Status
Not open for further replies.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
The new Nautilus BVC coils are an improvement on taste, but definitely flood too easily. It's starting to drive me mad, so I'm looking for an alternative.

I remember hearing about some coils that were made by another company that were designed fit in place of BVCs? I think they were more expensive, maybe from Europe.

Basically I just need to try something else that will fit in my set tank that takes Nautilus BVC's. Any suggestions?

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    The thing with the Nautilus tanks (I have 6 of them) is PATIENCE.
    - the air flow is restrictive as heck (even on the maximum setting)
    - in a package of 5 sometimes one or more coils will be even more restrictive

Yes, if you draw to hard on them they will flood. If you draw to hard and your voltage/power level is to low they will flood.

They are great for "toodle puffing" - weak, slow and long pulls.

Reactions: drysprocket

Iffy

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Florida Suncoast
    BVCs and flooding is a totally foreign concept to moi! And I've used 'em in my Nautili since dey hit da market.

IMHO, Nautilus leaking or flooding is near totally operator error. As fer an occasional sub-standard head, yepper can and will happen.

BTW, I'll buy any sealed Aspire Nautilus BVCs anyone isn't happy with at tin cup prices!

drysprocket

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 11, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Oh course, Beyondvape was one of the one's I was blanking on, thanks Cloudmann! I forgot that they made them with the Silo.

And I hear what the rest of you are saying...I think it might be my tank- I'm using the Anyvape Peakomizer 2 Mega22mm, it's a fantastic tank and the old coils never flooded on it, but the new ones with bigger holes do. I think it's something to do with it top-filling. Much the time it's just never the same after I refill, no matter what I do.

I've been through hell and back with BVC's and finally figured out how to make them work great for a long time. But this new tank and new coils= new problems. I just can't go back to Nautilus land, so hoping some coils do the trick. We shall see.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 11, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Also consider a set of TC coils for the Nautilus if you have a TC mod. The iStick 40W TC is going to be quite affordable, if not. Preordered mine for $31, shipped. Get the vapordna nickel 0.25 ohm coils, and the TC coils just might set you straight.

Good call. Where did you pre-order for that cheap, over seas? I'm just waiting for them to hit US vendors and I'm pulling the trigger.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 11, 2014
    Los Angeles

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 31, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    The new Nautilus BVC coils are an improvement on taste, but definitely flood too easily. It's starting to drive me mad, so I'm looking for an alternative.

I remember hearing about some coils that were made by another company that were designed fit in place of BVCs? I think they were more expensive, maybe from Europe.

Basically I just need to try something else that will fit in my set tank that takes Nautilus BVC's. Any suggestions?
    SHPROKETS, have you ever tried rebuilding an OCC coil? I haven't bought a blister pack in forever.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 11, 2014
    Los Angeles
    SHPROKETS, have you ever tried rebuilding an OCC coil? I haven't bought a blister pack in forever.

Ack, I know I really should...I'm just too lazy. I may look into it again though. At this point I'm hoping that the Triton 1.8 coils are a game changer in some way. They're gonna be expensive, so they would have to last twice as long as a BVC.

Reactions: WharfRat1976

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2015
    North Charleston, SC
    Ack, I know I really should...I'm just too lazy. I may look into it again though. At this point I'm hoping that the Triton 1.8 coils are a game changer in some way. They're gonna be expensive, so they would have to last twice as long as a BVC.
    Just ordered a Triton today, too... looks promising.

nvadasz

ECF Veteran
    Dec 8, 2014
    Beverly Hills, Fl, USA

I've been using the Nautilus Mini for over 6 months and here's what I find: If you buy several coils at once, it seems likely that if you have one shaky coil, seems like you'll have two in the strip of coils. Bummer...but I have also found that by jacking your watts up for a bit (5-10 hits) then take the mouth piece out and clean it, pull the coil out and dry it off with a paper towel, clean the drippy juice off your contacts and battery...you'll be good to go. Just seems once they (the mini's) flood, you gotta clean all the extra juice out, too include blowing the juice from the air holes. Really IMO there's not a better tasting atty, but can be a bit temperamental at times.

Panorama911

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 24, 2012
    Kansas
    Beyond Vape makes their own bvc coils for the original Silo tank. They work fine in the Nautilus. They have them in 1.8 and 1.6 ohms. A bit pricey, but they apparently rock (never personally used them):

Beyond Vape Silo BVC Replacement Coil 1.6ohm 5-pack [ei-bv-sil-bvc-coi-1.6-5pk] - $18.99 : Beyond Vape, Premium Vaporizers and E-Cigarettes

Beyond Vape Silo BVC Replacement Coil 1.8ohm 5-pack [ei-bv-sil-bvc-coi-1.8-5pk] - $18.99 : Beyond Vape, Premium Vaporizers and E-Cigarettes
    I highly doubt they make their own, could but doubt it. Where is Beyond Vapes factory? hummm...OK look at the box and the packaging, sure looks like the Aspire packs. I will say they are Aspire coils and contracted to be packaged in Beyond Vapes name. And the price:shock:...whoa....Fact....there is another vape site in CA that, and this going back a couple years, that actually has a contract with Vision to re brand the CE4 and 5 style carts with just a different name(name of the vape shop I refer to)....Actually a common practice.:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread