Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott_Simpson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Fort Wayne, IN
I have a Legacy Standard from PureSmoker, and I love it. It is a very solid, stainless steel mod; I have an 18650 extension tube for it, and I'm running a Kick in it ... solid dependability like the ProVari (and the media-blasted finish on the Legacy body looks and feels like the ProVari satin SS finish), and variable wattage with the Kick ... a great combination, IMO! Even without the Kick, it is a great mechanical mod in its own right, and they have a Mini version (18350 size) if you like the stealth form factor ... :laugh:

I also have an SS satin ProVari. Love them both, and I'm running Penelopes on both of them.

Last edited:

godzilla93

Verified Member
Sep 11, 2012
Brooklyn
The bolt, in my book, is very good for the price (as a basic 3.7v mech mod that is). It looks/works great with the 5ml J-tank and low resistance Boge cartos (see pBusardo!). with the extension, you can also easily upgrade it with the addition of a Kick. Also IMO it feels really great in the hand with the "rugged" finish, and the light weight (compared to a Provari). I got my bolt, with the Kick extension, at $30 from Kalamazoo Vapor Shop. Highly recommend it.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I will ring in and give a big shout out to the less known Saber Touch by Vapor Moon. Its tough, well made, lots of safety features. Lots of choices and you can customize it in endless ways. I love mine. I got the Kicked version. ( kick not included, just built around it)
Limited Edition Saber
This is mine and there is another one on its way. Caution, you may not be able to have just one
ibtsaber001.jpg

Last edited:

Ratman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Tulsa OK
I have 4 of them, well i have 3, wife has 1. Best in order are REO Grand, Precise Plus 16340, Puresmoker Icon, Puresmoker Prodigy. These are the only purely mechanical mods I have tried. I would buy all but the Prodigy again. Nothing against it except the size and the fact that it looks like a phallus. The Icon kind of does too and it pretty limited to a carto or atty only, (you can run a tank on it but it looks stupid IMO) but I do like the small size and I use it for dripping on a 357.

The REO Grand and P+ are just pure awesomeness.

readmermaid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2010
St. Petersburg, FL
Well, someone had to say it & I'm surprised it took so long: Zenesis.

In the past, they've been hard to get but Zen~ is now focusing on production and has established distributors. Electronicstix will be offering his Hybrid line. Mawn & Co carries his Genesis atty for the GG, 310Vapors has his Z-atty universal, & Provape the Z-atty pro.

Me, I adore my hybrid SS Mini. Check them out!

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
the switch or sensor on the saber has a lifetime warranty.:) but seriously, the best one is the one that suits your needs the best. Everyone will recommend the one that "got" them. Weather it be for the looks, the way it feels in their hand. They will all basically do what they were designed to do, hold a battery.
Its like buying a car. DO you want muscle, do you want handling, do you want an esthetically beautiful well designed piece of art or do you want a dependable mid priced one or do you want a ferrari?
What ever your needs are that will be the perfect mechanical MOD.
Look at what you want to spend, look at the build, reputation and dependability.

Now if I had all the monetary assets, you know Id be the Leno with a garage full of MODs

Last edited:

LucidAce

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
right about here, USA
I would buy all but the Prodigy again. Nothing against it except the size and the fact that it looks like a phallus.

Yeah; lots of people make phallus jokes about a variety of devices, but the Prodigy looks like they took an actual metal phallus and put an atty connector on it.

Semi Reduction

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Wouldn't swap my Don for anything. Ergonomically the best I've had the privilege of owning and is rock solid. Ownly prob with it is that it's hard to pair with atties that compliment it by lining up nicely. The Penelope does, but I'm only using gennies these days. The search continues... I need a hellfire mini

Attachments

• DSC_0162edit.jpg
    DSC_0162edit.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 42
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread