Status
Not open for further replies.

halopunker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
New Philadelphia, OH
Hey Guys,

Wanted to post this for some people who are using battery adapters incorrect, also there are some things that people need to be aware of as for as cross compatibility.

Do not use JOYE302 on the 801 adapters, ya they thread but they don't work and will kill your atomizers. We don't want people using cross compatible threadings with these adapters. I.E. 801 with 4072, JOYE302, M201, etc. especially since they weren't made for these models and we just don't know if the threading is different.

So use only the 901s with 901s, use only 801s with 801s, use only 401s with 401s.

Here's the proper way to use and clean them:

AltSmoke | Personal Vaporizers - Ecigs | Battery Adapter Maintenance

Key note: Extra liquid build up in the atomizer (IE Threading) will kill atomizers as well, so if you're constantly flooding these things you may want to occasionally wipe them off or clean them so the liquid doesn't build up in them.

-Rob

Last edited:

USinchains

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
The Terrordrome, FL
www.myspace.com
I have the 401 adapter. One end of it has channels going over the hole and down the side through the threads. This is the end I put into the atomizer because it just happened to fit the first time I connected them. I noticed the threads on the opposite end are the same diameter, does it matter which end goes which way? Thanks -J

DaMulta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
T-Town Oklahoma
I just want too add if you do, and or are using the JOYE302 on the 801 adapter. Make sure that the o ring towards the 510 threads stay in place. The center pen is longer in the JOYE302, and over time it can work the rubber out of place in the adapter causing a short.

I prefer the JOYE302, and I have seen this issue happen to myself. Now I Install the atomizer on the adapter first. So I can look at the 510 threads to make sure that the O Ring is in place like it should be. If it does work out of place you can cause a short in your batteries. A very very bad deal if you happen to be using non protected batteries.

jgrubb

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
I bought a 801 adapter so I could try the BE112's that seems to be great at higher voltage. If I buy some will they work properly? I like the 801 sometimes, but they leak alot and I was going to try the 112's to see if they will get warmer and not leak as much... Got advice from a few people that these 112s at 6v are great..

MarthaT

Moved On
Jul 23, 2009
  • Deleted by AngusATAT
  • Reason: spam

Incognito

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2009
Ames, IA
Quick question. I just bought a SB and DBSB top and I'm getting almost no vapor/throat hit when I use 801 attys. I've been trying to isolate the problem and this is where I'm at.

Nothing wrong with the battery/batteries.
The attys are fine(work fine on other devices).
Nothing wrong with the switch or SB itself(works fine with 510 attys).
Nothing wrong with either of the tops(same problem on both tops).

So this makes me think the problem is with the adapters. They are Altsmoke adapters that I ordered at the same time I ordered the SB and DBSB.

One thing I've noticed is that when I use 801 attys with the Altsmoke adapters the draw is VERY easy. Almost like sucking through a empty cart. Could the problem be that so much air is getting in that the atty can't produce vapor effectively? I'm thinking of going to Lowe's and buying some little o-rings to try and block off some the the air coming in to the atty.

Oops, not so much of a quick question lol. But any help would be greatly appreciated because I really want to vape on 2x 801's after seeing Damulta's video on youtube!

Incognito

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2009
Ames, IA
Thanks D, I thought it might be the batts to, but it's only the 801 attys that don't want to work. And yes, they are high bridge attys(true 801's from Healthcabin), but they are well broken-in by now and work fine on my other devices.

Rob just contacted me(talk about fast customer service lol), and he's going to take a look at them. Should have it figured out soon hopefully :)

USinchains

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
The Terrordrome, FL
www.myspace.com
Just a shot in the dark here concerning your 801, Incognito.

I have noticed the center of my 510-401 adapter moves, depending on whether I put the adapter in the SB or the atty first, the opposite end of the adapter pushes out. This causes a gap between the adapter and whichever component is screwed on second. It's more of an issue on another device that requires a second adapter. Although it is recommended to put the adapter in the battery device before the atty, I have found I get much better performance from a 401 atty +SB if I put the adapter into the atty first, then put that assembly into the SB.

Just a thought, but maybe this has something to do with your issue, did you try switching the order in which you assemble the adapter to the devices?

AKs0n-

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
New Jersey - Passaic County
I use a Joye302 atomizer w/ the 801 adapter.

I have had issues w/ the atomizer NOT heating up but instead the batteries doing so.

It happens occasionaly.... not sure why but ...other than that they work fine together.
Im just extremely aware of the batteries cause of this now so...
if my mod 'Misfires' I check the batteries PRONTO.
Let em cool back down if this occurs then try again.

I made a whole Thread about my personal experience w/ after-market adapters.

Didnt realize this Thread even existed. ><

AKs0n-

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
New Jersey - Passaic County
....you can cause a short in your batteries. A very very bad deal if you happen to be using non protected batteries.

This is exactly what I was talking bout... cept I dont see anything that suggests the 'o ring' falling out of place. >_>

The very 1st time I tried the 510>801 adapter it was on a low voltage Mod that has LEDs and for some strange reason the LEDs would shut off when the adapter was close to being screwed on.... not a problem.
It DID work cept occasionaly I would have that issue.
But what I spoke about w/ the HV Mod very well could be a problem if you dont check to make sure that the battery/batteries are NOT heating up.

Last edited:

BababooeyHTJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2010
Hartford
I broke a 302 with an 801 adapter. When I went to take off the atty the center pin from the 302 didn't come with it, just stayed stuck onto the adapter probably from being too tight.. Now I know why the center pin sticks out so much on that adapter with the 302.

A real 302 to 510 adapter would be great since I do love the 302 and all of my mods other than one box mod have a 510 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread