Are Sony vtc 5 batteries 20a or 30a continuous rated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikereezy

Feb 20, 2016
Hi I was just wondering if anyone knew whether Sony vtc 5 batteries were rated at 20 or 30 amp continuous discharge? I'm getting mixed answers from various online sellers and I just want facts because I've seen some that say 20 amp and some that say 30. I just bought three to go with my rx200s that's on the way. Also I was wondering if they would be good for running with this mod? If not then I'll buy others that will fit the build.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
image.jpeg

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Hi I was just wondering if anyone knew whether Sony vtc 5 batteries were rated at 20 or 30 amp continuous discharge? I'm getting mixed answers from various online sellers and I just want facts because I've seen some that say 20 amp and some that say 30. I just bought three to go with my rx200s that's on the way. Also I was wondering if they would be good for running with this mod? If not then I'll buy others that will fit the build.

VTC5's will be fine for your RX200S. Mooch's tests show that they are 20A continuous rated. LG HG2 and Sony VCT4 will also work fine as well as any other 20A or greater battery on Mooch's table. Batteries with higher MAH will yield greater vape time, but pick the ones with 20A or greater ratings. Electronic mods power the atomizer differently than mechanical mods and the power draw is controlled by the electronics.

Regulated 18650 Mods and Battery Life/Power Consumption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread