Big baby beast rba- no flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I've got the Big Baby Beast with the RBA deck that I'm using right now. Dual coils .8 ohms each SS Claptons that I just burn to clean and then rewick. From what I read PG carries the flavor and VG makes the clouds. I make my own liquid and use 80 PG and 20 VG. I'm getting very good flavor and plenty of vapor. There is a problem with the Big Baby Beast RBA that you may encounter in the future, when putting it back together it is possible to short the coils, there is a vid on you tube about the problem.

Reactions: Laura Miller

Laura Miller

Aug 10, 2016
I've got the Big Baby Beast with the RBA deck that I'm using right now. Dual coils .8 ohms each SS Claptons that I just burn to clean and then rewick. From what I read PG carries the flavor and VG makes the clouds. I make my own liquid and use 80 PG and 20 VG. I'm getting very good flavor and plenty of vapor. There is a problem with the Big Baby Beast RBA that you may encounter in the future, when putting it back together it is possible to short the coils, there is a vid on you tube about the problem.
Thank you very much! He found tge video! We are also going to get different cotton. We make huice as well and use the opposite ratio of pg/vg. More steep time required hahaha

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I just ordered another RBA deck for the tank, I have to play with this one to get it going again which takes time. Like to find the cause of the problem and fix it rather than play with it. If I compare it with a new on that may help.
So your making your own liquid, have your husband add more flavoring, I used to little on my first try and had to add more liquid.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
There are a number of things you can do to boost flavor, which is always going to be subjective.

1. Fiddle with the power settings used for your current coil. Some flavors do better at slightly higher or lower power than others.

2. Experiment with resistance, same reason as above.

3. Increase your surface area. Use more wraps of slightly lower gauge wire if you want to aim for the same resistance.

4. Micro-nano coils, which have different definitions depending on who you ask. But this includes basically anything 1.4mm and smaller, such as coils wrapped around syringes down to about <.5" in diameter. Such a smaller inner diameter does make wicking a tad difficult for this kind of set-up, though.

5. Stainless steel wire. I still like 316L.

6. clapton or fused clapton coils (with or without SS). Fused may be a bit big for the RBA to accept, but it will easily take decently sized claptons and possibly smaller fused claptons.

7. If all else fails, it sounds like you DIY, so increase your flavoring for juices used in that tank.

These aren't the only things anyone can do to try and boost flavor, but I can't think of much else to do in that RBA. You could experiment some with some different wicking techniques or coil orientation; there's a chance vertical coils and the resultant wicking choices would work well in there. I have and use this RBA but haven't had trouble getting good flavor from stainless claptons, which are my go-to anyway.

Last edited:

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
Cotton bacon is good. I don't necessarily find it much better than plain old Koh-Gen-Do but it's convenient and works well. I'm sure the lower VG has helped some with the flavor too.

Have you found any replacement glass for the RBA? I actually use the babies, but both the baby and big baby use slightly larger glass for the RBA vs. the factory coils and I haven't been able to find replacements for it ANYWHERE. I don't even think SMOK makes them, which is ridiculous, but I'd gladly get something inauthentic if I knew it was the right size.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I now have 2 Smok TFV8 tanks with RBAs, the original than is now working without problems, to much air flow adjustments which I stopped playing with.
I got some replacement glass for RBA from Fasttech I've used it and it works

Iwodevape Replacement Glass Tank for Smoktech SMOK TFV8 Big Baby Clearomizer (2-Pack)
TFV8 Big Baby Tank (RBA),Borosilicate Glass,2-Pack / SKU: 7149100

Don't get their RBA deck for the TFV8 it is actually for the TFV12 the dimensions are for the TFV12
I also like the SS coils myself and have made a few pairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread