Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
Seems to me the legislation that CA *MOST* needs is forbidding all the fat cats from watering grass! So they have enough water for CROPS and oh.. FIRE FIGHTING?!?!??!?!

Idiots.

Andria

...and you've never heard of a brush fire being started by an ecig casually thrown out of the window of a passing car!! :)

Maybe it would be a Good Idea to ask the Mods to Revise this threads Title?

So that at a glance, the Casual Observer would not get the Impression that Everything is over in California.

It doesn't seem that anyone here who has joined in the discussion has had that problem... :rolleyes:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
...and you've never heard of a brush fire being started by an ecig casually thrown out of the window of a passing car!! :)

It doesn't seem that anyone here who has joined in the discussion has had that problem... :rolleyes:

I was think more about people seeing this thread in the New Thread Search, and then passing on reading it because they think Everything is Cool.

:)

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
Here we go again!!! :eek:

I guess that since they didn't like the amendments to the other bill, they split it up into pieces...

Here are the (6) New Bills introduced in California after the SB140 (Leno) hearing outcome.
SB-5 Bill Text - SBX2-5 Electronic cigarettes.
SB-6 Smoking in the workplace Bill Text - SBX2-6 Smoking in the workplace.
SB-7 Tobacco products: minimum legal age Bill Text - SBX2-7 Tobacco products: minimum legal age.
SB-8 Tobacco use programs Bill Text - SBX2-8 Tobacco use programs.
SB-9 Local taxes: authorization: cigarettes and tobacco products Bill Text - SBX2-9 Local taxes: authorization: cigarettes and tobacco products.
SB-10 Cigarette and tobacco product licensing: fees and funding. Bill Text - SBX2-10 Cigarette and tobacco product licensing: fees and funding.

Bill Text - SBX2-5 Electronic cigarettes.
leginfo.legislature.ca.gov

118925. (a) (1) It is unlawful for any person to smoke a tobacco product in any vehicle of a passeng...

(taken from a post on the CASAA FB page)

Last edited:
Reactions: Katya and DC2

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I'm having a hard time taking Senator Leno seriously. I've got this mental block going where every time I see his face I think he looks like an undertaker. He creeps me out.

He might as well be, he's trying to send so many smokers to an early grave. Primo Desk Murderer.

Andria

Reactions: pennysmalls

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Seems to me the legislation that CA *MOST* needs is forbidding all the fat cats from watering grass! So they have enough water for CROPS and oh.. FIRE FIGHTING?!?!??!?!

Idiots.

Andria

And fewer burning cigarette butts thrown out of car windows. :facepalm:

Idiots is right.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
And fewer burning cigarette butts thrown out of car windows. :facepalm:

Idiots is right.

No kidding! When I was a kid, we used to see ol Smoky the Bear on TV all the time, telling us that ONLY WE could prevent forest fires. CA really needs to bring that guy buy, and start inserting those clips in every text msg and video anything. Except to tell Californians that only they can prevent WILDFIRES, by not throwing their butts out car windows! :facepalm:

I confess, I was a .... thrower myself. BUT, pre-2009-floods, when we had a 10 year drought, I put those puppies OUT before I tossed em! So yeah I was a litterbug, but not a firebug!

Andria

Reactions: Katya

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
No kidding! When I was a kid, we used to see ol Smoky the Bear on TV all the time, telling us that ONLY WE could prevent forest fires. CA really needs to bring that guy buy, and start inserting those clips in every text msg and video anything. Except to tell Californians that only they can prevent WILDFIRES, by not throwing their butts out car windows! :facepalm:

I confess, I was a .... thrower myself. BUT, pre-2009-floods, when we had a 10 year drought, I put those puppies OUT before I tossed em! So yeah I was a litterbug, but not a firebug!

Andria

OT comedy:

Smokey the Bear laid off from his job

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I just watched the video, I'll try to find the link but the vote was 8-2 in favor though the official vote has been put "on call" due to some committee members being absent. Unless some of those who voted in favor change their mind, it will be passed.

ETA:

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
I just watched the video, I'll try to find the link but the vote was 8-2 in favor though the official vote has been put "on call" due to some committee members being absent. Unless some of those who voted in favor change their mind, it will be passed.

ETA:

What a load of bull poop. Thank you for posting the video, Lessifer. Was the audio a third grade class project?

ETA - Seriously? He thinks tobacco is the only place on the planet you can get nicotine? Somebody send him a crate of eggplant.

Reactions: Lessifer

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
What a load of bull poop. Thank you for posting the video, Lessifer. Was the audio a third grade class project?

ETA - Seriously? He thinks tobacco is the only place on the planet you can get nicotine? Somebody send him a crate of eggplant.
The person who shot the video or posted it apologized for the echo, not sure what happened. Almost nothing Leno said was factual... Of course, the opposition only got 6 minutes to speak between the two of them, and no chance to remark on the fact that this bill combined with the other bills is what would lead to the financial ruin of the industry in CA.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
The person who shot the video or posted it apologized for the echo, not sure what happened. Almost nothing Leno said was factual... Of course, the opposition only got 6 minutes to speak between the two of them, and no chance to remark on the fact that this bill combined with the other bills is what would lead to the financial ruin of the industry in CA.

Well... you know there are a real lot of attorneys in California. :D They're probably salivating over this. :D

Andria

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
I thought it was a state video. If it was just somebody there, kudos to them for taping it. :thumbs:

I didn't make it past that but will tomorrow when I'm home alone. Those that are voting for, do you really think they care about vape shops going out of business? They lie through their teeth to get their way, they don't care about us, they care about money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread