Status
Not open for further replies.

empteeteacup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
Tampa, FL
I forget who expressed a concern over Ten Bucks Bilked Milk's blackberry element possibly being bitter, but I can assure said person that it is not bitter at all! Very smooth and tasty. Bilked Milk reminds me a lot of Jam Cake, but less sweet, which I like. I really wouldn't even call it blackberry, necessarily. It tastes more to me like a mixed berry, with a dark berry taste for sure, and a creamy element. It's really good!

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
I know this has been discussed before, but I have a friend I am helping switch to vaping. She has not been able to completely switch, but I have her on 24mg nic. It's getting harder and harder to find. What vendors still do high nic?

Thanks!
Aroma ejuice... they have great juices. My two every day vapes are vanilla splash and snickerdoodle. I vape 12mg nic and it vapes smooth. i won't do 12 nic with any other vendor.

Reactions: DJLEC

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
From GV:

60mL bottles of Jimmy the Juice Man are coming soon! In the meantime, we need to clear out the last of the 30mL and 120mL bottles.

Use coupon code below for 30% OFF while supplies last!
CODE: JIMMYJUICE30
Sale ends at 11:59 EST on Wednesday, March 1st!

NEW to Giant Vapes!

Now available at Giant Vapes by popular demand, Northern Virginia based Guardian Angel Vapor Company was created by Cavan and Jackie in honor of a dear friend who unfortunately passed away. The original plan was for their friend to move to Virginia and assist them in opening a vape shop, and after his passing, they felt compelled to continue his dream of creating quality liquids. After much guidance, late nights, and countless revisions, Guardian Angel Vapor Company was born.

60mL • $24.99

Baby Cakes
Vanilla Cake fell in love with Cheesecake. Nine months later, Baby Cakes was born. Imagine a cheesecake cupcake with a light, whipped frosting.

P.I.C
When Pistachio Ice Cream met Caramel Drizzle, they not only became best friends, they became Partners In Crime.

Shorty
Strawberry shortcake with a Southern twist. Shorty starts with a buttery, Southern-style biscuit and smothers it with sweet strawberries and cream.
It's finally here: Cannoli Be Reserve!

A cannoli made with a cookies and cream shell, filled with delicious cannoli cream, and topped with a light chocolate drizzle.

60mL • $25.99

Back from SicDrip: Parodies!

Parodies brings a mouth watering blend of caramelized peaches and pears, then smothers them with a dollop of sweet cream.

60mL • $25.99

Pinup Now Available as 60mLs, PLUS New Flavors!

Jayne’s blend of mixed berries and grapes will take you to fruit-heaven and back.

Carmen is a sweet-tooth’s fantasy. Her blend of banana, graham cracker, and other sweet treats will remind you that kisses are the best midnight snack.

Ruby is a wild country girl with a hard candy, green apple twang. She packs a fruity punch you won’t be able to live without.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I forget who expressed a concern over Ten Bucks Bilked Milk's blackberry element possibly being bitter, but I can assure said person that it is not bitter at all! Very smooth and tasty. Bilked Milk reminds me a lot of Jam Cake, but less sweet, which I like. I really wouldn't even call it blackberry, necessarily. It tastes more to me like a mixed berry, with a dark berry taste for sure, and a creamy element. It's really good!

Thanks Emptee! It was me.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I revisited the Cloud Ride Figtastic last night and I love it. It was good from the beginning, but it has really come into its own with some steeping. It's plenty flavorful and delicious. I have a tank of their Oooo Berry I am enjoying right now as well. Next Cloud Ride juice up will be Peaches & Cream. Their Apple Hooka is still as delicious as ever.

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
do you guys get juice in your mouth much? It drives me insane!!!

This is with the Cleito? I've seen complaints about this (don't have one myself). Some tips I've read: the airflow needs to be closed down quite a bit; the .02 ohm coils cause this more than the .04 coils; the coils that come *with* the Cleito are more likely to do this than replacements.

(and of course, as chanel says, longer drip tip, higher heat)

EKat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
USA
This is with the Cleito? I've seen complaints about this (don't have one myself). Some tips I've read: the airflow needs to be closed down quite a bit; the .02 ohm coils cause this more than the .04 coils; the coils that come *with* the Cleito are more likely to do this than replacements.

(and of course, as chanel says, longer drip tip, higher heat)
thank u

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
For the past several days I have been vaping Rhubarb and Custard. I have another ejuice that contains rhubarb where the rhubarb is subtle plus it has quite a few flavors in it that I get only a slight tart taste from the rhubarb. With Rhubarb and Custard I do taste the rhubarb however it is not tart IMO. The custard is adding the right amount of sweetness for my taste to manage the tangy taste. Rhubarb is used with strawberry and I was happy to learn of this flavor especially made with custard and not strawberry.

There is a distributor in the US of this brand and so far I have not found it on any online retail websites. I do hope someone starts carrying it soon as I like it. Nothing like knocking off one of my daily vegetables in vape form.

Credit for this ejuice goes to @tazzle — as always thanks for another great recommendation.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Not specific to the cleito, but in general I find drip tips with a shape help with a little bit of spit back. Things like mings and vases give the liquid curves and corners to get stuck on while the chimney basically aims it straight into your mouth.

You probably have a few in your box of old equipment that you can try. :D

empteeteacup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
Tampa, FL
Alright boys and girls, time for a full review of all the Ten Bucks stuff I received! I shall adopt GrimmGreen's rating system of thumbs up or down, and scratch and sniff banana sticker or no banana sticker.

They're Nuts

Profile: The nuttiness of pistachios, rounded off with the sweetness of brown sugar, and a delectable cream, blended together to form the perfect dessert.
  • This is not a nutty pistachio. Sorry Ten Bucks, thou art lying. It's more of the pistachio flavor that you find in things like pistachio pudding and pistachio muffins, and edges a bit toward an almond flavor. It's definitely not pudding, though. Creamy pistachio. Period. I don't get any brown sugar. This one is also harsher the the other one's I'm reviewing below, but not super harsh by any means.
  • Rating: thumbs up, no banana sticker
Bilked Milk

Profile: Blackberries with a smooth, sweet cream.
  • I don't get blackberry specifically. It's more like a mixed berry with a dark berry being more prominent. The cream is there too. To me, this tastes a lot like Jam Cake (if you're not familiar with Jam Cake, check this out: Jam Cake) but less sweet, which I like. Very tasty.
  • Rating: thumbs up + banana sticker :banana:
Meddling Pudding

Profile: Thick, creamy vanilla pudding with luscious swirls of caramel. Sure to satisfy that sweet tooth.
  • I would not say that this is a pudding flavor. Vanilla, caramel, done. This isn't a sickly sweet, sticky caramel, and it balances nicely with the vanilla. I found this one to be more subtle than the other juices. It would be a good ADV for someone whose palette this really appeals to.
Fair Shake

Profile: Vanilla ice cream, sliced peaches and bananas blended to perfection to create this fresh, fruity milkshake.
  • This was my favorite of the bunch. The peach and the banana are nicely balanced; the banana flavor does not overwhelm the peach or the creaminess at all. I don't get vanilla specifically, it's more like peach mixed with creamy banana. I found this one to be the most strongly flavored one of the bunch.
  • Rating: thumbs up + two banana stickers :banana::banana:
Flustered Custard

Profile: Slices of ripe nectarine gently layered on top of a thick, rich vanilla custard.
  • I'm vaping this one as I type. The custard is forward in this one, with the nectarine (what is the difference between a nectarine and a peach anyway?) in the background, but definitely still present at the end of the exhale. It's not an eggy custard (if that's your thing, this may not be for you) but a nice, creamy, not overly sweet custard.
Overall, this line really surprised me. I did not expect to like it, but I should have anticipated more from the Charlie Noble makers. Like some of the Charlie Noble stuff, a couple of them (particularly They're Nuts, Meddling Pudding, and Flustered Custard) tend more toward the subtler side, but it could be a good thing for those on the lookout for ADVs. All of the Ten Bucks juices I got have a perfect level of sweetness to them. No nasty sucralose stuff here! I will be trying more from them to be sure, Prohibited Peach, Let Them Eat Cake, and Employ-mint in particular. I am so happy to have finally found a budget juice that is nicely flavored, and not nasty crap, like so many of them tend to be. Once again, mad props to @jrenae4 and her bestie for bringing this line to our attention!

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
great reviews. Now I need one of the cake one and the Adult tobacco one.
I already have Fair Shake in a cart
  • I don't get blackberry specifically. It's more like a mixed berry with a dark berry being more prominent. The cream is there too. To me, this tastes a lot like Jam Cake (if you're not familiar with Jam Cake, check this out: Jam Cake) but less sweet, which I like. Very tasty.
  • Rating: thumbs up + banana sticker :banana:
but do you get cake?

empteeteacup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
Tampa, FL
great reviews. Now I need one of the cake one and the Adult tobacco one.
I already have Fair Shake in a cart

but do you get cake?

If you're referring to Bliked Milk being like Jam Cake, no. But then again, I never really got cake from Jam Cake.

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
For the past several days I have been vaping Rhubarb and Custard. I have another ejuice that contains rhubarb where the rhubarb is subtle plus it has quite a few flavors in it that I get only a slight tart taste from the rhubarb. With Rhubarb and Custard I do taste the rhubarb however it is not tart IMO. The custard is adding the right amount of sweetness for my taste to manage the tangy taste. Rhubarb is used with strawberry and I was happy to learn of this flavor especially made with custard and not strawberry.

There is a distributor in the US of this brand and so far I have not found it on any online retail websites. I do hope someone starts carrying it soon as I like it. Nothing like knocking off one of my daily vegetables in vape form.

Credit for this ejuice goes to @tazzle — as always thanks for another great recommendation.

I'm so glad you like it! My husband and I both like it a lot, and this gets a little pricey for us, so I've come up with a suitable DIY alternative that I'll share for folks who might be interested. I mix up a lovely ELR recipe called Bloody Barb (by DarthVapor):

2% Bavarian Cream (TPA)
2% Blood Orange (MBV)
1% Brown Sugar (TPA)
2% Rhubarb (INAWERA)
5% Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA)
2% Sweet Strawberry (CAP)

which is quite good by itself, but I also like it mixed half and half with custard. In my version, I use Flavor West Blood Orange (and I really wouldn't use anything else), and I sub Chefs Flavours Strawberry Juice for the strawberry flavors (at about double the percentage, bc it calls for 20% as a single flavor mix versus 8 or 9 for the strawberry ripe and sweet strawberry), so when I say that the strawberry is not forward at all, and just really seems to add more juiciness than strawberry taste, it may reflect my changes.

Still, the original recipe can obviously be easily adjusted for less strawberry if it's too much. The custard I'm using is another Chefs winner: Welsh Custard, but just use any custard you like. I think a not-too-eggy or -heavy choice would be good.

I just mix the Bloody Barb and the Custard in my tank, because sometimes I like the Bloody Barb on its own. I may like this even a bit more than Perino's Rhubarb and Custard which is sort of miraculous.

Oh, and PS, as a bonus, Bloody Barb is shake and vape, yay!

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
I'm so glad you like it! My husband and I both like it a lot, and this gets a little pricey for us, so I've come up with a suitable DIY alternative that I'll share for folks who might be interested. I mix up a lovely ELR recipe called Bloody Barb (by DarthVapor):

2% Bavarian Cream (TPA)
2% Blood Orange (MBV)
1% Brown Sugar (TPA)
2% Rhubarb (INAWERA)
5% Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA)
2% Sweet Strawberry (CAP)

which is quite good by itself, but I also like it mixed half and half with custard. In my version, I use Flavor West Blood Orange (and I really wouldn't use anything else), and I sub Chefs Flavours Strawberry Juice for the strawberry flavors (at about double the percentage, bc it calls for 20% as a single flavor mix versus 8 or 9 for the strawberry ripe and sweet strawberry), so when I say that the strawberry is not forward at all, and just really seems to add more juiciness than strawberry taste, it may reflect my changes.

Still, the original recipe can obviously be easily adjusted for less strawberry if it's too much. The custard I'm using is another Chefs winner: Welsh Custard, but just use any custard you like. I think a not-too-eggy or -heavy choice would be good.

I just mix the Bloody Barb and the Custard in my tank, because sometimes I like the Bloody Barb on its own. I may like this even a bit more than Perino's Rhubarb and Custard which is sort of miraculous.

Oh, and PS, as a bonus, Bloody Barb is shake and vape, yay!

I find Rhubarb and Custard to be very relaxing flavor where I can kick back and just enjoy the flavor.

Thank you for posting the DiY recipe. I am not quite there yet but hopefully soon so will keep this recipe with the few others I have collected thus far I became acquainted with ELR through a friend and really like this site. We have just a few of the Chef’s Flavors here. So happens one of them is the Welsh Custard which I had already put on my shopping list along with a few of their others flavors. Can't wait to try it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread