1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

Can the filters be reused on these?

Discussion in 'DSE 901/b *Mini*' started by Littlegiles, Oct 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Littlegiles

Littlegiles Full Member Verified Member

I have been using my 901 since Sunday evening and have worked my way through the 5 filters that were included with my starter kit. I have been adding juice to them but find that the filter material inside becomes "stringy" for lack of better terms. Is there a way to prevent this or should I just purchase new filters every time? Is there a way to replace the filter media?

Thanks.

2. dotma

dotma Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

are those cartridges or cartomizers?

3. Littlegiles

Sorry, I used the wrong term. They are cartridges that attach to an atomizer. They are NOT cartomizers.

4. dotma

People replace those fillers all the time. There is something called umm Fluval or something? Some sort of blue stuff that people buy and cut up and use those to replace the stuffing. I myself have used empty tea bags -- there are threads on here somewhere that have a bunch of different ideas for refilling those cartridges. Lemme see if i can go find some links for you!

5. dotma

6. dotma

7. Littlegiles

Dotma, you ROCK!! Thanks. Now I wish I still had my fishtank and supplies cause it looks like that filter media would work great. Oh well. LOL

8. dotma

they say its very cheap to buy -- i never tried it. I did do the tea bag thing cuz i happened to have like 40,000 boxes of tea in my cupboards and i didnt think that was too bad at all.

I remember thinking that too about the fish tank stuff lol -- hmmm do i have any filter stuff around here that is NOT full of old algae and fish poo??

9. Littlegiles

I have lots of teabags at home so I think I'm going to try that method first. Of course my main concern is leaking around the mouthpiece or into my mouth, but I figure it is worth a try. Right now it seems I'm getting 3 -4 drops of juice into the cartridge when I'm topping off, but any more than that and I'm too full.

Dotma....I really need you to make sure the filter media has no poo or algae. I'm thinking that is not a tasty vape at all!!

10. dotma

lol, i dont use cartridges anymore -- and you'll probably get tired of em too! :)

11. paulsonlaw

paulsonlaw Moved On

OP,
    Madvapes.com has the Poly Fill, enough to stuff 100's is only 2 bucks, do it right!

also,
    heavenlygifts.com has 10 pack blanks for 1.80, I just ordered 100 blanks for 20 bucks :)< take a few weeks from china

Use tweezers to pull out your used poly fill, rinse, roll, then dry, slide back in & it will be like new, not stringy,....

12. Littlegiles

Dotma, what do you use now if you aren't using the cartridges?

Paulsonlaw, I tried the tea bag method last night and didn't like the end result. Ended up tossing it and opening another cartridge. Tonight I'm going to try the Polyfil and see how that does. I have a bag of that stuff at home alread so no money spent there. WOOHOO!!

13. paulsonlaw

paulsonlaw Moved On

Little,

You're saving so much money, just buy the refills from china. Do note I have washed carts for reuse but have not used the poly fill from madvapes, only saw it as an option once.

14. SirVette

SirVette Super Member ECF Veteran

The blue foam works great in the carts.
    :smokie:

: madvapes
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.