Ask the OLDIES!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joyce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2010
West Virginia
Well, thanks to the extended juice sale, (thanks, SMILIN!) I was able to place an order for some 0 nic WOW Vanilla, which I think should blend well with all of the fruit carts I ordered, if I like it. I'll try the reverse Taryn Spin, after I've sampled a hit or two plain. Thanks, Granny M. And Taryn!

Last edited:

Joyce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2010
West Virginia
I stick to 8mg because my e-cig is rarely out of my mouth

Yeah, I diluted my 11 mg Coffee juice about half and half with 0 mg WOW Cowboy, and have also been vaping some 4 mg Premium Clove. I haven't missed the nic as far as I can tell. I think I'm more addicted to the smoking habit than the nicotine. :)

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
The hand to mouth habit is very stong! That is my downfall. If I don't vape while on the computer I will eat!
I can vape 0nic to 11mg. 18mg tends to be a bit high for me.
If your favorite juice happens to be out in the strengh you want try getting some 0 nic and some 36 mg =18mg. 2) 0 nic and 1 36 mg=9mg ect. I wish I had grabbed some 0nic grape while it was there!

SmokingBullet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2010
Southern Utal
when I started vaping I tried a ton of flavors which of course were nothing like what I smoked which was menthol. This led me to want a normal cig. I then switched over to a menthol that was the closest thing to what I smoked, it worked. I also find that starting the day with a menthol (as I did when I smoked) would take care of the 'need' or 'want' to smoke a real cigarette.

I smoked lights, so I kept my liquid at about the same nicotine as my normal cigarettes. It worked for me.

chopsuey1562

Jun 26, 2010
Shreveport, LA
Ok this is a two parter

Cartomizers:
So I ordered some blank ones that are on the way and this is the first time im going to fill my own. So I read that your supposed to do things such as dry burn them or whatever before you get them? Can anyone explain what that means and what are the ways to clean them up? I cant access youtube here so that makes it harder to look stuff up. Also what style of carto does V4L use?

Mods: So I feel like I'm missing something. I started at 36 mg and worked my way down I got to around 12mg and was like is anything even happening. There was no strength to the cartos and the TH was non existent. I tried looking in the MODers forum but i had no idea what anyone was talking about. Ive been vaping for over a year now and have stuck with V4L the whole time. I dont even know if I can mod anything I have to help strengthen the lesser nicotine. Im back up to 36 and its almost like im getting used to it because im not getting the TH im used to. Can anyone go over what type of equipment V4L uses and what type of mods are out there and what to search for?

Thank you

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
I have been using cartos for over a year..Dry Vaping is the worst thing you can do..just toss that puppy out! I assume dry burning is the same thing. keep those cartos wet!
Cleaning is up to you. All I do hold my cartos under hot running water after removing the white end cap. Shake them out like a thermometer and let them dry and drain in an upright position on a paper towel. P.G. kills germs so you don't need to do it very often if you are refilling with a like or same juice.

Mods: It's a crap shoot. Everyone has a fav, every one hates others. I fell into the trap as a new vapor and bought 3. The most expensive just had NO power and short lived batteries..but it was COOL (pretty ring of lights). The least expensive was a box mod made by a member of ECF who no longer vapes, smokes or posts. It was $25.00 and I still use it and love it! My other was a lady pipe..love it! But they are not known for long life or a battery that lasts more then an hour or two..so I use it as a treat.
I have tried the big mods at the Florida Vapor Club meets and I can say MEH! Yeah they hit like a boxing kangaroo but they don't seem to convey any flavor. If Throat hit is what you want...there are others who can advise you..I just think most are boy toys and not worth spit.

keyzygirl

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Key West,Fl.
You dry burn attys NOT cartos.It will ruin them.They are ready to fill,just add juice.All vapor4life batts are 3.7.When I needed more TH and vapor I switched to a 5v mod.It made it better and I didnt have to raise my nic level.I had gone down from 24mg to 12mg.Im still at 12 and with the 5v its great.The V4L passthru is 5v if you like that then try a 5v mod.PM me if you have any questions.Good luck!!

ValleyGirl

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2010
Van Nuys, CA
Okay, oldies...great thread, btw. I read all the way to the last page and now I think this is a stupid question because no one else has asked it yet. I don't want to be out and about somewhere and discover that my cartomizer is dry. How do I know when it's running low...BEFORE I burn it to where I have to throw it away? I took the end cap off of about 3 or 4 of them last night - some brand new/unused, some barely used, and some "my god this thing has GOT to be almost empty by now"...and the filler looks dry on all of them to me. I don't want to needlessly drip juice into a cartridge that's already full, and don't want to fry any of them either. :?:

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
What I do is use the rubber endcap(condom) half filled with juice. Then dip the carto (I dip the white end so I can see the liquid bubble up) in the condom until you see the liquid bubble up. If it's almost full it will bubble up right away. If it's almost empty..then it will take the whole thing and maybe more.

I blow out from the white end of the carto into a tissue to clear the center hole. You can pour left over juice back into it's bottle by popping off the dripper end of the bottle. Waste not, want not.

I don't drip..I always manage to put the liquid down the center hole and have to blow it out anyway..or risk a mouthfull.

I can tell my carto is almost done by the lower vapor and low taste. If it's not my battery blinking then it's a drying carto.

ValleyGirl

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2010
Van Nuys, CA
Hmmm. So if I top off the carts in the evening while I'm zoning out in front of the t.v., I should be good to go for the next day at the office as long as I have 2 or 3 of them with me? Or do you guys carry the juice with you as well? ( I am sorta paranoid that it would leak out and ruin one of my handbags if I tried that!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread