Been away for a year, need advice on the clearomizer market

Status
Not open for further replies.

stayinwonderland

Verified Member
Jul 19, 2013
Seattle
So I quit vaping about a year ago but for various reasons I've decided to get back into it.

My go to set up was en Evod and, importantly, a home made cotton wick, around a 1.5ohm coil. I've since moved to the USA and left all my heavy mod stuff behind and reckon it would cost a fortune to ship, so....

What's new in the world of Evods and things that are similar? Maybe I won't make my own coils this time so I'd like something that could resemble the clean, full cotton flavour in a stock coil. I tried a few BDC things last year, can't recall which, aspire? something like that and nothing compared to cotton singles on the Evod for the dessert vapes. I love a custard and Evods always beat drippers for that range.

So, clearo with a set up that works well with creamy dessert vapes?

Reactions: bnrkwest

memeticengineone

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2016
For flavor chasing with 1+ ohm coils you are going to want a tootle puffer tank like the Nautilus mini, or the Anyvape Davide, or something like a Kabuki tank clone if you're ok with antique kayfun style airflow. There are also lots of good plus-ohm atomizer heads for bigger badder subohm tanks that have huge airflow that you can shut down for MTL. I believe Kangertech has one for the Subtank series, there are a couple Aspire ones I think, I think the Atlantis, and I have really good experiences vaping the 1.2 ohm atomizers you can buy for the Horizon Arctic tank, though they're a lot harder to find than the 0.5 ohm heads.

stayinwonderland

Verified Member
Jul 19, 2013
Seattle
thanks guys. I think I tried an aspire once before.... now which one was it. It was the exact same shape as those old-school, stock standard ego clearos with a thick knurled grip on the base. I felt the draw was way too tight and that the juice wasn't getting to the coil in sufficient quantities so it was a little dry and tiresome. Whereas the evod with cotton allowed tons of juice to get in (at the expense of some gurgling). Very moist.

Also worth mentioning that I'll likely be re-introducing on a budget and so I'll likely have a slim battery, maybe a twist. Don't want to go forking out again for all the stuff I left in the UK.

Will check out the suggestions, thanks a lot :D

Last edited:

memeticengineone

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2016
I would go with the Triton 1.8 ohm coil or the Aspire Nautilus or the Nautilus coils in the Kabuki, but if you don't have the money for a bigger battery you should stick with the Aspire ET-S, or the the Davide with Kanger Protank coils. I used to vape an ET-S on a little Ego battery and I was pretty dang satisfied with its vapor production, even though I had coil flooding issues.

memeticengineone

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2016
So I quit vaping about a year ago but for various reasons I've decided to get back into it.

My go to set up was en Evod and, importantly, a home made cotton wick, around a 1.5ohm coil. I've since moved to the USA and left all my heavy mod stuff behind and reckon it would cost a fortune to ship, so....

What's new in the world of Evods and things that are similar? Maybe I won't make my own coils this time so I'd like something that could resemble the clean, full cotton flavour in a stock coil. I tried a few BDC things last year, can't recall which, aspire? something like that and nothing compared to cotton singles on the Evod for the dessert vapes. I love a custard and Evods always beat drippers for that range.

So, clearo with a set up that works well with creamy dessert vapes?
I just got the Joyetech Ego all in one (AIO) kit I bought in the mail today and I've got to say the 0.6ohm coil it comes with, which is designed for MTL, is doing great with my Chai vape. The coil was really easy to prime and has great flavor. If you're looking for something that works just like your Ego kit but can push out a little more vapor, I would recommend it. I believe there is also a 1.5ohm coil available. The kit is $17 shipped on 101vape right now.

memeticengineone

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2016
I just got the Joyetech Ego all in one (AIO) kit I bought in the mail today and I've got to say the 0.6ohm coil it comes with, which is designed for MTL, is doing great with my Chai vape. The coil was really easy to prime and has great flavor. If you're looking for something that works just like your Ego kit but can push out a little more vapor, I would recommend it. I believe there is also a 1.5ohm coil available. The kit is $17 shipped on 101vape right now.
Sorry, I meant something that works like your Evod+ego battery. The thing actually sort of resembles a chunkier Evod at the tip, it's a pretty good device, compares favorably to my old Aspire ET-S.

memeticengineone

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2016
well I sent off for a Eleaf 30w once I realised that if I got the AIO I wouldn't be able to change tanks. But I got the Ego One to go on top to start off with. That should arrive in the next day or two hopefully!
That setup should be a great vaping experience too, good on you. If you want something a little more powerful to use the 30w your Eleaf can push then I would recommend the Aspire Atlantis with the 1.2 ohm coils or the Eleaf Melo with their MTL coils, or the Horizon Arctic with the 1.2ohm coils.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
If you decide you want a trip down memory lane with an Evod again...Vapor Engine has the Evod Double Starter Kit at a tremendous Blowout price of $7.00 for the kit! You get 2 650mAh batteries, 2 Evod tanks, 5 coils, a USB charger and a wall charger...all for $7.00! Even for just a really inexpensive back-up (actually 2), in case something happens to your mod...can't beat that deal with a stick.

Reactions: aikanae1

emma724

Unresolved Status
May 19, 2016
  • Deleted by Misty

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
The Crown sub ohm tank has 1.2 ohm coils. Great flavor too!
Doesn't the crown require about 35w to work well? That's what I heard and a reason I haven't tried it. IMO one of the differences this last year has been not all the clearos/rta's are compatable with low wattage devices.

There's a thread on cerotanks which use aspire bvc coils that you might be interested in reading. It sounds like an upgrade to protanks/evods in flavor but operates well at low wattages. Some like it better than nauty's.

Another line of interest are the GS airs by eleaf, wide variety of sizes and coils. Reasonably priced and easy to rebuild. There's several mega threads on ecf discussing them and youtube vids. Again, driven by flavor not clouds.

And there's nothing wrong with evods. I introduced a neighbor to vaping, picked up a handful of glass evods at a good price, threw it on an old mvp 2.0 and I was impressed. Kanger's continued to upgrade them since the last time I used an evod.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
PS. For an easy peasy device, I like my iJust Basic. It's all in one and very convenient, but with anything that has a built in battery, I consider it disposable. There's a number of devices in that price range using replaceable batteries for long term use. Even provari 2.5 blems are affordable now and I rarely need more wattage than they offer.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread