Looking for a new tank with good coil life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerpMeetsTF2

Oct 11, 2018
So currently im using a SMOK Alien mod with the standard baby beast tank. I like everything about it except one thing. The coils this tank uses are pretty bad. I get 5 days max out of them but usually closer to 2-3 days. I'm only putting 3-4 ml of juice through them a day at 55 watts. I've read that this is pretty typical with SMOK coils and is especially the case with the coils for the baby beast. So i'm looking to upgrade tanks to one that uses coils with a generally way better lifespan. I've heard the Freemax Mesh Pro tank is something I should look into. But I would like to hear the opinions of multiple people on some recommendations.

CCVapes23

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2017
So currently im using a SMOK Alien mod with the standard baby beast tank. I like everything about it except one thing. The coils this tank uses are pretty bad. I get 5 days max out of them but usually closer to 2-3 days. I'm only putting 3-4 ml of juice through them a day at 55 watts. I've read that this is pretty typical with SMOK coils and is especially the case with the coils for the baby beast. So i'm looking to upgrade tanks to one that uses coils with a generally way better lifespan. I've heard the Freemax Mesh Pro tank is something I should look into. But I would like to hear the opinions of multiple people on some recommendations.

Look into the freemax Fire Luke. I have an alien also, which I use for work and I love this tank. The coil life is amazing, and the flavor is even better!! Another one I like a lot, is the cleito 120. Both tanks have good coil life and flavor!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Vaporesso NRG with mesh coils, longevity and great flavor
Vape Atomizers | Vape Tanks | NRG vape tank | Vaporesso

Freemax Mesh Pro with single or double mesh coils, longevity and great flavor
Freemax Mesh Pro - Freemax - Innovative Hardware Manufacturer

Aspire Revvo with ARC coils, I really like this tank. Great flavor and longevity of the coils, damn near leak proof but it only holds 3.6 mls. I vape 16 to 20 mls per day so makes it a PITA for me. May work for you at 3 to 4 ml per day.
Aspire Revvo Tank - Aspire® Official Site

Good luck in your search, there a dizzying number of tanks out there to research.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Another option you have, would be to continue with the SMOK Baby Beast but use Vaporesso GT Core coils (I recommend the mesh one) in your Baby Beast. This would allow you to try the flavor and longevity of the Vaporesso coils with out buying the NRG tank. The Vaporesso link I put in my first post will give you a good look at their different coils.

Mesh coils
Vaporesso GT Mesh Replacement Coil - 3 Pack | Replacement Coils | Vaporbeast

Additional Vaporesso Coils. Use resistance selection menu to see the different coils available.
Vaporesso NRG GT Replacement Coils | GT Mesh Vape Coils

Last edited:

Lufty

Sep 13, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
Another option you have, would be to continue with the SMOK Baby Beast but use Vaporesso GT Core coils (I recommend the mesh one) in your Baby Beast. This would allow you to try the flavor and longevity of the Vaporesso coils with out buying the NRG tank. The Vaporesso link I put in my first post will give you a good look at their different coils.

Mesh coils

Additional Vaporesso Coils. Use resistance selection menu to see the different coils available.

Their is a huge list of what coils you can use in each tank/compatability on Reddit on r/Electronic_Cigarettes also! But id say try the NRG mesh coils first as Freemax Fireluke and coils is a pricier route. Either way you cant go wrong.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Here I'll save you walking over to Reddit

SMOK TFV8 Compatible
* Eleaf ERL RBA
* Eleaf ERLQ coils
* Eleaf ES coils [100W Pick! - Impressive 140ml lifespan]
* Geekvape i1+i4 coils
* Horizontech DUOS coils
* Horizontech Arco A6 coils
* Horizontech Arco T6 coils
* OBS V OCCoils
* Sense Blazer 200 coils
* SMOK TFV8 coils

SMOK Big Baby Beast, Baby Beast and Big Baby Beast Light use the same coils
* Eleaf HW coils [30W Pick! - Consistent build quality]
* Eleaf HW-1 SS316 coil [TC Pick! - Only TC offering]
* E-XY T1 coils
* Geekvape Aero Mesh coils
* Geekvape iM1+4 coils
* iJoy XS coils
* Jomo Tech Smartvape TC80 coils
* Joyetech ProCore Aries coils [Do NOT fit 22mm tanks]
* Joyetech ProCore C1-S MTL coil [MTL Pick! - Only MTL offering]
* Sigelei SLYDR SM coils
* SMOK TFV8 baby coils
* Geekvape Aero Mesh coils
* Teslacigs H8 coils
* Vapefly Fantasy Mini M8 coils
* Vaporesso NRG coils [50W+ Pick! - Fantastic wicking w/o flooding]
* Vaportech M4/8 coils
* Vaptio Frogman coils
* WOTOFO FLOW coils [40W Pick! - No spitback]

The Baby Beast, Big Baby Beast, and Big Baby Beast Light use the same coils. The X-Baby or Brother has its own coils as does the TFV8 Cloud Beast.

The TFV12 Baby Prince uses the V8 Baby coils. The TFV12 has its own coils. The TFV12 Prince and Resa Prince both use the same coils.

There is a RBA for the Big Baby Beast but you will need the glass section for it. The RBA for the TFV8 Cloud Beast has its own RBA as well as the TFV12 and TFV12 Prince have their own RBA sections.

DerpMeetsTF2

Oct 11, 2018

Mesh coils

I didn't even think to look and see if you could use different brands and such of coils in this tank. Just kinda assumed you couldn't lol. Ill probably try those coils you linked first before buying an entire new tank. I might still end up buying a new tank, the Freemax Mesh Pro specifically, cause after looking into it a little more it seems well worth the money anyway. Thanks for the help though.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
I didn't even think to look and see if you could use different brands and such of coils in this tank. Just kinda assumed you couldn't lol. Ill probably try those coils you linked first before buying an entire new tank. I might still end up buying the Freemax Mesh Pro cause after looking into it a little more it seems well worth the money anyway. Thanks for the help though.
I really like the Mesh Pro but I never tried the Fireluke so unfortunately I can't give you a valid comparison.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
* Eleaf HW coils [30W Pick! - Consistent build quality]

A friend started using those HW coils in his Baby Beast, because he was tired of the Smok coils being "garbage", in his words. Most vape shops in my area don't even carry the Smok ones any more because of too many complaints about them.

He gets the HW4, because he likes the 0.3ohm resistance. He's been using those for about 6 months and loves them. Orders them from FastTech for a really great price...especially if/when he buys 3 boxes or more at a time. They carry all of the authentic Eleaf HW series coils, IIRC.

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I don't have the mesh pro but am using a mesh pto coil in my Fireluke. I'm very happy with the Fireluke and didn’t bother getting pro. From what I've read the only real difference is that the pro series is airier. If you like super af get the pro, if you like regular af the Fireluke will work well for yoy. The rba head for the Fireluke is said to be much better than the pro series.

BeginnerOfVaping

May 23, 2018
Well the best pre-built coil life I've gotten through any of my devices is with the iJust S's tank and 0.5ohm coil (Well if you'ŗe not a cloud chaser). I've went through hundreds of ml and only then I had to change the coil, or just cleaned it. Right now I own the Geekvape Zeus Dual on my Alien with dual Alien claptons @ 0.16ohms, been running it for 2 weeks without re-wicking. A cloud chasers dream.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Do remember that other coils you might choose, including mesh variants will burn through the 2 ml juice capacity of the baby beast in about 10 minutes. If you are looking for a mesh coil based tank, the mesh pro is excellent and the coils do last at least several weeks, up to a month. Of course this is juice dependant, sweeter juices will gunk up a coil faster, although I've still gotten a month with a sweet commercial juice, and the volume you vape per day. Some folks vape 15 ml a day, and if you do that with a single tank, coil life will decrease accordingly.

All that said, experimenting with other coils in the BB is a reasonable option. Even if you do buy another tank, it would be nice to know you still have the BB as a secondary with coils you enjoy vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread