Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
LG HG2 3000mah 20a
Samsung 30Q 3000mah 20a
AW 3000mah 20a
Sony VTC 6 3000mah

Only buy batteries from reputable vendors/dealers to avoid lesser quality re wrapped erroneously labeled cells or fake/counterfeit cells.

RTD is where I buy mine ---> Batteries and Chargers

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
LG HG2 3000mah 20a
Samsung 30Q 3000mah 20a
AW 3000mah 20a
Sony VTC 6 3000mah

Only buy batteries from reputable vendors/dealers to avoid lesser quality re wrapped erroneously labeled cells or fake/counterfeit cells.

Best Answer!!!

bloodless2010

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2015
LG HG2 3000mah 20a
Samsung 30Q 3000mah 20a
AW 3000mah 20a
Sony VTC 6 3000mah

Appreciated, will get some HG2s.

Reactions: AstroTurf

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Currently looking for the best 18650 batteries in terms of capacity, preferably tested ones with confirmed mAh. I'm vaping on a 0.3 ohm build at around 50W so as-long as the batteries are 20A I should be good there, much appreciated everyone :)

20A will be fine if you stay below say 60w (per cell) on a regular basis.
At that level you'll be topping out at 3000mAh.

Have a look at Mooch's 18650 ratings chart, but it gets updated as new cells get tested and I know we have at least two new 3000mAh batts with very good ratings.

The old leader, the LG HG2, is no longer the best performer... and it has been picked up by the counterfeiters so authenticity is dicey now, and I consider the price premium too high for the small amount of extra runtime.

New and highly regarded are the Sony VTC6 and a Samsung, I think it's the 30Q but I haven't checked and they're are too many for me to track. :p

For myself, I only order from the half dozen or so of our trusted battery vendors.
Others are comfortable trusting Ebay etc. to save on shipping... I'll let them comment on that.

eta: I see I type too slow. :D

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I never go above 30 max watts and 400 degrees so the LG HG2 is my best choice and still have lots of head space. Everybody who uses replacable battery mods should be able to do a watts law calculation from memory. So volts X amps = watts. Lower voltage calls for more amps to hit the watts value you selected so regulated mods have a low voltage cutoff so the amp draw won't exceed a specified amount at the maximum watts allowed by the mod. If the low voltage cut off of my mod is 3.1 and I'm calling for 30 watts I'm drawing about 10 amps max. That's half the 20 amp rating of the HG2, comfortable head space. When the battery is fully charged volts are about 4.2 x 7 amps = 30 watts. Now I'm only drawing a third of the battery's 20 amp rating. I wish my Picos and vtc minis could have a 40 max watts firmware version so the cutt off voltage could be safely a bit lower for more battery endurance. Mods with higher watts ratings than you ever use might be good for sales but the price you pay is higher cutoff voltage so less battery time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread