Best battery for iStick Pico?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Are Ultra Fire 5000mAh 18650's safe to use in the iStick Pico?? My Dad and his Gf got me the iStick Pico and sent me the Ultra Fire batteries to use in the mod. I just want to make sure they are safe D:

The are preposterously overrated batteries with one of the worst reputations around. I wouldn't use them at over 20W.

m1ke

ECF Veteran
    Feb 18, 2013
    North East USA
    Are Ultra Fire 5000mAh 18650's safe to use in the iStick Pico?? My Dad and his Gf got me the iStick Pico and sent me the Ultra Fire batteries to use in the mod. I just want to make sure they are safe D:

I wouldn't use that cell with a PICO - even if you aren't gonna break 20w. Check this out..

Test of UltraFire TR18650 5000mAh (Blue)

It seems anything over 3000mah can't have a strong consistent continuous discharge rate.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    I wouldn't use that cell with a PICO - even if you aren't gonna break 20w. Check this out..

Test of UltraFire TR18650 5000mAh (Blue)

It seems anything over 3000mah can't have a strong consistent continuous discharge rate.

Yup, there are no 18650 batteries over 3000mAh that can have a rating over 10A. :)
    There are no 18650 batteries rated over 3600mAh...period

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA

Check out the batteries at OrbTronics and RTDVapor. You'll be pleasantly surprised at the prices if you are used to buying from vape shops. I recently bought Sony VTC4 and LG HG2 for under $7 from RTDVapor. Both companies have strong counterfeit detection programs. They both usually ship the same day you order.

Reactions: Baditude

Psychologica

Aug 25, 2016
    I'm also running an Pico with a Cubis tank, fantastic little mod for what I need (MTL, fits in your hand, slick grey colour).

My first batteries were efest 3000mah (it was only later I came across Mooch and his wise advice).

Recently bought HG2s (from a reputable source) but my XTAR VC2 is only showing 2200mah capacity on both cells - and they definitely underperform vs. the efest. About 25% less vaping time, XTAR showing about 25% less capacity than advertised.

Assuming they're either fake, or faulty. But I've got some Samsung 30Q coming today so will let you know my thoughts.

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Recently bought HG2s (from a reputable source) but my XTAR VC2 is only showing 2200mah capacity on both cells - and they definitely underperform vs. the efest. About 25% less vaping time, XTAR showing about 25% less capacity than advertised.

Assuming they're either fake, or faulty. But I've got some Samsung 30Q coming today so will let you know my thoughts.
    What was the "reputable source"? There have been reports of counterfeit LG HG2. An update from IMRBatteries regarding the fake LG HG2 batteries

Reactions: Mooch
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread