"Are extra shots a necessity?" AND "Any quick and reliable West Coast vendors?"

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by RPGZealot, Oct 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. RPGZealot

RPGZealot Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I've put in two orders now from MBV and I've found the flavors... well, weak. I'm guessing this is why extra flavor shots are an option and that makes me wonder if it's assumed you'll toss out the extra change for them. :glare: As much of a fan as I am of the great prices, super fast shipping and free samples, I'm not really a fan of that notion (potentially obligatory added shots), so I feel I need to move on.

My question then, is does anybody have any go to vendors who ship quick to the West Coast (price is not really my concern as much as time spent shooting in the dark) and deal bold (and hopefully accurate) flavors without requiring purchasing add-ons? I guess I'm looking for bright fruity flavors and peanut butter (I must have peanut butter) if possible; maybe stuff that follows coffee and/or homebrew fairly well. I'm not interested in tobacco flavors as I already put in an order with NET.com after trying a few "tobacco" flavors elsewhere.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. v1k1ng1001

v1k1ng1001 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I would rethink your decision to drop MBV. A few extra flavor shots at those prices isn't a crime and they are otherwise exactly what you want in a vendor. This is all to say if you like some flavors at MBV add a couple flavor shots and you come out ahead.

I've been pleased with Nicoticket in the bright fruity vape category. Lots of flavor, worth the extra coin but not ridiculously expensive at 50ml. No free samples though. Recently I've noticed only a few of their most famous flavors have been available so check back with them if you don't find what you want right away.

3. Racehorse

Racehorse Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

You may be ready to try some of what are generally considered more "premium" vendors.

Myself, I have never shopped where flavor shots were suggested. The juice is made to a recipe that works as is.

Some I would suggest, though others will choose differently, but these have been around for a while and there is a reason for that. :):

Alien Visions
    Ahlusions
    Copper Creek
    Mountain Oaks Vapor
    The Plume Room
    Roar/RAWR (if you like fruits)

4. mare ze dotes

mare ze dotes Ultra Member ECF Veteran

That extra shot thing confuses me. Unless I have a basis of comparison how should I know how many shots to order? I am not a huge fan of MBV, but through trial and error I have found 2 of their flaves that I like enough to reorder. I am done experimenting with them.

5. Criticalmass

Criticalmass Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Based on your expectations I can't really suggest anyone. The more premium vendors often have a wait time associated with their products and are definitely more expensive (and in a few cases are even worth the price... Loving my CLS today). In many cases 2+ times more expensive. No matter who you order from you will be "shooting in the dark". What we like may not be what you like.

6. Chas_L

Chas_L Super Member ECF Veteran

Why would any ejuice mixer offer extra flavor shots? We all know very well that well like exactly the same taste / strength in our ejuices so what's the point?

How many vendors have nothing at all to do with the juice in the bottles they sell other than the label and the price?

7. Criticalmass

O rly?

If this is the case then why offer different PG/VG ratios, different NIC percentages. etc. do you really believe what you just said?

8. v1k1ng1001

v1k1ng1001 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

The extra shots make sense to offset muting. For example I order MBV's thug juice with 2 extra shots to offset the muting endemic to ordering a higher vg ratio and using a protank.

Also, quite the opposite, if you can order flavor shots and otherwise customize your juice, you're not getting rebranded ejuice from china. The're mixing it up for you according to your order.

9. RPGZealot

Not dropping per se, just branching out. I'll likely be back for more peanut butter with as many extra shots as they'll agree to stuff in it. Their prices and turnaround are amazing; I sincerely doubt that will ever be matched.

Do they not have reviews listed on the site, or am I missing them somewhere?

Just wondering where folks have gotten stuff they like, so I have an idea where to browse. :) Plume Room, AiV and GLV are next on my list to try, methinks. Alien Visions looks interesting, but the lack of full descriptions/reviews has me scurred.

10. Criticalmass

Nicoticket's Custard's Last Stand is really good. I just received mine earlier this week and am hitting up a 1.5ml in a Mini-Protank 2 today at work. I hear their Creme Brulee is really good too. But they don't ship fast. They ship in a reasonable amount of time, but not like MBV fast because they don't just add flavoring, the do the ingredient extraction, etc. too.

11. bones1274

bones1274 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Give Five Pawns a try. They are on the West Coast, they offer free priority shipping with every order and Grandmaster is a peanut butter juice. I am vaping it as we speak. They are a little more expensive than other vendors, but I have the juice in my mailbox in Florida 48 hours after I order it.

Five Pawns - Signature Vapor Liquid

12. DSullivan

DSullivan Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Look at Halo juices if you want something without picking vg/pg ratio or flavor shots. Just pick nic level and bottle size. Also their juice does not need to steep. They are ready right away, and are strong flavors.

13. gayhollly1

gayhollly1 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'd try MBV again. Even after adding flavor shots to my liking their price is great. I read the reviews and go from there.

14. RPGZealot

I just cracked open a 65/35 custom Irish Cream and Coffee from MBV and, I have to say, it's pretty good. Of course, had I gotten it with a shot or two, it would be better...

That said, I placed an order for a sampler from AiV and I'm ready to pull the trigger on The Plume Room (as soon as their weekly is something I'd conceivably like) and The Vapor Room because they have a really nice sampler too.

Thanks again folks!

:toast:

15. Rocketpunk

Rocketpunk Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Honey Pearry from the Vapor Chef is my absolute favorite fruit flavor of all time.

16. Criticalmass

Yea, seems like Cinnamon Roll, Sticky Buns, Pink Champagne and Moo Juice are favorites with about 3 weeks aging. I ordered Pink Champagne and Moo Juice tonight and am getting a sample of Rootbeer since that one had some mixed reviews.

I also ordered the Creme Brulee from Nicoticket. hehe

17. Kandicat

Kandicat Senior Member ECF Veteran

Rocketpunk, is honey pearry better than hobbes' blood? I have been on that for a while.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

18. Rocketpunk

Rocketpunk Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I prefer it to Hobbes' Blood, yes.

Request it as a free sample on your next re-order of Hobbes' Blood.

19. pinkcloud

pinkcloud Full Member

I'm not sure where you are in California, but we probably have the most B&M stores in the country. Perhaps you could find one close to you and go in and physically try some of the juices they offer. Actually, that's why I love B&Ms :)

20. CaddyWhompus

CaddyWhompus Full Member Verified Member

I feel like juices are meant to taste good at a specific ratio. Flavor shots kinda throw that out of wack I'm not sure that more flavor necessarily equals better tasting juice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.