Bulk PG/VG USP Pharmaceutical Grade

Status
Not open for further replies.

FizzleFisch

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2009
Lake Travis - Texas
@ FizzleFisch

Have you tried the pharmacy at CVS or Walgreens? They can order it if they don't have it on hand. I believe I read somewhere on this forum it was about $7 for 16oz.

I got my PG from my vet - they ended up just giving 16 ozs to me...

FWIW

-bogie

Thanks for the suggestion bogie. -- The answer is 'sorta'. I've asked someone in the pharmacy at one of our local (non-chain) drugstores. I was told they could order PG... but as I recall, they quoted me a price of something like $12 for a bottle that I believe was 6oz. -- I declined the offer.

Now having said that... I realize I haven't really checked with all the other semi-local retailers. -- And that's now what I understand is probably my own failing. Living in the country isn't always convenient. So now I'm going to check with the CVS, Walmart, & other major chain-retailers who, although they are much further driving distance from us, ... will be more likely to provide a satisfactory sourcing.

EDIT: And we've got a wonderful relationship with our Vet. -- I'm definitely gonna' give them a call first! --Thanks for the great suggestion!

fisch;)

Last edited:

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
$12 sounds right for a 16 oz bottle. You probably won't find it on the shelf. Both times I have purchased from a pharmacy they had to order it but had it for me the next day.

I bought a gallon at tractor supply a while back for $20, but when I opened it, it had a very strong chemical odor. I opted not to use it. I'll kill weeds in my driveway with it in the spring. A 16 oz bottle lasts me 6 months so I really don't need a gallon sitting around anyway.

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
OTOH, the gallon of PG marked "Propylene Glycol, U.S.P." that I bought at Tractor Supply is clear, colorless and has almost no odor. If you have a farm or veterinary supply store near you, it can't hurt to check it out.

I'm mixing for 4 people, so 16 oz doesn't last all that long.

What was the brand name on yours? I just wasn't willing to risk it. I even poured off a pint to compare, thinking it might just be the volume, but it was still really strong. Glad you had better luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread