The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

RDA ARGH!!! dark horse,little boy,tugboat v2,doge v2,,hobo rda, IT NEVER ENDS!!

Discussion in 'RDA' started by pizza2me, Oct 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. pizza2me

pizza2me Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 1, 2010
    Maryland
    Everytime I get around to making up my mind about a few RDAs. They keep pumping them out. That is GOOD!!! But, it sure can be mind boggling.

I just got used to my 454, Plume Veil and Veritas. Digging all of them. But, now I GOTTA try a couple more.

Any suggestions on the above? clones

And is Tobeco just as good as Ehpro these days? I keep hearing both sides of the story.

2. roxynoodle

roxynoodle Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    An authentic Doge is under $40 :). I have one and its quite the cloud chucker. Sorryy, don't have the others to compare for you. But, when the authentic is that inexpensive, why take a chance with clones?

• Like Like x 1
  3. TomGeorge

TomGeorge Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 29, 2014
    Buffalo/Rochester
    To add to what roxy said, the CTL is also cheep and has awesome reviews, I have one coming in with my T8 so I cant speak from experience yet but I am excited! ($40 or something like that)

Since I got my Tobeco Plume Veil I haven't even really wanted another dripper, but maybe thats just me

4. SLIPPY_EEL

SLIPPY_EEL Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 11, 2013
    Ω England Ω
    there are so many atty's that are virtually the same thing, there is another atty out and about you havent mentioned, the lancia looks cool but i dont think i will buy it, i have come to the conclusion that coil placement in relation to your airflow is more important than the next new name.
    tis why a lot of people like the magma, cus its hard not to get your coil in a good position, i never liked the magma style and always get better all round performance from atty's such as plumeveil, tobh, mephisto, atomic & asmodus etc..... to many people put their coil's in the center of the well to far from the air inflow and then say they didnt like the atty's :) sorry for the rambling's lol

5. wonkeypickle

wonkeypickle Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2013
    'murrikka
    authentic dark horse rocks my socks, can't vouch for anything else listed.

if your plumy let ya down, i'd say give the dark horse a shot. crazy airflow options, and a great deck to build on.

6. DaveSignal

DaveSignal Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 23, 2014
    Maryland
    I have an authentic dark horse, authentic tugboat v2, authentic doge, and clone little boy.

They are all great, the tugboat v2 is probably my favorite... with the flawless steam stack top cap though. This cap makes it so much better.

I don't like the stock top cap on the doge. Its too big, doesn't fit all of my drip tips, and I think the design wrecks the flavor a bit. I have a competition cap coming in the mail and hope it fixes the doge top cap issues.

The dark horse is so easy to build ridiculous cloud chasing coils. I occasionally drip through the drip top, but I think it would be easier if the top cap wasn't screw on.
    The little boy is just like the dark horse except with slightly less airflow options and the way that the turrets on the deck are positioned makes it harder to set the coils in front of the air slots. If your not careful, its possible to spin the positive post too... this is not an issue with the dark horse, since the posts are not circular.

7. KC33

KC33 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2013
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL USA
    I recently picked up a Tugboat V2 and a CLT V2, both are really nice. The new Tugboat has AFC and the new CLT has air holes in the negative posts.

As far as clones go Tobeco was terrible for awhile but they've improved quite a bit in the last 6 months or so. I couldn't get my hands on the original plume veil and the Tobeco was pretty good. I think Tobeco is at least as good as EHpro with the exception of the KFL's, EHpro is the clear winner in that dept.

8. dc99

dc99 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    The tobeco magma is spot on. Its actually my favorite at the moment. Not really a cloud chasers dream but it has the best flavor of all my drippers. Can never go wrong with the tug boat. Very simple but easy to build and chunks clouds. You are correct hough, before you get them in the mail there will be 10 new ones out.

9. pizza2me

Aug 1, 2010
    Maryland
    OK. Sounding like dark horse, tugboat v2 and little boy

Anybody know if Tobeco makes them as good as EHPRO. I'm a cheap bashted. But I like quality. I've seen great from both. These days..

10. rdnallday

rdnallday Full Member Verified Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Vancouver, BC,Canada
    Tobeco and Infinite make pretty good clones imho. I'm always watching for what they pump out next.

11. Kemosabe

Kemosabe Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Roe Dylin
    How bout that hobo? Or a n22 (looks like a magma style well but with different air flow)

Also the Science of Vaping rda clone looks unique with a large well and top air holes that are angled to blow air at the coils as you draw.

FT has the hobo and the SV rda, gvapers has the n22 clone. I think it's a preorder.

12. windxrunner

windxrunner Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 23, 2014
    Portland, OR
    I love my Tugboat v2. Got the media blasted. And I just ordered a polished Steamboat RDA by Lawless (lol). Because why not get another Tugboat v2 for $19 shipped? It's my favorite atomizer right now.

13. pizza2me

Aug 1, 2010
    Maryland
    Yeah. Was thinking of the hobo too Tobeco good? And who made your tugboat v2 wind?

14. rdnallday

rdnallday Full Member Verified Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Vancouver, BC,Canada
    My fave for clouds today would be my Infinite CLT2, flavor the Infinite Magma, or Authentic Vulcan

15. pizza2me

Aug 1, 2010
    Maryland
    Patriot? Apollo? Simple ones for noobs?

16. dablacksails

dablacksails Full Member

Oct 15, 2014
    New Haven, CT, USA
    My Tobecco Plume Veil clone is having a small problem... The gold plating on the deck is starting to scratch off... Becoming a bit weary about continuous use at this point. To OP, if you buy a Plume Veil clone make sure the deck isn't gold plated (if it's even real gold plating...).

17. TomGeorge

TomGeorge Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 29, 2014
    Buffalo/Rochester
    Interesting...I havent had this issue but I have also been leaving my coils in and just rewicking, quite a bit. I will keep an eye out for that now tho, thanks for the heads up!

18. jaxgator

jaxgator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 24, 2014
    Jacksonville, FL
    The Mutation X is another authentic option. I gave $25 for mine and my $115 authentic Plume Veil now just sits on my build table crying for attention.

19. Mikepresjr

Mikepresjr Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2014
    Claremore, OK
    What about the Hobo V2? I just ordered one out of curiosity and to break my authentic cherry.

20. SonHouse

SonHouse Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2013
    Seminole
    It's a CLT 2, not a CLT V2. The design of the atomizers (CLT, CLT 2) are completely different. It's a great atty though, I put thirty watts through it with a iPV2 and the vapor production is huge!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.