Anyone modify an iclear 30 for an easier pull?

Discussion in 'Clearomizers' started by rushman, May 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. rushman

rushman Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I was wondering if anyone had attempted to mod an iclear 30 for an easier pull. I'm not looking to make it hit like a kanger, but somewhere in between would be perfect.

Thoughts? I think I'll try enlarging the air holes just above the threads if anyone thinks that would work.

2. Possessed

Possessed Full Member

I like to know of any mods too. Just can't get mine to hit right. Used to Protanks I guess. It is just not what I expected. Curious to hear about anyone else's experiences

3. graybuck

graybuck Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Problem I am having is mine leaks out the 510 connection so bad I can't use it. The I16 I have never had leaking issues. Not sure if it is a bad head as I don't have a replacement on hand to test. But new out of the box its been leaking. Is there a fix for this?

4. Ericb45696

Ericb45696 Full Member

I have not been happy with mine either. It leaks bad. I tried a thorough cleaning and looked up a few things, but then got frustrated after rebuilding it again and still leaking so I put my Vivi Nova back on.
    any tips on getting it to not leak would be great since I have heard some good things about the iclear.

5. Unrequitedandrology

Unrequitedandrology Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mine leaked for the first time today ever. I like using the lower 1.5 ohms head on it for easier pulls.

6. VictoryNotVengence

VictoryNotVengence Ultra Member ECF Veteran

i havn't had leaking. i'd say fill it only to the 2.5ml line and see if it still leaks. I found that raising the 2ohm head to 4v really opens up the draw.

7. Unrequitedandrology

Unrequitedandrology Senior Member ECF Veteran

Ok so now when refilling it leaks out of the bottom!!!

8. RichardV

RichardV Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Just a thought, is the small o-ring missing from the base piece( where the head screws on)?

9. Riatha

Riatha Full Member

I'd love to know as well if anyone has done any sort of modding to the iClear 30. Mine doesn't leak and while I love it, I wish it had a pyrex or polypro tank. Can that be done?

Also, mine fogs no matter what type of juice I use. Menthol is the worst though.

Another thought, can it be rebuilt with one coil?

10. mrpony

mrpony Senior Member

I loving my 30.it work beautifully; great draw, no leaks ,no problems. So lets look at what you're using it on. I have mine on a zmax wit eGo threads which is more open than a standard 510 at the top. If you're using a 510 I imagine its possible that the threads might obscure the air holes just a bit.
    As for leaks I guess that's why the print 3.0 ml max on the tank . however I routinely fill mine to the top of the white plastic cover on the head unit without leaks.
    The only time I've had a leak with the 16 the head unit wasn't threaded in all the way. I tightened that puppy down and problem solved.

The Iclears 30 and 16 are some real decent tanks that seem to be fairly durable( though I have broken the threads off 3 30s so far).theyre fairly cheap compared to some other stuff out there,easy to change out the heads and relatively foolproof for beginners. I've never had a dry hit on the iclear30.

Don't give up, maybe a 510/eGo adapter would help

11. mrpony

mrpony Senior Member

Although the head show a 16 wicks its really just 4 wicks crossed over 4 wicks.

I don't know if a single coil head is available but you could try taking an old head and cut 4 wicks out to make it a single.it couldn't hurt to try if you're skilled enough in the electronics to do it right.
    (Do it wrong and you could blow the electronics in your APV)

You might also contact Innokin and ask for a single coil version.
    This kinda stuff helps drive innovation,ya know.

12. ardvaark

ardvaark Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

If anyone is still interested I have a fix for the leaking shaft on the iClear30. Seems to be a very common problem. I just need to see if anyone is interested before I tear down mine to make illustrations on the fix. Its pretty simple if you have a piece of silicone from an old cheap clearomizer.

Peter

13. GOTFrog

GOTFrog Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

if it's not too much work, would be great to see how you fixed it

14. Jayvaps

Jayvaps Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

could you try to at least explain it?

15. DetraMental

DetraMental Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I read somewhere about the leaking issue. It had to do with not filling then iClear30 to the fill line but below it. You won't get your 3ml, more like 2.5ml.

16. GOTFrog

GOTFrog Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

well I don'r know how much leakage you guys are getting, I get leakage but it's fairly minimal, I associate it with just laying it on the seat beside me, I do get a bit of gurgling but I thought it was normal.

17. Nicotinologist

Nicotinologist Senior Member ECF Veteran

:)
    Yeah, I've done all 3 of mine. I was going to throw them all away, but I decided to experiment on them. Here is the procedure:
    1. Disassemble the atomizer and wash and dry.
    2. Unscrew and the replaceable coil assembly.
    3. Remove by pushing the bottom center pin of the base from the top.
    4. Drill a hole using a 1mm or 1/32" drill bit as close as possible to the channels on both sides. Make sure to position the 2 holes without drilling the rubber seal.
    5. Carefully trim the upper silicone cap seal very squarely and flat 1mm or 1/32".
    6. Enlarge the center pin top hole to the next available drill size.
    7. Clean everything and make sure you do not have any metal shavings on the base that may cause shorts

If you happen to have the new version of the iClear30s, use the i Clear 30s upper seal or order one or the minimum replacement coil atomizer for it. These modified old i Clear 30 are 100% better than the new version.

18. crank

crank Full Member

im wondering if you all have the innokin I clear. mine says innokin on the bottom. I have had it over 6 months. well the wife has and has never had a issue one.

: innokin
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.