I'm having trouble finding a clearomizer I like for my itaste vv v3. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
I'm editing my earlier post….

Oooooooo….Puhretty!!!!! Had to have one, needed one, bought one….and 5 coil replacements at 2.1..Happy me. Thank you for spotting it!

It really is pretty, quite the unique piece. I know I'll be getting one :). Glad I randomly stumbled across it.

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
I think I'm gonna pick up a few new clearos to try out. Maybe one of each of the ones I'm interested in, but I suppose I'd like to stick to ones that can use the same coils so I don't have to buy a lot of different replacements. So far I'm thinking a mini Protank 3, Evod 2, T3S/T3D, and an Aspire ET-S? Whats the difference between the ET-S and the BDC CE5/S? So confusing with all these new products coming out with slight differences. I wanna try rebuilding more (although I find it a hassle) but I know the dual coils are harder to rebuild. Should I just stick with the dual coils and replace them when the time comes or get single coils that I can attempt to rebuild?

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
I think I'm gonna pick up a few new clearos to try out. Maybe one of each of the ones I'm interested in, but I suppose I'd like to stick to ones that can use the same coils so I don't have to buy a lot of different replacements. So far I'm thinking a mini Protank 3, Evod 2, T3S/T3D, and an Aspire ET-S? Whats the difference between the ET-S and the BDC CE5/S? So confusing with all these new products coming out with slight differences. I wanna try rebuilding more (although I find it a hassle) but I know the dual coils are harder to rebuild. Should I just stick with the dual coils and replace them when the time comes or get single coils that I can attempt to rebuild?

The Aspire ET-S is a 3ml Pyrex tank with a metal sleeve. The CE5 are 1.8ml. The CE5-S is the version with a metal sleeve .

Tap'd from my LG G2

Taowulf

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Bend OR
I use a ProTank3 primarily on my VV Ver 3 and I like it a lot. The ProTank 3 Minis are just as good, but I keep the PT3 on there primarily because the size of the tank. The PT3 does have some airflow issues, I am waiting on a Aerotank base to see if I can resolve that. As for airflow on the minis, the way I hold them resolves that as I usually cover an air hole with my finger anyway.

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
Does the smaller Aspire have the same quality vape as the ET-S version? I have some of the very first Aspire BDCs from when they first came out (they are clear and shaped similarly), not sure if they have changed from that version for the smaller ones. But yea... not super impressed with the vape.

I have used the Aspire BDC Mini Nova, ET, ET-S, Vivi Nova and Nautilus. All give very similar flavor and vapor. Haven't tried the smaller CE-5. Just haven't felt the need since it is only .2ml smaller than the Mini Nova.

Yeah I'm a fan of the Aspire BDC's. With the exception of one DOA head I have never had an issue. And I like that I can use several different versions but still use the same heads. Unlike Kanger who seem to like coming out with different heads as quick as they come out with new clearos.

Last edited:

djironic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2014
Denver
As a fellow Denverite, I'll throw my hat in the ring here and say that, in my experience with both eGos and my iTaste vv v.3, my only consistently good experience has been the Mini Protank 2 (as well as some knockoff clearomizers utilizing the same heads). Contrarian opinion, I know, lol!

I'll caveat by saying that I can't stand plastic clearomizers (taste-wise), so my iClear 16/16bs and EVODs get almost no action (make for good loaners to my noobie friends, though, lol).

Tried the iClear 30, and didn't really fall in love with it, though I haven't really tried to (I think I've only burned one or two tanks full at this point - just not feeling it...)

I have 2 Aspire ET-Ss, and an Aspire mini Vivi Nova-s (all BDC), and I loved them at first. But after a few weeks, I can't get them to work. At all. I have no idea what's going on, but now they flood non-stop, and even leak when sitting in a stand. Flavors can be VERY muted now (again, no consistency - one day they will be fine, the next, nothing), and they like to throw in a burnt taste intermittently with no apparent source (no amount of cleaning or priming will remedy) - one hit will be fine, the next hit burnt, the next fine, and so on (again, letting it sit or priming doesn't seem to make a difference). I've cleaned the heads every way I know how (boiling water, alcohol, efferent, dry burning after removing the cap, you name it), and even taken them apart (the coils do gunk up fast, it seems) to get at the source, but can't seem to find a fixable problem. I want to love them, based on my initial impressions, but I can't…

The mini pros (just picked up a few mini pro3s, which seem to work just as well as the mini pro2s) work straight out of the box, no leaks, no flooding, no dry hits, just solid, dependable performance with great vapor production and full flavor. The heads are cheap and very easy to clean or rebuild. I know this goes against what everyone else experiences, but they are the only tanks I've come across that I can recommend.

I've been trying everything, so those of you in the Denver area are welcome to stop by and try my now extensive collection of little tanks for the vv v3, lol… ;-)

djironic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2014
Denver
Looks like I really should try the Evods. And does the Smoktech Dripper work well even without a rebuild? I don't think I'm going to have time to rebuild anything until the summer :/ but I really want to try dripping. And I'm assuming I should get a drip guard for that?

I have the Smoktech Dripper, and I'm not impressed with it, though my builds are hardly pro quality at this point. Definitely not impressed with the stock build. In addition, after using/cleaning a few times, the cap is way to loose on the deck. I'm trying to find some new o-rings that might remedy the situation, but the rough finish of it just doesn't feel very quality, so I don't think it will get much use regardless.

I just picked up a generic A6 mini for about the same price, and I'm way more impressed with it, just looking at it. Much sturdier, polished, has a functional but unobtrusive well on the deck, etc. Draw seems a little tight and the air hole may need to be drilled out (through a very thick cap - yikes!), but otherwise it's sharp in comparison! Can't wait to try it out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread