BOOM WIRE?? anybody heard of it/have experience with it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aznzing03

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2013
Minneapolis
Yeah i was skeptical at first when i bought it but after following chadsters tutorials on building with these wires im kind of convinced. It may not be worth $25 dollars but if your looking for a pretty damn good vape id recommend trying them.
Different from kanthal wires in a few ways:
Feel less springy. Easier to build with for me. They heat up in a strange way. You cannot full fire them without wick, have to pulse or they bend and distort and sometimes bend so far that they break. Once built in a nice micro with a 5/6 wrap and they are lighting up evenly though they work pretty damn well. Flavor is all there and it produces large amounts of vapor.
Ive had the same build for about a week now and it has become my go to vape.

This is the point where it would be nice if you made a video, showing this pulsing stuff, and also letting us know the details of your build. I can blow clouds with a .4 dual coil out of a cyclone with 28g. Doesn't matter. I think we all just want to know what makes this better. As far as springy-ness goes, find me some 26g or even 24g kanthal that is springy and I'll shut right up. :D Haven't had any issues with either and I've played with a lot of wire.

justinonymous

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2010
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Boom Wire is the new 24g wire by Chadster. He also makes 26g "Beastmode" and 28g "RDA". He has a line of wires called Hotwires and he's huge in SoCal; pretty much the only known builder because he "invented" the center post set up. I've tried both RDA and Beastmode. It's not Kanthal A-1 nor nichrome I believe. I haven't compared Kanthal A-1 26g and the Beastmode 26g side by side yet. His Hotwires are actually really nice and it's something you'd just have to try for yourself. For $25 getting 15 ft of wire and wick I personally don't buy it, I just get it for free sometimes but it is worth trying.

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Boom Wire is the new 24g wire by Chadster. He also makes 26g "Beastmode" and 28g "RDA". He has a line of wires called Hotwires and he's huge in SoCal; pretty much the only known builder because he "invented" the center post set up. I've tried both RDA and Beastmode. It's not Kanthal A-1 nor nichrome I believe. I haven't compared Kanthal A-1 26g and the Beastmode 26g side by side yet. His Hotwires are actually really nice and it's something you'd just have to try for yourself. For $25 getting 15 ft of wire and wick I personally don't buy it, I just get it for free sometimes but it is worth trying.

:facepalm:

Jawden

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Hilo, HI

hahahaha! thats the same reaction i had...

taking a sample and having its composition analysed might help shed some light on whether this is a hustle or legit

yeah, thats kind of the whole reason i started this thread....

i was hoping people who have had experience with it, or DO have some on hand, to post some pics or vids of their experiences and possible a comparison between these "boom" wires and kanthal a1. but im guessing nobody caught that.

i'm happy with my 28g kanthal, but was just curious as to what exactly this is...

even with some feedback explaining this "chadsters hotwires", it still doesnt answer the question of "what is it???"

so, for the record, to anyone out there, if someone can make a video or find further, more detailed info on exactly WHAT boom wires is, it'd be greatly appreciated!

i've searched for hours to find the composition of boom wires or what it possibly could be, but to no avail...i've come up empty handed.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
Maybe it's this wire. .9 mm ribbon is on the right of this insanity :D

20131201_142632.jpg

justinonymous

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2010
Los Angeles, CA, USA
hahahaha! thats the same reaction i had...

yeah, thats kind of the whole reason i started this thread....

i was hoping people who have had experience with it, or DO have some on hand, to post some pics or vids of their experiences and possible a comparison between these "boom" wires and kanthal a1. but im guessing nobody caught that.

i'm happy with my 28g kanthal, but was just curious as to what exactly this is...

even with some feedback explaining this "chadsters hotwires", it still doesnt answer the question of "what is it???"

so, for the record, to anyone out there, if someone can make a video or find further, more detailed info on exactly WHAT boom wires is, it'd be greatly appreciated!

i've searched for hours to find the composition of boom wires or what it possibly could be, but to no avail...i've come up empty handed.

Look up Hotwires by Chadster instead of Boom Wires, you'll have better luck with that considering he hasn't officially come out with Boom Wires yet.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
In order to make the ribbon fit. It has to be folded in half at the connections. I used forceps and squeezed to make the legs. Make sure that coil is snug, but not too tight, on the silica. Pulse fire to break in the coil. Check for gaps. You don't want a hotspot. Believe me, it's not a pleasant feeling inhaling hot nichrome 60 LOL Add the juice, and it needs a lot of it. Too strands of 3 mm silica holds plenty. I used a Trident clone with a removed negative post to hold more wick.

Jawden

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Hilo, HI
In order to make the ribbon fit. It has to be folded in half at the connections. I used forceps and squeezed to make the legs. Make sure that coil is snug, but not too tight, on the silica. Pulse fire to break in the coil. Check for gaps. You don't want a hotspot. Believe me, it's not a pleasant feeling inhaling hot nichrome 60 LOL Add the juice, and it needs a lot of it. Too strands of 3 mm silica holds plenty. I used a Trident clone with a removed negative post to hold more wick.

good to know! haha. but what did your build read out at as far as resistance? and how many wraps? i already ordered some from KP but just curious. haha. and how was flavor and TH?

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
good to know! haha. but what did your build read out at as far as resistance? and how many wraps? i already ordered some from KP but just curious. haha. and how was flavor and TH?
Oh yeah LOL. I only had enough room for a 3 wrap. Heck those 3 wraps look like 3 micro coils :D Resistance was .28 ohm. I used Inawera Mango at 6 mg. Flavor was awesome considering one air hole. The TH was good, but it sure as heck filled my lungs quick. It's a smoother vape than .28 duals, that's for sure.

Jawden

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Hilo, HI
Oh yeah LOL. I only had enough room for a 3 wrap. Heck those 3 wraps look like 3 micro coils :D Resistance was .28 ohm. I used Inawera Mango at 6 mg. Flavor was awesome considering one air hole. The TH was good, but it sure as heck filled my lungs quick. It's a smoother vape than .28 duals, that's for sure.

NIIICE!! :D cant wait til i get mine in! luckily i was down to my last 6 inches of 28g kanthal so i had an excuse all ready for the wife when she seen me adding things to my cart. hahahaha!

is it a hot/warm vape at all? even with .5-.6 ohm coils, ive been getting a cooler vape. somehow my throat cant handle the heat after giving up analogs...but i aint complaining! haha.

Youssefa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2009
Gainesville, FL USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread