Anyone else sick of vaping snobs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Yeah I got all the colors of the Evod clones for keeping my flavors straight. Wound up with 4 black ones from the blister packs though. The evods in the blister packs have great threading on them. The thing that amazes me is no gurgles from any of the evods and I carry them in my pocket in a little case, leave them in my warm truck in the sun, etc and none of the gurgles that many seem to complain about on the evods.
Ohh I also got a 10 pack of 2.2 ohm coils for 3.99. They work fine unlike the ones that came in the 1.99 clones. But I have rebuilt 2 of them with cotton so far and no problems with flooding or gurgles on my rebuilds either. I did bore out the airholes a bit and got much better vapor. On the first one I overdid it a bit and had to plug up one hole :)

Have to make a little vid of my tootle cloud blowing :)

Last edited:

mojofilter

Mar 10, 2015
Florida, USA
Regarding some of those people you encounter on other websites (not this one), here is my favorite picture to describe them:

You On The Internet VS Real Life.jpg

freeall

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Canada
Anyone who complains about the cost of vaping, obviously wasn't an avid smoker before they started vaping. And if they were, they were prolly rolling .... smokes.
Most people complain that any mod over a hundred bucks, is 'overpriced'.

Yea, cause cigarettes were so cheap all those years, right? People should be vaping to better their health instead of just wanting to save a buck.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Anyone who complains about the cost of vaping, obviously wasn't an avid smoker before they started vaping. And if they were, they were prolly rolling .... smokes.

Yea, cause cigarettes were so cheap all those years, right? People should be vaping to better their health instead of just wanting to save a buck.

I do both. MY cigs were costing me about $120/mo. 4 months into vaping and I have bought quite a bit of stuff and given over 1/2 of it away to others to get them off cigs and I am still 30% under my cig budget. And am at least 3 months ahead on vaping supplies. Heck I am 2 years ahead on nicotine. And at least 6 months ahead on PG/VG.
Vaping can be a much cheaper and less damaging addiction to support. Or you can go for the bling and spend more on it than you did on cigs.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA

When I first started buying gear, I swore I would never spend more than $100 for a mod and thought that anyone who spent that much was insane, and yet a few weeks later I bought a Vaporshark rDNA40 and a SX Mini M Class.

freeall

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Canada
But really, what's so 'insane' about it? Its like people think they should spend 12 bucks for gear and be done with it lol. It's amazing to me how many people question the cost of a better alternative to cancer sticks.

Just cause vaping is 'better' for you, it's like people assume it should be less expensive, too.

Strange world we live in.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
I do both. MY cigs were costing me about $120/mo. 4 months into vaping and I have bought quite a bit of stuff and given over 1/2 of it away to others to get them off cigs and I am still 30% under my cig budget. And am at least 3 months ahead on vaping supplies. Heck I am 2 years ahead on nicotine. And at least 6 months ahead on PG/VG.
Vaping can be a much cheaper and less damaging addiction to support. Or you can go for the bling and spend more on it than you did on cigs.

My cig budget was just under $300 a month. After 4 months of vaping as well, I've spent a little under triple what I would have spent on cigs, and I've given away almost half of what I bought to others as well. I still will end up spending less on vaping for the year as compared to smoking, since I've enough juice accumulated so I don't need to spend another dime and I can still vape for the rest of the year.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
But really, what's so 'insane' about it? Its like people think they should spend 12 bucks for gear and be done with it lol. It's amazing to me how many people question the cost of a better alternative to cancer sticks.

Just cause vaping is 'better' for you, it's like people assume it should be less expensive, too.

It's "insane" in the fact that you have to ask yourself (not knowing any better) why would anyone want to spend $200 for a mod (and have to spend more for a tank) when you can spend $30 and get an EVOD starter kit with two batteries AND two tanks. It's much like those who think it is insane to spend $120k for a Mercedes S-Class when you can get a Toyota Camry for around $30k. Of course notwithstanding the show-off factor, there is a huge difference in the experience of riding in or driving a S-class versus riding in or driving a Camry. Much as there is a huge difference in vaping with a $200 mod with a $40-50 tank versus vaping with a $20 ego battery and plastic top coil clearomizer.

And also remember that there is a whole world of people out there who have no idea that all this different gear is even available. Their only exposure to e-cigs is those $10 blu disposables they see at the gas station.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
When I first started buying gear, I swore I would never spend more than $100 for a mod and thought that anyone who spent that much was insane, and yet a few weeks later I bought a Vaporshark rDNA40 and a SX Mini M Class.

I know better than to make vows like that :) Just working on the cheap so far.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
It's "insane" in the fact that you have to ask yourself (not knowing any better) why would anyone want to spend $200 for a mod (and have to spend more for a tank) when you can spend $30 and get an EVOD starter kit with two batteries AND two tanks. It's much like those who think it is insane to spend $120k for a Mercedes S-Class when you can get a Toyota Camry for around $30k. Of course notwithstanding the show-off factor, there is a huge difference in the experience of riding in or driving a S-class versus riding in or driving a Camry.

And also remember that there is a whole world of people out there who have no idea that all this different gear is even available. Their only exposure to e-cigs is those $10 blu disposables they see at the gas station.

Yeah but for the 90K difference I can have a boat and an RV along with the Camry :) Or buy a whole truckload of Reo's ? Just bought a new Camry last year btw :D

Last edited:

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere

I do not assume it SHOULD be less expensive, just glad that it CAN be less expensive. Healthier for less money I likes.
And now when I sweat I smell a bit like blueberry instead of cigarettes :D

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Yeah but for the 90K difference I can have a boat and an RV along with the Camry :) Just bought a new Camry last year btw :D

I went the certified pre-owned route. Purchased a 2-year old E350 4matic in 2012 for 40 percent less than what it cost brand new (and just a little more than a fully loaded Camry would have cost), with 2 years left on the factory warranty, and the CPO warranty doesn't expire until December 2016.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
The E350 was originally supposed to be for the wife. Then two days before finding the car, my Volvo ended up needing $2k in repairs. Ended up trading it in for the E350 instead (she always hated the Volvo anyways) and it became mine. 4 months later I got the "you got a new car and I'm still driving an old one" complaint, and she wanted a convertible so we ended up getting a CLK 350.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Ah, but one reason people turn to vaping IS to save money. Every time cigarettes go up in price, more people try to quit.

And many here are proof you don't need a $200 mod plus a $200 atty to quit. Those of us who buy them want them. We don't need them. My 20W istick is still plugging along after almost 9 months. So even if it dies today, my friend who has it now could just buy another one. She thinks I'm nuts to have a $200 mod when one that costs under $30 works just fine :)

I do spend a lot on juce. That cuts into my monthly budget quit a bit. Its time to start learning to make my own.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com

Not true. I have no idea how I afforded smoking, but somehow I did -- usually by buying less food.

People who choose to buy more expensive things, where there are perfectly adequate things available for half or a third or a fifth of the cost... well, you know those commercials lately about the "stupid rich"? Who choose not to save money even when they can... that's what I think of. Because "money won't spend itself!" :facepalm:

I'll never buy an "authentic" kayfun, because the Tobecos are BETTER -- you can extend the 510 screw without loosening the mounting block. I'll never buy a Provari, because I could buy 5 or 6 iStick30s for the same amount of money. I will NEVER buy anything on account of its label -- I buy name-brands ONLY if said name brand is a) (most important) actually within my budget, and b) actually FARRRR!!! better than off-brands.

Andria

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Not true. I have no idea how I afforded smoking, but somehow I did -- usually by buying less food.

And when I was smoking, for the most part I was paying the higher taxes of NY. I only live 40 minutes from PA, where I could buy a carton for $62 as opposed to $95 in NY, but I didn't make the trip very often. I did make the trip every once in a while and would pick up 4 cartons at a time, but having 4 cartons sitting there was more of a temptation to smoke more.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Nope...you don't need to spend a lot of money to quit smoking. I quit using what was most likely, a fake ego battery , a fake clearo and some nasty Pomegranite juice a friend made. That was over 2 years ago...the whole set up set me back $30. I've since picked up a few other things....but not out of necessity. I guess I'm "stupid rich" according to some on here. That made me realize that the snobs aren't necessarily the ones with all the toys.

Libbydude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2012
Idaho
Nope...you don't need to spend a lot of money to quit smoking. I quit using what was most likely, a fake ego battery , a fake clearo and some nasty Pomegranite juice a friend made. That was over 2 years ago...the whole set up set me back $30. I've since picked up a few other things....but not out of necessity. I guess I'm "stupid rich" according to some on here. That made me realize that the snobs aren't necessarily the ones with all the toys.
Nice! But I think you confuse snobbery with resentment/envy laced with a sense of entitlement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread