Best Mod to use with MTL atty

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvigti

Jun 25, 2012
Portugal, Mafra
Hi, I have vaped since 2012. Gone through several mods, pens, mechs, tanks, attys, etc...
I, similar to Pbusardo, have always prefered MTL vaping, as well as low wattage (10 to 20 watts).
My question is, what would be the current "best" mod for using with a MTL tank?
My main requirements are:

Excellent (the best possible) build quallity
Single replaceable 18650 battery (no internal battery mods)
No need for dna board but can be

I don't use much TC. I used it for a year or two with my Cubis and Cubis pro tanks (and ego aio pro c for a short while). I would like to have it for future proofing but that's it.
I am currently using the Zenith tank with 0.8 ohm coils at 15 to 18 watts, so I don't need or want a mod with dual 18650, 220watts or more range, or anything crazy like that.
My last mod is a Joyetech VTC mini, which is acting up (fire button not always firing), and I am only using it again because I was using an ego aio pro c but got tired of the cubis coils. I am loving the Zenith. Reminds me of my times with the Nautilus (I tried the nautilus 2 and hated it, mostly because of leaking and small capacity).

Anyway, this isn't about the tank (I'm sure most of you would recommend a MTL RTA or something like that but I hate rebuilding).

I have ordered an Alien Baby (AL85). But I don't think it's a quality device in terms of materials, it looks cheap (still hasn't arrived).

What would be the highest possible quality mod you would recommend, that uses a single 18650?

Thanks in advance ;)

Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi,
I would point you towards the JacVapour Series B. Silver (25mm) or black (22mm)
dna-sandstorm-s4.jpg

dna-w1.jpg

Don't forget to wait for your discount code...More info here:
JAC Vapour Series-B DNA 75w

Cheers
I

cvigti

Jun 25, 2012
Portugal, Mafra
Hi,
I would point you towards the JacVapour Series B. Silver (25mm) or black (22mm)
dna-sandstorm-s4.jpg

dna-w1.jpg

Don't forget to wait for your discount code...More info here:
JAC Vapour Series-B DNA 75w

Cheers
I

I had thought about that one. I love the sandstorm colour and since the Zenith is 24mm that would probably fit better than the black one. I have seen people complaining about the flimsy battery cover (rattles mainly)
I also looked at the vaporshark switchbox dna 75, but although the quality of that one seems great, people say the finish is ruined quite fast because of the rubbery finish.

Is there any other recommendations? Doesn't have to be a dna mod ;)

As an added piece of information, I have huge hands (I'm 1.92m tall) so I don't mind if the box mod is bigger than usual. I mean, size of the mod is not a dealbreaker for me. It only has to use a single 18650 (or even one of those mods that use a combo os 18650/26650). I really liked somethinglike the geek vape aegis, but then I saw reviews and the errors the board it uses has...that is what I call a dealbreaker for me.

cvigti

Jun 25, 2012
Portugal, Mafra
I'm using al85 for 7-8 months.Very quality built mod.Sticker on the back side started to loose colour and that is the only - i have noticed.24mm Berserker fits it perfectly.Very good mod,wait to arrive.

Poslato sa PRA-LX1 uz pomoć Tapatoka
Thanks for the feedback ;)
I am probably going to wait for it, should arrive this coming week. But that right there speaks for the quality I am talking about...the fact that it has a sticker, and on top of that the fact it is loosing colour. I would prefer an all SS/Aluminium mod, with no plastic or rubber parts outside (other than the screen, obviously). But I also would like something with a bit of style, not just a box like the LOST VAPE EPETITE DNA60 TC BOX MOD:
lost_vape_epetite_dna60_tc_box_mod_all_colors__2.jpg

This is quality and is single 18650 but...it is ugly in my opinion.

I have been watching some more reviews and it seems some of the kinks of the board in the geek vape aegis have been resolved in firmware updates. I am really liking the look and ruggedness of that mod. And since I vape at 15/18w I don't mind it can't really hold the 100w. Not going to get even near that.
I will research more mods until the AL85 arrives.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The Geekvape agis does get good reviews for durability. I happen to think it's a very nice looking mod, too, although I don't own one. I don't think you'd go wrong with a Jaq B either, they get very good reviews. Most of the single battery mods I use are tube style mods, so I can't offer much more in suggestion. You may however find that you like the Alien quite a bit, though. I think that Smok worked out a lot of production issues with that one, so you may find yourself getting lucky, although it's not a mod I'd "search out" for durability, if well treated it seems the Aliens can do quite well... Provided you get a good one.

Best of luck in your search!

Anna

Reactions: cvigti

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
The Dicodes Dani box is the best single 18650 battery mod I have. Quality build is superior to the Radius. Two years warranty, made in Germany. Leaves all other mods biting the dust, but this is reflected on the price.
For MTL I also use the Yihi ML class, it is heavier, somewhat cheaper, but similar extreme high quality.
For a non-TC, penny-pinching third option, you may choose the Innokin CoolFire IV 40 W, it provides a surprisingly good DC drive to the atomiser, and overall great value for money.

cvigti

Jun 25, 2012
Portugal, Mafra
The Dicodes Dani box is the best single 18650 battery mod I have. Quality build is superior to the Radius. Two years warranty, made in Germany. Leaves all other mods biting the dust, but this is reflected on the price.
For MTL I also use the Yihi ML class, it is heavier, somewhat cheaper, but similar extreme high quality.
For a non-TC, penny-pinching third option, you may choose the Innokin CoolFire IV 40 W, it provides a surprisingly good DC drive to the atomiser, and overall great value for money.

I don't like the shape of the Dani box, but I admit it must be of excellent quality. I also don't fancy much the yihi styles, although I like it much better than the Dani box. The innokin is similar in looks to the yihi.

I love the SX mini G class, I love the Vaporesso revenger x, I like the sigelei top 1. Basically, I really like boxy mods, with rounded/tapered edges, with the tank/atty sitting in the center. Sadly most, if not all of this mods, are dual 18650, and that I don't like.

I ended up ordering the geekvape aegis. I like the looks of it and it is single 18650/26650.
The quality seems to be great according to reviewers, and the added bonus is water resistance and dust resistance (the dust resistance is going to be good for me).

The smok alien baby was more of an impulse buy when I was getting frustrated with my VTC mini and searched the web for best single 18650 mod. I have since realized nowadays ppl like single 18650 mods in a mini factor, like the Pico and Alien baby. That is why the pico and alien baby were appearing as the best. Big wattage in small size.

Now I just need to find the highest mah 26650. I am going to be under 7A so no problem in Amp rating (15/18W). Until then, I will use my 18650's with the adapter.

Thank you all for the sugestions and if you have any sugestions on a 26650 high mah battery, go ahead. Mooch only has batteries (reviews/ratings) with high amperage because of all you cloud chasers/high wattage crowd :p ;)

autobiogphnation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Chicago
My MTL setups are all about being compact and looking good. Atty for all is digiflavor siren 2 in various colors to match the mod (with the exception of the billet box setup). Everything is usually a DNA board just because they're consistent and reliable.

My mods are:
-Mark Bugs wizard's apprentice evolved 2 (dna40)
-ProVari P3 (18350 mode)
-Jacvapor series B
-BilletBox Rev4B

Billet box is probably the nicest looking one, but it's up there in price and you won't get a MTL experience direct out of box. You'd have to get an atty for billet box that has afc or tight draw (new billet boxes come with adapters for Kanger OCC heads only). I'm currently using the subtank mini rba and the adapter kit came with an afc ring and I can get a pretty good saturated flavor with that.

WAE2 and P3 would have to come second hand since neither are made anymore (that's how I got both of mine) I miss seeing regulated tube mods, especially 18350 versions. Really makes me miss my ProVari mini 2.5... wish I still had that but at the time of parting with it I was at like 30 Watts, now everything is 15 Watts Max for me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

cvigti

Jun 25, 2012
Portugal, Mafra
My MTL setups are all about being compact and looking good. Atty for all is digiflavor siren 2 in various colors to match the mod (with the exception of the billet box setup). Everything is usually a DNA board just because they're consistent and reliable.

My mods are:
-Mark Bugs wizard's apprentice evolved 2 (dna40)
-ProVari P3 (18350 mode)
-Jacvapor series B
-BilletBox Rev4B

Billet box is probably the nicest looking one, but it's up there in price and you won't get a MTL experience direct out of box. You'd have to get an atty for billet box that has afc or tight draw (new billet boxes come with adapters for Kanger OCC heads only). I'm currently using the subtank mini rba and the adapter kit came with an afc ring and I can get a pretty good saturated flavor with that.

WAE2 and P3 would have to come second hand since neither are made anymore (that's how I got both of mine) I miss seeing regulated tube mods, especially 18350 versions. Really makes me miss my ProVari mini 2.5... wish I still had that but at the time of parting with it I was at like 30 Watts, now everything is 15 Watts Max for me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I still have my Provari mini! (V1). Along with several 18350 AW batteries ;)
Used to love it with my vivi novas, protanks, nautilus, etc... but then I really wanted VW and not only VV. Blame it on GrimmGreen and his Darwin ;)

When I quit smoking and chose vaping, back in 2012, I used cigalikes and ego batteries. Then jumped right to the provari mini.
Always been MTL and low wattage, but I did try some cloud chasing atties. Not my cup of tea.

Today I want big, beefy mods for my big hands. I used to want a BAM but it was mech and I didn't want to mess with those evolv dna chips (Kick) you could use with a smaller battery. If only they had released the BAM with VW and a screen... :)
ct_bam_1.jpg

Then I started using some eleaf isticks and whatnot, VTC's, Ego AIO Pro and here we are.
I like a mod that when I go to a restaurant, bar, etc, I can put it on the table and it doesn't fall. I don't like putting mods on their side because of the tanks (leaking, dry hit, etc).

I also want a mod that fits my hands. All my mods I have had to thumb them while holding them with my fingers, instead of wrapping the palm around them like I would prefer.
But on the other hand I don't want just a box, like a cigarrete box (like a billetbox or the lost vapes I put up there). I want something more like the first reuleaux, but without 3 or 2 batteries.
Have a look at how I have to grab my mod to fire, how my hand fits closed and the size of the VTC mini in my hand:
EdYRKXT.jpg
vug5wSS.jpg
tMXuNgk.jpg

I wanted a mod I can set upright on a table without it falling (so, heavy and boxy), can wrap my hand around it and thumb fire it, and good quality. Let's see how the Aegis fares.

Last edited:
  • Useful

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
The Pico has had a large fan base, with good reason. I also enjoy the Vaporesso Swag. Good products and low/moderately priced.

The double barrel might have a unique appeal, too. Yes, 2 batteries, watts only, but tidy and well made.

BTW, I have zero rattle on my Jac. DNA 75 is great board. Feels almost like a tube mod as it is narrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread