Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie419914

Verified Member
Feb 24, 2013
United States
I really like my Kabuki tank and I can only think of 2 cons to it
1. Tank doesn't hold enough juice
2. Air intake hole on side is sharp and can slice a little disk of skin right off your thumb.

I have the P3 threads on it and it is great because I have dropped my mod and broken the 510 threads right of a regular tank but that doesn't happen with tanks with P3 threads.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
2. Air intake hole on side is sharp and can slice a little disk of skin right off your thumb.

I have the P3 threads on it and it is great because I have dropped my mod and broken the 510 threads right of a regular tank but that doesn't happen with tanks with P3 threads.
Try to break off that P3 threading while on your ProVari... I dare ya! :w00t:

Jim-

GCS E (1) + V (1) + M (1) = 3
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Los Angeles County, Ca. USA
I have to respectfully disagree, especially in this case. Most clone makers are only interested in making things look correct. So you get a clone with different (inferior?) materals, close but not exact dimensions, janky hardware, cheap out of spec glass, and o-rings made of who knows what - all of it made under conditions not regulated by anyone other than the money grabbing owner. You sure you're not getting lead or other heavy metals in the materials? What chemicals were used in the composition of the o-rings? I could go on and on to the point of ridiculousness. But the truth is that you still don't have any idea of how the original works since you're assuming that the counterfeit is 100.00% identical in every way. All you know is how a cheap copy works instead of an item that was produced with the highest quality possible - which drives the cost. And I'm not directing this at you, BreSha, but rather a generic clone customer.

I often see the justification "yeah, well, they're made on the same line as the authentic ones". No way in this situation.

I just can't understand why someone smart enough to invent something really good shouldn't be able to benefit from brainpower and investment made in producing the item, and why others who have done nothing worth doing are allowed to profit.

Say you've spent a considerable amount of time coming up with a revolutionary new guitar pickup. You've spent hours that you could have been doing something else, and invested your hard earned money into getting the thing produced. It becomes an immediate sensation and guitar players all over the world want to buy one from you.

Then a week later, you see a copy coming from China at a quarter of what it costs you to produce one. It pretty much looks the same, but the electronics and housing materials are unknown. I buy one and tell you "It's just the same. You're asking too much. I want to see if I like it before I think about buying one of yours".

So honestly, that wouldn't bother you?

And as I read back over this, I apologize for spamming with a lengthy tirade over something that will never be settled.

I would agree with this; however, I would say there is an exception to this rule. I found myself in this very position recently. I wanted to buy an authentic RTA this week that the Inventor/Company no longer appears to produce. I would happily pay full boat for the original but they just are not to be had at any price (least that I can find). So I was able to pick up a clone where under normal circumstances I would be SOL. And for the record, I am SO glad I did. It's a Great RTA sans the fact it's made in China instead of Israel. I'll still be keeping an eye out for the authentic though and will snap it up soon as I lay eyes on it.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Try to break off that P3 threading while on your ProVari... I dare ya! :w00t:
I don't think it is possible. I dropped a Classic with a P3 Kabuki yesterday. HARD. No issues at all. I bet a 510 would have snapped right off.

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
Time to change a coil today.
First coil would just spin and spin...never set.
Second coil was extremely "spiny"...in fact...I just pulled it right out !

Third coil screwed in just fine.

Dang that's a waste !

I hear you.

Though I'm grateful to Aspire for continuing to make the coils, I'm seeing a lot more problems here also and hope they haven't let their QC slide. I haven't run into the threading thing (though it seems like the coil staying in the chimney comes and goes) but I've had some that just weren't good.

Every flavor I was vaping was really blah, and these were my standard juices. It finally dawned on me to open a different box of coils and the problem disappeared. The best way I can explain it was that I was getting a slight taste a lot like playdoh smells. It wasn't enough to be stomach turning, but was definitely affecting the taste. The box was fine and the verification code checked out.

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014

You may want to check with Zen as he may be able to smooth it out for you so that you are not slicing skin off.

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
I broke a glass Kabuki today. The 2nd one I've broken in about 5 months. It was totally my fault. I dropped it on my ceramic tile floor. Luckily, I had a couple of back up tanks here, one of them being a stainless steel. It's not the best look on my pink and white hybrid mini, but at least I know it won't break! I'm thinking I need several more back ups for the vapocalypse!

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I broke a glass Kabuki today. The 2nd one I've broken in about 5 months. It was totally my fault. I dropped it on my ceramic tile floor. Luckily, I had a couple of back up tanks here, one of them being a stainless steel. It's not the best look on my pink and white hybrid mini, but at least I know it won't break! I'm thinking I need several more back ups for the vapocalypse!
My poly Kabuki tanks are working well. I prefer the steel tanks, but I am liking the poly tanks as I have not had good luck with glass Kabuki tanks (have broke, cracked or chipped 3 in a couple of months).

Worth checking out poly IMO....

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014

My poly Kabuki tanks are working well. I prefer the steel tanks, but I am liking the poly tanks as I have not had good luck with glass Kabuki tanks (have broke, cracked or chipped 3 in a couple of months).

Thanks for this — I never thought about the glass tanks. Still have sometime to stock up and will probably go with the poly as a safety measure.

Jim-

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013

I came across a handy little tool that works well on not only the Kabuki but a host of other tanks. It's simple a combination ceramic tweezers and tank wrench. Just place the top loop around your Kabuki, turn gently, and bingo. No slip, no damage to the tank, and no lacerated fingers.:) Made by Coil Master and costs just a couple bucks.
CMwrench.JPG

madangus

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2015
Chicago-land
So it sounds like with a kabuki walking out of a/c into current new orleans heat and humidity (100 degrees or so right now) for several minutes then back into a/c etc etc i won't actually have any leak issues? Subtank last year would leak a bit, kfl+ too.

Never tried it with the kabuki yet and have to go down there this week for work.

Noodles11

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015

The poly work ok and the S/S ,ive got 4 Kabukis and have broken them all over the last 6 months.

Have moved on to Billet Box rev 4 and likeing it a lot.

Not as nice as flavour as the Kabuki or my Squape XDream but still really nice.

Kabuki major drawback to me is tanksize and glass, Billet box is 5ml which lasts all day.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Yeah, I can go along with this. You had no choice, wasn't your fault...

No choice? There was a choice: to buy a clone or not to buy a clone; seems like a choice to me. Jim- simply didn't like one of his choices. Aversion to a clone can on go so far, you know.

Reactions: AstroTurf

Jim-

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Ouch. Okay. So if I make the choice to buy a clone because the authentic maker is now defunct and none are to be had its still a bad choice? Going to have to agree to disagree with u on this one. S'all good though, I really do see your point of view[emoji2]

Sent with my communicator by Tapatalk[emoji92]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread