RDA ARGH!!! dark horse,little boy,tugboat v2,doge v2,,hobo rda, IT NEVER ENDS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonHouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
Seminole
What about the Hobo V2? I just ordered one out of curiosity and to break my authentic cherry.

I have the genuines. Kicks .... and takes names. I'm running mine from 20-35 Watts on a pair of sigelei 100 Watters and they're amazing. Great flavor, clouds of vapor, huge capacity.

FFPetz

Oct 30, 2014
Trenton, NJ
I love infinite clones. I have a CLT2 and a little boy clone I picked up from my B&M. Both of them have great airflow and oversized tips. I have played with a darkhorse (I believe it's an EHPro clone) and thought that was a little too airy for me, there wasn't enough resistance to the airflow to make me feel like I was getting a fulfilling vape. I did see one next to an authentic and they were 1:1 right down to the copper contact.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I have Tobeco clones of Tugboat v2, Magma (2 of them) and the Vulcan... all of them are top notch and the prices were ridiculously low, bought them all on ebay.

Also have a TOBH clone that is great also but not sure of manufacturer.

I also have an authentic Wotofo Freakshow which I really like but has been a leaker. Still trying to work thru issues on that but the vape is great and it looks the .... :)

windxrunner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Portland, OR
Dark Horse = too much airflow by far. If you like feeling like there's no atomizer in your mouth, that open of a draw,,,if you like to build no higher than .15 ohms, it's quite good. If that isn't you , forget about it. You can dial it all the way from WAYYYY too much even for cloud chasing, suitable for about .04 ohms, all the down to WAYYYY too much airflow unless your at .1 ohms. Lol, it's so meh it's ridiculous.

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
Dark Horse = too much airflow by far. If you like feeling like there's no atomizer in your mouth, that open of a draw,,,if you like to build no higher than .15 ohms, it's quite good. If that isn't you , forget about it. You can dial it all the way from WAYYYY too much even for cloud chasing, suitable for about .04 ohms, all the down to WAYYYY too much airflow unless your at .1 ohms. Lol, it's so meh it's ridiculous.

My usual builds are at .21 and I think the Dark Horse is great. I use the dual coil with the slit airflow, so 6 holes on each side. I get fantastic vapor. I get great flavor with it too... much better than the little boy. The posts are great and so easy. This RDA is what I usually carry around with me all day. Right now, it is my favorite RDA... and I have many.

windxrunner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Portland, OR
Funny, I actually get quite great flavor from the little boy. I use the wide bore top and everything, airflow about 2/3 open, .19 ohms. So dense, so flavorful. The dark horse tastes like nothing to me it is so airy. But that's the beauty of an opinion. What one man likes another will dislike. What I really hate about the dark horse is it is impossible to really close off the airflow to give some restriction to the draw. If you're gonna have adjustable airflow I feel it should be fully adjustable, not just from airy to really airy.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I have Tobeco clones of Tugboat v2, Magma (2 of them) and the Vulcan... all of them are top notch and the prices were ridiculously low, bought them all on ebay.

Also have a TOBH clone that is great also but not sure of manufacturer.

I also have an authentic Wotofo Freakshow which I really like but has been a leaker. Still trying to work thru issues on that but the vape is great and it looks the .... :)

Update... just added a Tobeco Little Boy rda to my collection.. absolutely love it! I'm getting really good flavor, big clouds... running a single coil using 28 gauge kanthal and cotton at 1.2 ohms on my hCigar Hana clone vaping at 13 watts. Using the big bore drip tip.

Plus it looks awesome. I'll be getting another one in black or white for sure!

Love my Tobeco products, fantastic low price and really good build quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread