Aspire Bottom Vertical Coil and Nautilus Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Bavington

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
brooksville fl
good day every one I seen this post and decided I'd chime inhere's some things I've learned somethings from other people I have owned by Nautilus for two weeks now destroyed 6 coils one thing I've just learned about my tank today if I loosen the top cap bubble one or two to come out immediately from the atomizer holes obviously priming the wick so it makes sense to take the vacuum off it allows the fluid to flow into the atomizer I vape right around a 20 PG at 80VG mix I run across a post about a gentleman using the second smallest hole on the air adjustment and running real low wattage I'm using - 7 watts right now myself I love flavor and hate harsh throat hits the first thing I did wrong when receiving my Nautilus was watch everybody
vaping at h!i watts on YouTube and figuring I would run mine at 12 watts or less rong I did have one run at 12 what's matter fact it seems 13 and a half I used a atomizer that I re pack myselfit was totally useless because I lost the flavor gave me great respect for the people building It only took me two days to make it on the other hand I did notice a trend on all the atomizers the wicks in the wicking material in mine seemed to be cotton none of this other stuff I heard about out there that I've read okay with that out of the way but I noticed is there be one of the wicks or plugged up with the black gooey juice I believe it's the juice being burnt to the wick therefore not allow thim to loaded the coil right vape but poor to no flavor now here's my opinion is just an opinion because I heard about putting a couple of drops of juice on the around the coil on the atomizer before you start to use it to help prime it that's what I did that's the I believe thats the second .mistake I made that said give you the sensation after a few drawls you know that low wattage then it picked up the prime then I would run it up to about 7 watts and get a dry X dry hit damages it before I get chance to run 2 millimeters of juice then a friend of mine up north told me he fills his up the night before he's going to use it after installing a new atomizer has absolutely no problems I tried it with mine so far knock on wood I'm having the same results no problems solution losen the cap just a little bit before I vape on it in the morning after installing new atomizer i see three or four bubble s any other tricks anybody knows please feel free to let me know thank you

Last edited:

djej

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2011
Dallas
Does anyone know if there are true dual coil nautilus replacement heads, other than the original BDC? My istick is too much for the BVC, which is actually a single coil this time around from what I've read.

I tried an old EMDCC 510 on the istick, which is a 1.5 ohm dual coil carto, and it was pretty much perfect, but on the next refill, it didn't taste the same - those old carto days came right back into my memory! I like the aspire nautilus a lot, and my istick as well, I'm just trying to get them to play nicer together.

I really think I just need a higher resistance coil, or a true dual coil design of some sort, to give me more control over the lower end of the voltage capabilities of the istick (which is difficult when fully charged).

I'm weary of ordering the original BDC for the nautilus, because the BVC's are the "improved" version, and considered the standard now. I want to go forward even more, not backwards if you catch my drift :)

Last edited:

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
4.2v at 1.6ohm is only 11watts. Thats assuming the Istick is at a full charge. I run my Nautilus on both my IPV Mini at 11watts and Istick on the minimum volt setting without issue.

As far as i know, the Aspire BDC is the only dual coil available.

Have you tried the 1.8ohm BVC? That comes in just under 10watts at 4.2v.

Banana Vap70

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2014
AZ, USA
I got my 2 Nautilus mini yesterday. Took them apart cleaned and then re installed the pre installed coil. One was loaded with a 100% VG and the other with a 60% VG juice. After waiting about 15 minutes started vaping on the one with the 100VG, it took a few hits to get a good vapor and then I was off and running.

A few different times last night I notice the vapor dropped off some, but them came back up, thinking maybe wicking issue? Today it was okay first thing this morning, didn't vape on most of the morning, but then by this afternoon, gurgling and no vapor. Thought here we go, so I thought maybe it's the stock coil so I put in a replacement to see what happens.

In the meantime while waiting for it to wick a bit, I put on the other one that had the 60%VG on and had the exact same thing happen, this one was hit on maybe 3 or 4 times last night. Tried taking the tank apart and blowing it out, used q-tip on the drip tip, didn't make any difference.

Any idea's what it is or what I'm doing wrong before I end up blowing through coils like I have read some others have done?

Banana Vap70

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2014
AZ, USA
it seems it depends on which juice u use, some clogs the coils and/or wick it seems imo.
mine starts out great then slowly drops off the second to third tank, higher wattage seems to help it out say between 13-15 watts

That confuses me too, I thought that 8 watts would be pushing it for a 1.8 ohm coil? I'm just going based on the chart that everyone referred me to when I fist started vaping.

Either way I am very disappointed with these tank or coils what ever the cause. The juice that I have tried are so different from each other that I can't imagine any coil being that specific to a juice, but I guess it's possible. I think that is just a catch all.

I mean when the symptoms are gurgling, spatting and low vapor production, are those symptoms of the coil not getting enough juice or too much juice. If I let it sit for a few hours then I can take a few hits from it, but within maybe 2 to 4 hits, it starts acting up again.

I had read something about "newer"coils with larger intake holes......sounds like that in of itself seems like an admission that there were a lot of people having issues. I wish I had seen that post prior to my purchase, I would have asked more questions.

I am more disappointed in this tank then the pro tank II mini when I got it.

Banana Vap70

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2014
AZ, USA
Well I switched over to watts and cranked it up to 11 watts which is as high as I can go on my Itaste......seems for now, to be working. Of course it does, the reason I went with the Nautilus Mini rather then the new protank or delta was so that I wouldn't have to upgrade yet. Well if it keeps working like it is now, I have nothing to complain about.

Oh wait there is one thing, I now have two tiny shards of metal in my finger from screwing the coils in, the first time I thought it just sliced my finger, but now I can see both pieces of metal in there. Making mental note to self to not use bare fingers to do this anymore. Maybe take closer look at coils to make sure they are free from any left overs so to speak from machining.

rhammer186

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
NY
Question:

I just replaced my coils (1.8 BVC) about 5 days ago. I only vaped about 6mL of juice in it since then bc I rotate tanks but can already taste a burnt flavor coming through and the airflow is very tight, even on the largest hole. I looked down the coil and saw that the mesh is showing grey soot-like dirt on it. I stuck a tissue down and got more brownish/grey dirt. I see this in the other coils as well. These coils should last way longer than just 6-10mL of juice.

I only vape at 8.3 and the liquid in this particular tank is a light one. G-men (menthol guava) 50/50 6mg from MVB. Most of my juices are 80 VG 20 PG and are also having this issue.

Why are the coils gunking up so quickly?

Last edited:

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
Question:

I just replaced my coils (1.8 BVC) about 5 days ago. I only vaped about 6mL of juice in it since bc I rotate tanks but can already taste a burnt flavor coming through and the airflow is very tight, even on the largest hole. I looked down the coil and saw that the mesh is showing grey soot-like dirt on it. I stuck a tissue down and got more brownish/grey dirt. I see this in the other coils as well. These coils should last way longer than just 6-10mL of juice.

I only vape at 8.3 and the liquid in this particular tank is a light one. G-men (menthol guava) 50/50 6mg from MVB

Why are the coils gunking up so quickly?
i vape it at 11 watts and i realized if i bump up the voltage it seems to clear it up somewhat, it will last a "little" longer , i then removed the afc ring wich helped it out a little more.
saying that im hooked onto my subtank mini, the nautilus doesnt compare, the subtank is a different animal i know but i cant seem to pick up my nautilus anymore

Last edited:

todd0864

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
USA
I don't have the mini yet, but I am debating on getting another regular nautilus or the mini. I have had the regular for a week now and have run almost a full 30ml bottle through it with the stock 1.8 BVC coil and have not noticed it going bad yet. I prefer it over my kfl lite plus clone now. Running it at about 12.5-14 watts with the large air hole on my IPV2 and not one dry hit yet. Juice is Screwberry 50/50 I believe. The mini and the regular take the same coils, right?

rhammer186

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
NY
i vape it at 11 watts and i realized if i bump up the voltage it seems to clear it up somewhat, it will last a "little" longer , i then removed the afc ring wich helped it out a little more.
saying that im hooked onto my subtank mini, the nautilus doesnt compare, the subtank is a different animal i know but i cant seem to pick up my nautilus anymore

I tried bumping it up but all I get is a worse burnt flavor.

is the subtank mini a rebuild-able RTA? I tried going that route but its a bit too intense for me. (and I have yet to master the right amount of wick :( )

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
I tried bumping it up but all I get is a worse burnt flavor.

is the subtank mini a rebuild-able RTA? I tried going that route but its a bit too intense for me. (and I have yet to master the right amount of wick :( )

its ur choice it comes w/a seperate rba deck(to build ur own coil but comes with coil already installed, just wick it)
it also comes w/a 0.5 and 1.2 ohm premade coil
premade coil are easy to rewick and fairly easy to recoil.
price for premade coil for a pack of 5 are comparable to aspires premade coils

rhammer186

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
NY
its ur choice it comes w/a seperate rba deck(to build ur own coil but comes with coil already installed, just wick it)
it also comes w/a 0.5 and 1.2 ohm premade coil
premade coil are easy to rewick and fairly easy to recoil.
price for premade coil for a pack of 5 are comparable to aspires premade coils

The current mod I have (and the only one for now) is the istick. I dont think it can handle anything lower than 1.0 ohms. What would be the best mod for that subtank?

I really love the nautilus mini when it works. I have 2 authentic tanks and 1 clone (It was the first tank I bought and didnt know it was a clone when I got it) Sadly, the clone doesnt give me issues at all, but then again, I'm not using the Aspire BVC coils with it. The Aspire BVC coils with the authentic tank gives me better flavor, but I have to troubleshoot the gurgling issues too often....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread