Status
Not open for further replies.

MSK421

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2017
Fort Worth, Texas
Define; good.
Theoretically yes, flavor, longevity, performance, ect ect
The problem is availability and acceptance. 2 years ago pioneer4you offered a ceramic coil tank. Today no longer in production. Sales? New technology? There have been others. The longevity of the coils (4-6 months depending on e liquid used) with the need to buy more coils. If company stops production then I'm "left holding the tank" so to speak.
RTAs and RDAs are widely available with no need of further coil purchases. Yes, wire and cotton is needed but at a very small cost So acceptance to/of the market maybe the issue.
Again, in theory, great

Just my :2c:
Your mileage may very!

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I've been using an EUC ceramic in a BVC Atlantis style sleeve and found it pretty tasty in my Super tank. That said, there have been various issues with their ccells. I also got unlucky with the Ultimo with a lot of leaking with the ceramic coil (no idea why, worked fine with the rewickable notch coils). So are they good? Depends on the coil and what type of vape you prefer. I don't find them to have any significant advantage over my own SS and cotton wicking builds I do myself, but the EUC has a very clean taste in comparison to other factory coils I've used.

Lavaca5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've been using the EUC ceramic coils in the Vaporesso Veco and Estoc tanks, and in my Triton 2 with sleeve. They all perform very well - great flavor and longevity. Pretty much stopped building my own coils since these are convenient, reliable and relatively inexpensive. Hated the cCells, but the EUCs are exponentially better. Amok Spiral has slightly better flavor IMO, but way more expensive and don't last as long. Highly recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bhayes

May 11, 2011
hartford ct
What is a good wattage to vape ceramic coils, I use kangertech mods, tanks and ceramic coils and I find 75W is pretty good, although the shop I purchased them from says 30-60W. I imagine most hardware uses roughly the same wattage with ceramic. Also, their coil in kanthol inside the ceramic, can you use temperature control?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I actually think I prefer the C-cells to the EUC coils, although I have to say part of it may be that I'm using the EUC coils in a Melo III tank that I am NOT fond of (especially the drip tip, I may try changing it out) but also capacity. I LOOOOVE the C-cells in a Wismec tank I found, at 1.0 resistance.

I think there were some early issues... or sort of... with worries about ceramic tanks but if they are well made, they do have longevity going for them.

I don't think you can vape TC with a kanthal wire in the coil, but I'm not 100% on that. You can certainly get ceramic coils that come with TC wire though, and some of them are easily rebuilt as well.

I think good flavor can come from ceramic cells, but it's their increased longevity that I enjoy the most.

With that said, an RTA and some good coils do the job just as well if not better.... :)

Anna

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
What is a good wattage to vape ceramic coils, I use kangertech mods, tanks and ceramic coils and I find 75W is pretty good, although the shop I purchased them from says 30-60W. I imagine most hardware uses roughly the same wattage with ceramic. Also, their coil in kanthol inside the ceramic, can you use temperature control?
I'm using the EUC's in an Estoc Mega. My experience is that they're best just under 40 Watts. Higher wattages don't improve flavor and do shorten coil life.

The coils with SS316L wire are excellent in TC mode. As good or better than SS coils I wrapped and wicked myself.

• Useful

bhayes

May 11, 2011
hartford ct
I actually think I prefer the C-cells to the EUC coils, although I have to say part of it may be that I'm using the EUC coils in a Melo III tank that I am NOT fond of (especially the drip tip, I may try changing it out) but also capacity. I LOOOOVE the C-cells in a Wismec tank I found, at 1.0 resistance.

I think there were some early issues... or sort of... with worries about ceramic tanks but if they are well made, they do have longevity going for them.

I don't think you can vape TC with a kanthal wire in the coil, but I'm not 100% on that. You can certainly get ceramic coils that come with TC wire though, and some of them are easily rebuilt as well.

I think good flavor can come from ceramic cells, but it's their increased longevity that I enjoy the most.

With that said, an RTA and some good coils do the job just as well if not better.... :)

Anna

Thank you Anna, c-coils seem to be the wave of the future, and different tanks/attys will probably need different wattage settings, probably toward the higher end of wattage, which will require more power and juice but the convenience of longer coil life is worth the small trade-off in battery drainage and extra juice cost. Just read the Uwell study Reference: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...-KBruO681JMzcTmwF4Dn8g118X8gL4eQ/formResponse
Have you seen the new Innokin atomizer by Busardo et al, it look fabulous, I am going to add it to my wishlist!( ),

Last edited:

bhayes

May 11, 2011
hartford ct
I'm using the EUC's in an Estoc Mega. My experience is that they're best just under 40 Watts. Higher wattages don't improve flavor and do shorten coil life.

The coils with SS316L wire are excellent in TC mode. As good or better than SS coils I wrapped and wicked myself.

Thank you Coastal Cowboy, c-coils seem to be the wave of the future, and different tanks/attys will probably need different wattage settings, probably toward the higher end of wattage, which will require more power and juice but the convenience of longer coil life is worth the small trade-off in battery drainage and extra juice cost. Just read the Uwell study, (see link) https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...-KBruO681JMzcTmwF4Dn8g118X8gL4eQ/formResponse Have you seen the new Innokin atomizer by Busardo et al, it look fabulous, I am going to add it to my wishlist!( ),

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread