RDA ARGH!!! dark horse,little boy,tugboat v2,doge v2,,hobo rda, IT NEVER ENDS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
Everytime I get around to making up my mind about a few RDAs. They keep pumping them out. That is GOOD!!! But, it sure can be mind boggling.

I just got used to my 454, Plume Veil and Veritas. Digging all of them. But, now I GOTTA try a couple more.

Any suggestions on the above? clones

And is Tobeco just as good as Ehpro these days? I keep hearing both sides of the story.

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
there are so many atty's that are virtually the same thing, there is another atty out and about you havent mentioned, the lancia looks cool but i dont think i will buy it, i have come to the conclusion that coil placement in relation to your airflow is more important than the next new name.
tis why a lot of people like the magma, cus its hard not to get your coil in a good position, i never liked the magma style and always get better all round performance from atty's such as plumeveil, tobh, mephisto, atomic & asmodus etc..... to many people put their coil's in the center of the well to far from the air inflow and then say they didnt like the atty's :) sorry for the rambling's lol

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
I have an authentic dark horse, authentic tugboat v2, authentic doge, and clone little boy.

They are all great, the tugboat v2 is probably my favorite... with the flawless steam stack top cap though. This cap makes it so much better.

I don't like the stock top cap on the doge. Its too big, doesn't fit all of my drip tips, and I think the design wrecks the flavor a bit. I have a competition cap coming in the mail and hope it fixes the doge top cap issues.

The dark horse is so easy to build ridiculous cloud chasing coils. I occasionally drip through the drip top, but I think it would be easier if the top cap wasn't screw on.
The little boy is just like the dark horse except with slightly less airflow options and the way that the turrets on the deck are positioned makes it harder to set the coils in front of the air slots. If your not careful, its possible to spin the positive post too... this is not an issue with the dark horse, since the posts are not circular.

KC33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
Ft. Lauderdale, FL USA
I recently picked up a Tugboat V2 and a CLT V2, both are really nice. The new Tugboat has AFC and the new CLT has air holes in the negative posts.

As far as clones go Tobeco was terrible for awhile but they've improved quite a bit in the last 6 months or so. I couldn't get my hands on the original plume veil and the Tobeco was pretty good. I think Tobeco is at least as good as EHpro with the exception of the KFL's, EHpro is the clear winner in that dept.

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
The tobeco magma is spot on. Its actually my favorite at the moment. Not really a cloud chasers dream but it has the best flavor of all my drippers. Can never go wrong with the tug boat. Very simple but easy to build and chunks clouds. You are correct hough, before you get them in the mail there will be 10 new ones out.

To add to what roxy said, the CTL is also cheep and has awesome reviews, I have one coming in with my T8 so I cant speak from experience yet but I am excited! ($40 or something like that)

Since I got my Tobeco Plume Veil I haven't even really wanted another dripper, but maybe thats just me

My Tobecco Plume Veil clone is having a small problem... The gold plating on the deck is starting to scratch off... Becoming a bit weary about continuous use at this point. To OP, if you buy a Plume Veil clone make sure the deck isn't gold plated (if it's even real gold plating...).

TomGeorge

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2014
Buffalo/Rochester
My Tobecco Plume Veil clone is having a small problem... The gold plating on the deck is starting to scratch off... Becoming a bit weary about continuous use at this point. To OP, if you buy a Plume Veil clone make sure the deck isn't gold plated (if it's even real gold plating...).

Interesting...I havent had this issue but I have also been leaving my coils in and just rewicking, quite a bit. I will keep an eye out for that now tho, thanks for the heads up!

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
An authentic Doge is under $40 :). I have one and its quite the cloud chucker. Sorryy, don't have the others to compare for you. But, when the authentic is that inexpensive, why take a chance with clones?

To add to what roxy said, the CTL is also cheep and has awesome reviews, I have one coming in with my T8 so I cant speak from experience yet but I am excited! ($40 or something like that)

The Mutation X is another authentic option. I gave $25 for mine and my $115 authentic Plume Veil now just sits on my build table crying for attention.

SonHouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
Seminole
I recently picked up a Tugboat V2 and a CLT V2, both are really nice. The new Tugboat has AFC and the new CLT has air holes in the negative posts.

As far as clones go Tobeco was terrible for awhile but they've improved quite a bit in the last 6 months or so. I couldn't get my hands on the original plume veil and the Tobeco was pretty good. I think Tobeco is at least as good as EHpro with the exception of the KFL's, EHpro is the clear winner in that dept.
It's a CLT 2, not a CLT V2. The design of the atomizers (CLT, CLT 2) are completely different. It's a great atty though, I put thirty watts through it with a iPV2 and the vapor production is huge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread