likely its not that because your using 30 & 32g wire which is high resistance so im sure its not to low. one good thing about those resistance checkers or multimeters is that you can check the coil before even setting it into the kayfun to see what resistance it at. my brother had a vamo and always had issues with his not making contact with certain attys.

Ok so I left it for a bit and it magically started to work (although I have no idea for how long, but hey). So I'm guessing that the problem lies with the centre pin of my Vamo which totally sucks. I'm not really down for a 510 to 510 adaptor because I feel like it would raise it up too high and look stupid so I'm thinking I'll just try to replace the o-ring on it and hope to god I don't break it in the process. I just have to find some #60 o-rings in Quebec since the nearest Home Depot is annoyingly out of the way from me. Ugh.

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
Thank you! And yeah, I raised it a bit. Let's see how long it lasts before it starts conking out on me again lol.

I finally had to take mine in to a B&M so that I could actually WATCH someone wick and fill my tank. It didn't look like he did it any differently than I did, but damn if it didn't work. So now I have to play around with my wicking (I think I didn't use enough) to figure out exactly what I'm doing wrong. But right now it works great and I'm not going to mess with it until I have to, lol. :laugh:

Softrockstarr

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2013
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
I finally had to take mine in to a B&M so that I could actually WATCH someone wick and fill my tank. It didn't look like he did it any differently than I did, but damn if it didn't work. So now I have to play around with my wicking (I think I didn't use enough) to figure out exactly what I'm doing wrong. But right now it works great and I'm not going to mess with it until I have to, lol. :laugh:

It's such a pain to see all these people build really cool stuff in tutorials and then not be able to get the same results.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Ok so I left it for a bit and it magically started to work (although I have no idea for how long, but hey). So I'm guessing that the problem lies with the centre pin of my Vamo which totally sucks. I'm not really down for a 510 to 510 adaptor because I feel like it would raise it up too high and look stupid so I'm thinking I'll just try to replace the o-ring on it and hope to god I don't break it in the process. I just have to find some #60 o-rings in Quebec since the nearest Home Depot is annoyingly out of the way from me. Ugh.

yes the adapter would look stupid I just thought if you had one you could use is to troubleshoot. In certain instances I have heard of connection issues with certain mods, it's to bad the kayfun isn't 510 adjustable.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Softrockstarr

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2013
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
yes the adapter would look stupid I just thought if you had one you could use is to troubleshoot. In certain instances I have heard of connection issues with certain mods, it's to bad the kayfun isn't 510 adjustable.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yeah when I bought it I was sure it was but apparently not. Sad life. Now I guess it's time for some Vamo surgery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread