Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
Milwaukee
Hi folks.
So today I got a mech. When I switched my bats, one wouldn't fit. Diameter was too big. They are both aw 18650 imr's. Same specs. So I compared them. Very different. The one that's wider is longer as well. I know aw gets bats and tests them and re wraps them, but I never thought there was this much variance. Did I pick up a fake somewhere, or is this normal?
9l8wzr.jpg

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Based on this info, I would say the top one is a fake.

- Recycle and RoHS Marks: Does your battery have a filled in recycle symbol? Then you most likely have a fake on your hands; authentic AW batteries have recycle symbols that are outlined in black and hollow on the inside. The RoHS mark should also be as follows “RoHS”. Many fake batteries will read “ROHS”. Other signs of fakes may be inconsistencies in text size and the spacing of symbols.

This would be a way to check and be certain-

The updated versions of AW batteries have an AW label with holograms on them. Previous versions of AW IMRs had a black AW label which was discontinued in December 2013 and AW advises that the majority of black label batteries on the market now are fakes.

New AW batteries with holograms: In December 2013, AW began supplying cells with a hologram label. Although there are now many good replicas out there, the copies have their flaws. One main feature to note is that the AW hologram is reactive to UV and glows in UV light; this is something fakes do not do

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
Reactions: tmcase
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread