Anyone ever ask you "for a light"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CowboyGoggles

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2012
Huntsville, AL
I get asked for lights about 3-4 times a week outside the hospital where I work. My response is "I don't smoke", which at first sounded funny coming out of my mouth, but It has become a reaffirming mantra since.

The looks on their faces range from confusion to anger as they usually ask because they see me puffing my pipe.
Its not until I explain that my pipe is electronic and uses no flame ,that they either walk away to find someone else or ask me to demonstrate. this has led to me telling them my story.
"15 year, PAD smoker, quit in two weeks, never been back, can smell and taste food again, can run again, yadda yadda"

either way they still saunter off to find a light elsewhere, but sometimes they come back to where I am to ask more questions about it.
that's when I give them a card for a local vape-shop and dispell as much bad press as i can about vaping. (since that is usually the focus of their questions)

ohai

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2012
Wichita, KS, United States
My brother never has a lighter in spite of the fact that he is a lifelong chronic lighter thief, and he still asks for a light every time I see him. I have to keep reminding him that I gave him my last lighter a month ago.

I am considering buying a pretty one just to have on hand, though- it sucks to have to search for a flame when you need to light birthday candles or the power goes out.

Jaguar G

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Just west of Cool, Texas
Recently I was approached by a drunk homelesss person,wanting a smoke. Me ' I don't have one' , him 'wheres that smoke coming from?', 'an electronic device' ,him 'can I have a go?', me 'it doesn't work'. For some reason this worked.

Eww. I get a little phreaked out when someone I know takes a "go". Drunk homeless guy... eww.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread