Best Mouth to Lung Tanks and Coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

flexy123

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Nautilus Mini is "good" (I have two sitting here), but only for a week MAX and then it tastes horrible and you spend a fortune replacing cartridges.

I went to Kayfuns and I am not looking back. Even a simple Kayfun Lite V2 clone for $15 is a lot more fun...fits more juice...and you can make your own coils and wicks and never have to get spare cartridges...

The only issue I have with the Kayfuns is that (IMHO) many 1:1 clones have weaknesses with juice channels, they're just too small ESPECIALLY if you vape anything above 50% VG, it always "feels" like they feed juice a tad too slow than what it should.

This however seems is addressed with the Kayfun V3 Mini which ON PAPER and according to many seems to be really the new King of MTL. It also has top filling, juice control etc..etc...so it really looks like a Kayfun on steroids with the weaknesses resolved. I can't say anything YET since my Kayfun V3 Mini is still in the incredible slow and horrible China "Air" mail on the way to me....

(I like very tight draws and never got into "direct lung hits" and other such nonsense. Most other RTAs, even those who have otherwise great reviews are not really for MTL. As I see it, I always come back to Kayfuns)

flexy123

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
The hurricane is the best RTA I've ever come across. They do have clones out there of great quality. This is an expensive atomizer. However it is insanely easy to build and wick and the flavor is unmatched!

This is exactly the point. What is "the best" atomizer? Not all people like the same way of vaping. I have seen reviews where they said it's "the best RTA" where it took me days to find out that "the best RTAs" with the best ratings are often entirely not suitable for MTL. Someone says XYZ is "the best" because it works for their way how they vape. A subohmer who likes to blow hot steam at 0.02 Ohms and 80W "right into their lung" would find a Kayfun totally unsuitable. And someone who likes MTL doesn't care about wide airflow etc...some tanks don't even allow to reduce airflow so far as that it works for MTL. If you look around and see reviews, MOST of them do not even mention if a device is good for MTL or not.

Reactions: DaveP

smokyribs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
California
when u say MTL I'm guessing it should be flavor chasing.

Here's a list of what I've owned (some of them I hope to own...)

RTA:

Hurricane v1.3 (Personal Favorite)
Hurricane Junior
Mark bugs Gem
Mark bugs Gem v2
Ubertoot UTA2
EVL reaper
Kayfun v4
Kayfun v3 mini
Kayfun v5
Squape RS
Squape Dream
Rose V2
Rose 3
Origen V2 MKII 4ml or 6ml
Origen Tiny
in'ax MKIIr
in'ax MKIII
Vaponaute Le Magister
Vaponaute Le Zephyr
PICO rta by yellowkiss
pitbull RTA by animodz
PURO tank by xtramilevape
Serpent mini
Taifun GT2
Russian 91
Nextiny
Nextgen
Nipple RTA

RDA:
Snapdragon V1.5 (Personal Favorite)
Narda
Hellfire Predator
AX1 by VA
Hobo 3.1
Thump RDA
Nopity by Noname
Origen Dripper
Arc Atty
Nipple by TJT
Magma
Veritas
Derringer

Hope this helps.

Forkeh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
California
I wasn't particularly impressed with TC mode either. I'm a mouth to lung vaper as well. I've found my vape happy place to be with anything that I can lock the airflow down nice and tight. Too much airflow and my throat hit goes byebye. Not too crazy on the wattage; generally nothing above 25 watts. Resistance no lower than .5.

I mean I get decent clouds I guess. But I'm really more interested in dense vapor and throat hit.

dashbb

Jun 27, 2016
Houston TX
MTL tank with really good flavor: UD Zephyrus V2. Comes with RBA deck and pre-built coils. 1.8 ohm provides good flavor and easy MTL vape. You can change out drip-tip to a wider bore and use sub-ohm coil for Direct Lung hits, if you so desire. Only negative I've experienced is with 0.5 coil @ 50W, it doesn't wick fast enough for chain-vaping and give a dry hit. Again, flavor is awesome!

ddbfb74a66c9a690019f36734b1bc414.jpg

TinxyBee

Jan 29, 2015
Oh why, oh why are people always suggesting RTAs and RBAs or whatnot in these type of threads, when it's clearly not what the OP is asking about/after??

I'm researching about MTL tanks myself at the moment, looking to get something better than my Evod Glasses, Mini Protank 3s and my K1, and I see it in EVERY thread everywhere where people are after the same thing I am.

I think some of you have forgotten how it is to be a newer vaper that don't build coils themselves, and don't necessarily feel like being an amateur mechanic just to get an enjoyable vape (while at the same time not necessarily breaking the bank to do so).

I know that there are people who move very quickly into the much more advanced aspects of vaping, but many also do not. And I think that it's important that people help others in a way they actually want/need help, otherwise it's not really helping at all. Thank goodness some people actually read the questions properly, and actually answers the questions that are being asked - otherwise one wouldn't learn anything, so one can find the type of setup that does the trick for oneself....

And btw, everybody that insists on suggesting doing their own coil building, or sub ohming or getting a mod with external batteries (and god forbid mech mods) etc. to fairly new vapers, should at LEAST mention the safety aspects of those things when doing so...

There... Got that off my chest, and of course didn't do a thing to help out the OP... But to my defense, at least I'm a fairly new (at least full time) vaper myself, and is just doing my research as well these days.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I have an Innokin Axiom that I've been able to set up a good mtl vape, but that's using the rba head.
The reason we suggest rba's is because that's about all that's left for mtl vaping!
There are two reasons we are recommending replaceable battery mods,
1) because we know how bad it sucks to have to throw away a decent mod because the stupid battery died!
2) because of the stupid FDA crap we have to set everyone up to be as future proof as we can, another reason we suggest rba's.
Please research and come back with suggestions for a mtl tank, other than the Natulis, which is getting hard to find, that aren't rba's. I really doubt you find many as the market seems to be going to dl style vaping!
There's a lot of reasoning behind these suggestions.

Reactions: ernieball

TinxyBee

Jan 29, 2015
However, there are people that manages to suggest other MTL tanks, so obviously there are some that some people find satisfying, where it's not a requirement to build own coils.

1. I was just saying, that if people are going to suggest those, they need to get into battery safety too. Remember, people who are newer to this might not know at all. Do you disagree that this is important?

2. I find it strange that nobody (almost) actually mentions that this is their reasoning, then. I mean, it doesn't make much sense suggesting to someone who is a relative beginner that they start building their own coils (when that person ISN'T looking to do that) without mentioning that THAT is the reason behind the suggestion. Bc that person will likely just ignore the advice (of course), and never have any idea WHY that person suggested it.

Btw I have actually seen many people give their reason for suggesting an RTA in a thread just like this; pretty much everyone give the reason that "something" (i.e. a kayfun this or that) if THE BEST for MTL vaping, sooo good taste, nothing can beat it, so just forget about anything else, you MUST use it, you must build coils bc OMG you need to get a kayfun cause it's the absolute BEST for MTL!! ...This, and not a word of anything FDA related... And if the latter is the reasoning for SOME people to suggest an RTA (clearly not most), they might make suggestions that can let the beginner take their time in a learning curve at least, since nothing is going to start hindering people to get tanks or factory built coils tomorrow. And anyway, if you don't SAY that this is the reason for suggesting it, it's not going to help anyone anyway.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
1) Not so much anymore with everyone starting out with regulated mods now days. The regulated mods will safely run pretty much any build you throw on it. In the days of Egos we had to preach that because some of them would fire with to low of a build on them. In the case of a mech they'd better know their batteries and their build and be able to recite it on demand!
But these new mods will fire from .05 ohms, or some such stupidity, to 2 ohms and not give a rip either way!
Believe me, I am a battery Nazi on a lot of things, but with these new mods I've just had to throw my hands in the air! As long as they are using a 20 amp CDR battery it's pretty much game on anymore.
2) If you've seen so many of these suggestions, please rattle them off!
I'm a "tootle puffer" most times and like a mtl vape, I also have a ton of tanks, unless I want to get into the search for cartomizers, again, find one I can live with, again and hope I can find them in stock, I can go with carto tanks, RTA's or hunt down an Aspire Natulis and coils for it. But those are even getting hard to find.
Right now the pendelem has swung towards dl tanks as that's what's selling. Look around on this forum, there are several threads of this topic going right now full of people on the same hunt, getting the same answers. So please do forgive me if I'm short on answering every one in great detail, I do have a sembelense of a life once in a while, and yes, the answer usually ends up KFL, and those that do put forth the effort find its easier than they thought and are happy with the results.
Per the FDA, that's your prerogative, I will not buy a mod that doesn't have a replaceable battery and I will not buy an attie that doesn't have an rba deck, those are my choices.
So again, please carry on with your suggestions, I'll quit replying to these threads.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Personally, in this day and age (with the FDA deeming and all) I'd be more inclined to recommend tanks with an optional RBA over tanks that can only fit factory coils.

The progression that I followed was: K1/Nautilus => Atlantis/Trition => Kanger Subtank Mini/TopTank (top fill) mini.

The reason that many of us (or least ME) suggest true RTA's is that at some point we (I) got so frustrated with the quality of factory built atomizers (or the lack there of) that the choice was to ether dive into winding our own coils or go back to Analogs.

While "the deeming" may of stopped shops from winding up a coil for you the other consideration is the night/day difference in useful lifespan. While I could measure the lifespan of factory coils in frustratingly hours and days the coils that I make are in service for weeks if not months!

The Atlantis/Trition tanks mentioned above can also take ceramic "CCELL" atomizers that by all accounts last much longer than the Aspire factory heads.

wheelie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 12, 2014
    Ont. Canada
    www.independentont.com
    My wife used nauti mini's for a while and still likes hers. I got her 2 triton minis a week or so back and she likes them even more. It uses the same coils as the mini for non TC and there are claptons and a couple of TC coils too. It's top fill and a larger range of airflow over the nautilus. .
    This is my thoughts exactly and stated very elegantly. CHEERS!

Reactions: aikanae1

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    We'll have to wait and see what happens to tanks with pre-built coils. Each one of those has to go through the FDA approval process (or not, depending on whether they are actually labeled as products that contain nicotine).

I own about 15 MTL tanks and the biggest worry is replacement parts down the road. I bought backups for my backups and most of them are Kayfun variants. I do own a couple of Squapes and a few other MTL types that aren't Kayfuns.

I"m still looking for MTL tanks deals.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread