Bought a new vape, turns out it's fake... Keep it or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
Shouldn't eBay help cover some protection if you were sent an item that was different than advertised?

Personally I'd never hold onto something that was definitely inauthentic unless I specifically purchased it that way, though as others have said there's always a chance it's a problem with the code itself.

Reactions: Tonee N

Continuity

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
NW, UK
I would take it up with the seller - fire them an email to let them know that it's failed authentication and see what they say.

It's also quite possible that your device *is* authentic, and that the authentication procedure went FUBAR as r77r7r mentioned above - I've seen this happen more than once with a few big vape manufacturers, with people wanting to check their devices that they've bought from Fasttech or whatever.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Bought a kangertech subox mini 50W online and I checked the authenticity and sadly its fake. Bought it on Ebay from a Top Rated Seller and the product had 209 buys. Mostly good reviews. He only had 5 bad reviews and 2 of them said theirs was fake too. Should I try to vape on it? Is it safe? What should I do if I don't want to return it?
Welcome and glad you joined. If the mod works, it's your call.

Kickingthesticks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 6, 2016
    I can't believe there ARE fake Kangers and Picos.
    I mean, why clone a device that's $30 in the first place?
    Nutz
    Sometimes manufacturer sell items that don't pass quality inspection to other companies for cheaper, they just won't recognize or admit that it's their product.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread