Brand new rba bottom coil tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I didn't deform the it in any way, I just made the holes very slightly bigger which in turn allows more air into the rba, not outside it.
I had to deform it to get it working.
In the past, the manufacturer designed larger holes on some dual cartos. It did nothing, because the grommet still blocked the airflow.

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
In the past, the manufacturer designed larger holes on some dual cartos. It did nothing, because the grommet still blocked the airflow.

I don't know what to tell you. The grommet doesn't block mine or others who made this similar very small adjustment which will be standard on the next batch.

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC

One other thing. I've done tons of reading on the multiple rba threads on this and other forums. Most of these rbas seem to run between $125 to $250. There are any number of mods and adjustments to make these high dollar rbas perform. Please don't tell me you expect something for $19.99 to outperform these rbas without some fiddling and adjustments.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
One other thing. I've done tons of reading on the multiple rba threads on this and other forums. Most of these rbas seem to run between $125 to $250. There are any number of mods and adjustments to make these high dollar rbas perform. Please don't tell me you expect something for $19.99 to outperform these rbas without some fiddling and adjustments.
LOL A simple error, that could be fixed. That's all I'm saying. No, it will never outperform high quality Genesis style atties. I'm very aware of that.

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
I don't have to fiddle anything on my expensive gear, that's why I took the hit in the bank account.

I find that very curious since there are umpteen threads dedicated to the high dollar rbas and how to set them up with numerous wick variations and modifications.

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
After comparing the prototype I received from china and the ones vapingzone is selling. I did notice that factory did indeed make a change. Why they did this I dont know. China is shut down most of this week so I can't ask why?

All I did was drill out the 2 air holes above the threads. Lot's of air flow no wicking issues and works just like the prototype does. I used a 1/32 inch drill bit.

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Oh my goodness. This thing hits perfectly now.

I widened the airholes on the side, just above the threads. I used a 3/64 drill bit.

At first I tried to pull out the center pin but I was having a real tough time, and I didn't want to break it. So I figured maybe I could drill it without taking out the pin. So I drilled carefully and felt the bit go through and hit center post, this is when I stopped drilling. I did the same thing on the other side hole. All without damaging the center post. Now it works fine. I have plenty of other atty's but tonight I decided to mess with this one.

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
That's what I did also. It has worked great for 90% of us.

Oh my goodness. This thing hits perfectly now.

I widened the airholes on the side, just above the threads. I used a 3/64 drill bit.

At first I tried to pull out the center pin but I was having a real tough time, and I didn't want to break it. So I figured maybe I could drill it without taking out the pin. So I drilled carefully and felt the bit go through and hit center post, this is when I stopped drilling. I did the same thing on the other side hole. All without damaging the center post. Now it works fine. I have plenty of other atty's but tonight I decided to mess with this one.

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
Think I may try a shorter wick, the original set up is pesky. will try a sort cotton wick later today with another coil.

I tried the shorter wick but ended up with the original wick and slightly opening the air holes in the post above the threads. It works well now.

Njt07

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2011
Ft Hood TX
Well ive been using mine almost exclusively now with some mods.

I replace the tube with a 3.5ml dcc tank tube, plugged the air hole with a bit of carto condom, the center little piece. I punched a small hole level with the top of the posts in the side of the tube. Used a top plug from the dcc tank with a piece of a clear carto and drip tip.

This this is a perfect dripping RBA now, been using it with my drip on demand from madvapes. Massive vapor lol

*edit* and replaced the oring on the base from the base plug of the dcc tank.

Last edited:

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
Njt07, that sounds interesting, got any pics?
I opened the airholes myself, and found it working so well I am going to wait on the cotton wick. Blue snake, what was the issue with the short wicks?

The shorter wicks did not hold enough liquid and kept getting juice out the bottom and occasionally up the air tube. Once I opened the airholes and put a new wick/coil the wick stayed in the bottom wrapped around the posts, sucked up all the liquid and worked very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread