Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!

Moxienator

Super Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2014
Central Mass
Could someone tell me what type, spec wire the coils are that come with the vvtf nautilus rba v2 decks please.
Mine didn't come with wire. They are rebuildables, so you can choose whatever wire gauge you would like to get the resistance you're shooting for.

Fortune favors the Bottom Feeders.

baconandeggs

Sep 1, 2012
Staffs
I know i can put anything in there it's just that after 5 years of vaping ive never had coils last so long and just wanted to buy the wire so i could replicate them.

cheers
B&E
Mine didn't come with wire. They are rebuildables, so you can choose whatever wire gauge you would like to get the resistance you're shooting for.

Moxienator

Super Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2014
Central Mass
I know i can put anything in there it's just that after 5 years of vaping ive never had coils last so long and just wanted to buy the wire so i could replicate them.

cheers
B&E
I think I understand.

You're looking for the actual Nautilus coil wire gauge, right?

If I had to guess, I would say 30, 32 or 34, but I do not know for sure.

Reactions: AstroTurf

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR

cheers
B&E
You should be able to use the (ohms) resistance and the overall length of the wire to find out what material and gauge the wire is. It is most likely Kanthal A1. This chart might help.
kanthalohmchart.png

Edit: I have the same V V W F heads, and both of mine came with spare coils, so I will unwrap and measure one sometime this week.

Last edited:

baconandeggs

Sep 1, 2012
Staffs
You should be able to use the (ohms) resistance and the overall length of the wire to find out what material and gauge the wire is. It is most likely Kanthal A1. This chart might help.
kanthalohmchart.png

Edit: I have the same V V W F heads, and both of mine came with spare coils, so I will unwrap and measure one sometime this week.
Thank you,

I tried matching it up using Steam engine but i must be doing something wrong with it.
Coil wrapping

My ohms on my Radius come out at 0.87

regards

B&E

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
Thank you,

I tried matching it up using Steam engine but i must be doing something wrong with it.
Coil wrapping

My ohms on my Radius come out at 0.87

regards

B&E
The Chinese tend to use Nichrome wire, mostly. Does that help?

cllmda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi Everyone :)

After a good year+ of Kabuki usage Im suddenly running into this silly little problem on my only ZENKOTE kabuki (I have about 10 of the other "regular" ones ;)....

I purchased it from the Provape site and have been using it everyday for 4-5 months without ever having to change the original glass tank it came with :)!

Well, the tank finally broke and I tried to change it...

I have lots of cheap glass tanks from FT, lots of color ones by SPECTRUM tanks and several steel and plastic tanks purchased from official Kabuki retailers (Creme de vape UK mostly) .These all clip in easily on all my other kabuki's but no way am i able to get a new tank to slip in ok on my Zenkote one :(

Of course Ive done the usual thing of adding a few drops of ejuice all around but it hasnt made any difference.Ive cracked several of my Spectrum tanks and a whole package of my FT ones, the steel ones obviously havent cracked but still wont insert properly (straight &aligned).

I have no probs with the bottom part,just with the top part of the tank...

Ive been using kabukis for over a year now, have four or five going at a time on a daily basis and have changed zillions of broken tanks...so what can be happening ????

Any body have any tips or suggestions for me ?

Any knowledge/help appreciated :) !

Claudine

Reactions: AstroTurf

Zen Knitter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2016
Gold country, Calif.
C
Hi Everyone :)

After a good year+ of Kabuki usage Im suddenly running into this silly little problem on my only ZENKOTE kabuki (I have about 10 of the other "regular" ones ;)....

I purchased it from the Provape site and have been using it everyday for 4-5 months without ever having to change the original glass tank it came with :)!

Well, the tank finally broke and I tried to change it...

I have lots of cheap glass tanks from FT, lots of color ones by SPECTRUM tanks and several steel and plastic tanks purchased from official Kabuki retailers (Creme de vape UK mostly) .These all clip in easily on all my other kabuki's but no way am i able to get a new tank to slip in ok on my Zenkote one :(

Of course Ive done the usual thing of adding a few drops of ejuice all around but it hasnt made any difference.Ive cracked several of my Spectrum tanks and a whole package of my FT ones, the steel ones obviously havent cracked but still wont insert properly (straight &aligned).

I have no probs with the bottom part,just with the top part of the tank...

Ive been using kabukis for over a year now, have four or five going at a time on a daily basis and have changed zillions of broken tanks...so what can be happening ????

Any body have any tips or suggestions for me ?

Any knowledge/help appreciated :) !

Claudine

Claudine, since I'm new, I always revert to the telephone. I'd call HOUSE OF HYBRIDS and ask for help, they are wonderful! And they have the original glass, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread