Aspire Nautilus Mini BVC w/Larger Wicking Holes, Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
*I posted this in the Aspire Forums, but wanted to get some Feedback from my fellow ECF members*

Hi,
I bought a Aspire Nautilus Mini Premium Starter kit that came with the 1000mah VV+ battery a few months ago. It came with a 5 pack of 1.8 Ohm BVC coils. I have since bought 3, 5 packs of coils from 101Vape. They have all worked great, but 101Vape has ran out of stock.

I bought 2, 5 packs of 1.8 Ohm BVC coils from WORLDofVAPE. They came in the mail today and they also work (better) great, but they are not physically the same. They have the same markings and threading and post, but the wicking holes are 3 times larger. They are not in the middle, but run along the top of the threading. They say Aspire BVC 1.8 (3.3-6.0) CE and have the trash can picture on them. The packaging is exactly as the first 3 sets of 5 packs I have bought (including the pack that came with the kit). I have checked every security code and they all come back genuine.

Why do the BVC coils from World of Vape have larger intake holes on them? Are these a newer improved design? Did you start using different equipment or specifications to produce the BVC? Are these a different coil meant for a different tank? I would really like to know so that I can order the exact ones again in the future as I don't know when World of Vape will run out of stock. Any feedback would be great!

Aspire makes two different versions of BVC coils, one specifically for the Nautilus and Nautilus Mini and the other for clearomizers like the CE5, ET-S, etc. Are you sure you bought the correct version?

The other ones don't have the same design. They have different threads or the holes/slots are in the middle... These have the same exact design, but the holes are much larger. They also work much better.

Aspire Nautilus BVC Coils (Pack of 5) - $10.95 - WORLDofVAPE

Last edited:
wernt they going to stop using the ceramic wick material and use cotton? read it on here somewhere after the reactions to the unknowns of the wicking material.

That's why I am asking on here. If they have new ones out, they aren't listed any differently at any websites I have seen. The Aspire packaging/blister pack has not changed, but the BVC's themselves have. I hope someone that uses the Nautilus BVC's can look and see if they have the larger holes or not. Being as this was a sale, I would figure it would be old stock not new stock...

caferacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2015
Los Angeles
wernt they going to stop using the ceramic wick material and use cotton? read it on here somewhere after the reactions to the unknowns of the wicking material.

Was just about to post the same thing. I don't remember there being a definitive answer as to whether or not the new coils are on the market yet. Hopefully they are, as I too had concerns about the wicking material in the BVCs.

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
I got one pack of the "big holes" model yesterday, from a canadian distributor. It came with a small black and orange card inside the package saying:

Warning
When using a new atomizer, let the tank stand for 2 minutes, so the cotton can be saturated with juice before firing. Do not let the tank become completely empty. Refill the tank to avoid dry burning or damage to the atomizer.

I haven't disasembled one yet to see if the material is indeed cotton. The packages with the small hole model did not have such card inside at all.

so no word about the material inside.....

Just pulled one apart. It doesn't crumble like I have seen in videos, but when you pull the material apart you can still see there is a fiber of sorts mixed in with the cotton. It didn't leave a film or dust on my fingers, but I was able to see a few clearish fibers that broke out of the pad.

Good eye noticing that, I just went and checked some of mine from evape, most don't have the bigger hole but the last order from them I threw in a pack to get the free shipping and it has the bigger holes.

I just ordered 2 more packs of them and the hollowed out steel sleeve/glass for the Mini. It's going to be like a whole new tank haha ;)

That's what I'm thinking, you said the new ones work a lot better. I have a bunch of the older ones to go through.

I never had a problem with the old ones using 50/50, if I properly primed them. I did buy a couple single ones from a local B & M and they both wouldn't wick. I bet they were really old. The ones from 101Vape and the pack that came with the kit all worked great. I think the first one I tried I burned out trying to use it as soon as I filled the tank. I also found that hitting it at 3.8 then 4.2 then after 5 mins 4.8 and 5.2 volts it would wick very well. After the 5.2V hit I would drop it back down to 4.2V where I normally vape at. I do turn up to 4.8 sometimes when I'm chain vaping to get the juices flowing haha... I have found a few juices that didn't like to wick (RY4s). My ADV is Moon Mountain, Cosmo's Custard. I just can't get enough of it!!! I even add it to RY4s to make them smooth and wick better. The larger holes of the new BVC should help with wicking. I'll have to go through all of my juices now again and even try some Max VGs in my Mini...

I don't have any problems with the old ones either, still looking forward to trying the new design though.

I would put in the comments that you want the new ones with larger intake holes on them. I did email them also asking them if they knew about them being any different and they responded that theirs are authentic and they can't say that about other sites. I responded to them that Aspire replied to me that they are indeed new and improved design. You have to buy two packs, but the price is great! Aspire Nautilus BVC Coils (Pack of 5) - $10.95 - WORLDofVAPE (*I bought the 1.8 Ohm*)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread