The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

RDA ARGH!!! dark horse,little boy,tugboat v2,doge v2,,hobo rda, IT NEVER ENDS!!

Discussion in 'RDA' started by pizza2me, Oct 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SonHouse

SonHouse Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2013
    Seminole
    I have the genuines. Kicks butt and takes names. I'm running mine from 20-35 Watts on a pair of Sigelei 100 Watters and they're amazing. Great flavor, clouds of vapor, huge capacity.

2. sclobernocker47

sclobernocker47 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 1, 2014
    Providence, RI
    I haven't vaped one yet, but I've been eyeing the dark horse every time I stop by the local shop. Its a greay rda.

3. FFPetz

FFPetz Full Member

Oct 30, 2014
    Trenton, NJ
    I love infinite clones. I have a CLT2 and a little boy clone I picked up from my B&M. Both of them have great airflow and oversized tips. I have played with a darkhorse (I believe it's an EHPro clone) and thought that was a little too airy for me, there wasn't enough resistance to the airflow to make me feel like I was getting a fulfilling vape. I did see one next to an authentic and they were 1:1 right down to the copper contact.

4. ToolmanTexas

ToolmanTexas Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    I have Tobeco clones of Tugboat v2, Magma (2 of them) and the Vulcan... all of them are top notch and the prices were ridiculously low, bought them all on ebay.

Also have a TOBH clone that is great also but not sure of manufacturer.

I also have an authentic Wotofo Freakshow which I really like but has been a leaker. Still trying to work thru issues on that but the vape is great and it looks the .... :)

5. kitten frenzy

kitten frenzy Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2014
    Nothing to compare it to since my Dark Horse and Hobo clones won't be here till the end of the week, but I do love my Mutation X V2 clone.

6. Whynot61

Whynot61 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 30, 2014
    Coon Rapids, MN
    I have two Tub Boat V2 clones and love them. Easy to build on and great flavor.

7. Stinkytofus

Stinkytofus Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 30, 2014
    New York City
    clt infinite 2 plus = beast

8. windxrunner

windxrunner Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 23, 2014
    Portland, OR
    Dark Horse = too much airflow by far. If you like feeling like there's no atomizer in your mouth, that open of a draw,,,if you like to build no higher than .15 ohms, it's quite good. If that isn't you , forget about it. You can dial it all the way from WAYYYY too much even for cloud chasing, suitable for about .04 ohms, all the down to WAYYYY too much airflow unless your at .1 ohms. Lol, it's so meh it's ridiculous.

9. DaveSignal

DaveSignal Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 23, 2014
    Maryland
    My usual builds are at .21 and I think the Dark Horse is great. I use the dual coil with the slit airflow, so 6 holes on each side. I get fantastic vapor. I get great flavor with it too... much better than the little boy. The posts are great and so easy. This RDA is what I usually carry around with me all day. Right now, it is my favorite RDA... and I have many.

10. windxrunner

windxrunner Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 23, 2014
    Portland, OR
    Funny, I actually get quite great flavor from the little boy. I use the wide bore top and everything, airflow about 2/3 open, .19 ohms. So dense, so flavorful. The dark horse tastes like nothing to me it is so airy. But that's the beauty of an opinion. What one man likes another will dislike. What I really hate about the dark horse is it is impossible to really close off the airflow to give some restriction to the draw. If you're gonna have adjustable airflow I feel it should be fully adjustable, not just from airy to really airy.

11. AquaLung22

AquaLung22 Moved On

Sep 3, 2014
    NY
    Really digging my CLT v2

12. ToolmanTexas

ToolmanTexas Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    Update... just added a Tobeco Little Boy rda to my collection.. absolutely love it! I'm getting really good flavor, big clouds... running a single coil using 28 gauge kanthal and cotton at 1.2 ohms on my hCigar Hana clone vaping at 13 watts. Using the big bore drip tip.

Plus it looks awesome. I'll be getting another one in black or white for sure!

Love my Tobeco products, fantastic low price and really good build quality.

13. supertrunker

supertrunker Living sarcasm Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2012
    Texas
    Dark Horse, No messing about. ' I vape at 18W yada yada'. Nope.

Best airflow control in the game and your mother can build it. Cheap as chips anyway and you'll hate yourself if you don't get one. Don't go balls to the wind cloud chasing and it's not bad for a flavour vape either.

T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.