?: Best coil for flavor with Baby Beast Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

greyhoundrick

May 18, 2017
Hi Everyone,

Can you tell me which coil you would recommend for a Baby Beast tank on a smok Alien mod if flavor is your main goal?

I usually vape between 18-30watts and prefer a medium to low air flow. Im also a direct lung vaper.

I dont do rebuilds so Im looking for just a stock coil.

Thanks so much for helping me. Im pretty new at this and your expertise is most appreciated!

Best to all,

Rick

Buckeyevapen

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
This thread actually highlights something that I really appreciate about this line of coils: they actually fire at a very large range.

This is unlike some other coil lines who's stated wattages are not at all in line with what they can do whether that be over or under rated.

As a fellow mid 20's watts vaper it really irks me when a coils says 20-50 watts but won't even fire until you get to 38.

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
I use the Q2 0.4 ohm coil and it's a nice flavorful vape. I do use 40W with that coil. I expect the 0.6 ohm would be quite similar in vape to the 0.4 ohm coil.

One question, why do you want to vape at 17-30W?
That's the coil I use & same wattage I use too, I find any higher is too hot a vape an burns the drip tip. But I like a long drawn out vape too.

However with the cleito (the main sub ohm tank I use.) I vape it at 65.
I find I vape from 13 watts-70 depending on tank...

I'd say find the wattage that suites you most. I tried out a few coils before I settled on the q2s

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
Wouldn't the make up of your juice as well as the coil itself dictate what wattage you use? Like for instance if you use a 60/40 PG/VG mix you'd be vaping at a lower wattage than say a max VG?
High vg generally makes thicker clouds but you wouldn't vape at lower wattage just cos it's higher vg...

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
What I'm trying to say is it's nothing to do with wattage, it's to do with the coil.
For example high vg doesn't wick well with a nautilus tank cos there's not big enough wicking holes.
However I have rtas that high vg is fine in, and that's still vaping the 10 watts. Same wattage as my Nautilus.
Nothing to do with heat or wattage...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread