Atomizers and NET liquids, what do you use to vape them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I keep trying to find a replacement for my Origens but still wind up using them about 80% of the time with NET's. The ease of use and flavor is unrivaled. I have four Origen clones and spent $10 for each of them as the local B&M was closing them out a while back (except the first one I bought as it was $20 when it was of newish style). Best $50 I ever spent. The Velocity is close but dripping in the dark at night is a pain, at least for me it is.

LOL, we need to come up with a special clip on light for our mods for night dripping.

Reactions: Vicman

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
LOL, we need to come up with a special clip on light for our mods for night dripping.
Would probably be a huge market for half blind former smokers who can't see at night like me. Although, usually use a pen which has a flashlight but end up losing the pen so have to dig around the cushions of the couch until I find it. Lose that more than the remote I tell ya...LOL

Reactions: anavidfan

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
this might work for some box mods?

sku_347011_1_small.jpg

Original-Flexible-USB-LED-Night-light-Book-lamp-For-Laptops-Notebook-Mobile-Power-Charger-Camping-Book.jpg

Think Im getting this one:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BWU18S0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=APKKUUOXR4IU2

51HZxn2v6YL._SY355_.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Vicman

yourgurnard

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
London
Is there a place someone could suggest that I can find paper 2.5 micron filters that are more economical?
There's quite a few links for Ahlstrom filter papers on Amazon over at the 'Liquid Extraction from Tobacco' section...more of a 'challenge' finding 'em in the UK tho'! :facepalm:

yourgurnard

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
London
Have a Newbie on My Nemi!
FT Le Magister clone; usual build:- 2x 1ohm 26g Nichrome with S/S rope/400 mesh wicks.
It's not bad! Flavour's good, well holds a lot of juice & it looks cute! Reckon I'll have to grind the bottom of the AFC ring tho'...it's ever so slightly proud when the top cap goes down. Fiddly to build using 2 coils (guess I've been spoilt by the Origen's hole drilled thru' the top of the pos. post..!) esp. as the post is too short really...The other niggle is that 'cos it uses a 'Next-Gen' type deck/510 that screws down into the base; it's easy to start un-doing the base as You screw it down onto the mod! Reverse threading here would've helped!
It's not gonna beat My Origens!....But it was around £3/$5!!!

yourgurnard

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
London
nextgen clone for my nets. i can go thru 10ml before needing to dryburn.
10ml!?...I get 10mins!! :)
I love the Next-Gen, have 2 FT clones. Sadly, they're only practical for Hangsen when out & about. My NETs are in-sufficiently filtered I know but the state of the centre pin after I'd 1st put a couple of tanks thru' made Me realise that they were impractical...Need FT to start stocking spares!

usr/

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2013
N. Alabama
I think Im going to use PG. Hopefully it will still be smooth.

The only tank Ive been able to use with my NETs are the Taifun GSII. On some NETS Ive actually been able to go thru 6mls, but usually its a tankful and wick off and coils cleaned. I think the fact that you dont have to dump the liquid to access the wick and coil is a great plus.

Hey guys. Wanted to jump in this thread with a question about the Taifun GSll. Picked one up several weeks ago from FroginFog along with an Achilles. Just now getting around to using it. I use pretty high PG %'s 12mg/nic, 50-70 usually, with my NET's. Watched this French guy on YT build one just to see what he did with the feeder sleeves that come with it. He just used them just like they came. Unless he used high VG, this thing flooded bad with my mix. I kinda figured it would! :lol:. So I took a couple of ss mesh tubes out of one of my GS tanks that fit perfectly into the plastic sleeves that come with the GSll. The airflow is perfect for a semi lung hit and finishing with a MTL. This gives a solid TH along with a smokey tobacco stinging in the nose that is perfect with the NET's, without any flooding at all. My old Taifun GS's have always been solid performers with my NET's, once the feeders are dialed in, and this GSll looks like it won't disappoint either. Just wondering if anybody using one of these are adding ss feeder wicks in the sleeves or using it as is, or with cotton. I've always used the ss mesh tubes leaving a hole in the middle the size of a straight pin. Just curious how your feeding the wick or do you use it as a dripper?

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Hey guys. Wanted to jump in this thread with a question about the Taifun GSll. Picked one up several weeks ago from FroginFog along with an Achilles. Just now getting around to using it. I use pretty high PG %'s 12mg/nic, 50-70 usually, with my NET's. Watched this French guy on YT build one just to see what he did with the feeder sleeves that come with it. He just used them just like they came. Unless he used high VG, this thing flooded bad with my mix. I kinda figured it would! :lol:. So I took a couple of ss mesh tubes out of one of my GS tanks that fit perfectly into the plastic sleeves that come with the GSll. The airflow is perfect for a semi lung hit and finishing with a MTL. This gives a solid TH along with a smokey tobacco stinging in the nose that is perfect with the NET's, without any flooding at all. My old Taifun GS's have always been solid performers with my NET's, once the feeders are dialed in, and this GSll looks like it won't disappoint either. Just wondering if anybody using one of these are adding ss feeder wicks in the sleeves or using it as is, or with cotton. I've always used the ss mesh tubes leaving a hole in the middle the size of a straight pin. Just curious how your feeding the wick or do you use it as a dripper?

I too had problems using the plastic tubes and went ahead and did the mesh straws. I use heavy VG and use a mid range density for the mesh, with a pin sized hole.

Since you said you used the older version and have experience with the mesh, Id go ahead and use that method. I use very gunky, thick NET and they do well in the GSII. WIth my even dirtier , NETs I keep those for my Origen Dripper.

Hope that helps....

Reactions: usr/

yourgurnard

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
London
New Kit alert!...
Rec'd My clone In'Ax Hybrid Dripper/Mech. from G/Best on the 31st.
Really like it! It uses hollow ceramic wicks that slide over the pos. pin (c/w 5x spares..).
The taste is really clean & 'neutral', so much so that I'm seriously thinking about sourcing some ceramic wicks for My Origen drippers...shame that the supplied wicks don't fit the Next-Gen, that's half the reason I bought it!
Oh, & the thread/pitch is the same as one of My Nemi clones, so I can use it with '650s too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread